Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I'm not sure players are in agreement of what exactly they want. Sometimes players say they hate curve decks & love end game swing turns, and then when cards like C'Thun or N'Zoth are released people complain about those late game swing plays. In the end players don't really want anything in particular except to have a deck to complain about.
    Swing turns are interesting when they are built around using multiple cards to create that swing turn - rather than cards you play on curve that are powerful enough individually then a ridiculous single card to create a swing by itself.

Shamans show good swing capability when they aren't stomping the 'midrange' due to overload and using multiple cards to swing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Better to have more viable decks in a static meta than fewer in a meta that makes no sense. Besides Hearthstone is a card game so it's not like you would automatically lose to your counters which means that hierarchy is a weak argument.
    I mean, unless your counter happens to be Jade Druid.

It's kinda funny really, despite being an overall weak deck Jade Druid is probably the most damaging deck type to the meta. Grindy control physically cannot win against Jade Druid, if you draw your entire deck and lack a 1-shot burst like Renolock then Jade Druid just wins. I don't think anything else wipes out an entire archetype like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    I mean, unless your counter happens to be Jade Druid.

It's kinda funny really, despite being an overall weak deck Jade Druid is probably the most damaging deck type to the meta. Grindy control physically cannot win against Jade Druid, if you draw your entire deck and lack a 1-shot burst like Renolock then Jade Druid just wins. I don't think anything else wipes out an entire archetype like that.
    Only counter to jade druids are super fast decks, kill them before they go nuts on you. While they are inslanly strong late game, they are also basicly immune to fatigue. So you cant play against them with a control deck

Basicly it comes down to faceroll with zeroskill before they faceroll with zeroskill...sounds like an amzing matchup!

Dont know why blizzard promotes stupid decks. Maybe they dont understand their own game

On the one hand i think they do an awesome job on how big the variety of decks is that can be played competitive. Also i can pick any class and have fun with it (not like WoW arena as an example, where some classes are just trash). On the other hand, every now and then i take a premade deck that blizzard offers for starters (like now to introduce the cards of how they should work for Gadgetzan expansion). These decks more or less never work...lol. How cant blizzard offer you a proper deck to play with?

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    But I digest.
    yo LMAO!!!!!

Problem with these threads is people have a different idea of fun.

For me, grindy control decks are unfun because they are so incredibly uninteractive. Almost as much as aggro. It's removal after removal after removal. No minion trading, just removing everything you play and nothing you play fares any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I think the copies of Jade Idol that get shuffled into your deck should basically be "1 Mana Summon a Jade Golem".

It's still a powerful tool for Jade Druid, still helps you against Control (You're basically playing with 34 Cards instead of 30) but at least grants other Control decks a chance to win.

The Jade Deck Archetype is just rolling over any Control Deck that cannot kill in one turn, but Jade Druid takes the Cake.

I'm playing N'zoth Shaman with Jade Cards, it's just funny how you roll over any Reno Lock / Mage if they are unable to pull off their OTK Combo, you can just throw your Hex on Midrange Minions such as Twilight Drake and still take the game, The Jade Golems will overwhelm them sooner or later, any Reno Deck does not have that much removal to deal with multiple Cards that make the 4 Mana 7/7 look like a joke.

Haven't lost a single game to Reno Lock that went the full distance, even if they dealt with all my Jade Cards, N'zoth brings Aya + White Eyes back, which means Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Problem with these threads is people have a different idea of fun.

For me, grindy control decks are unfun because they are so incredibly uninteractive. Almost as much as aggro. It's removal after removal after removal. No minion trading, just removing everything you play and nothing you play fares any better.
    Going to agree, playing against CTRL Priest / Warrior is just no fun, play a minion => Removal; Play a Minion => Removal; Have board => Board Clear.

It's just weird, a ton of removal cards aren't doing shit against aggro (Hello Entomb) but just help to establish this super fun Residentsleeper control type.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-12-26 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think the copies of Jade Idol that get shuffled into your deck should basically be "1 Mana Summon a Jade Golem".

It's still a powerful tool for Jade Druid, still helps you against Control (You're basically playing with 34 Cards instead of 30) but at least grants other Control decks a chance to win.
    The Jade Deck Archetype is just rolling over any Control Deck that cannot kill in one turn, but Jade Druid takes the Cake.
    That would leave Jade Druid too weak though. The issue is Auctioneer anyway, if you would draw a 1 mana summon a 6(++)/6(++) each turn(but would have to refill every 2 turns) it wouldn't be that overpowered lategame.

Personally, I like the Jade Druid type of Control way more than Priest/Warrior. I really hated the Warrior vs Warrior matchup, sit with 10 cards in hand and hero power tank up, roll better on the legendaries from Elise metagame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I'm not sure players are in agreement of what exactly they want. Sometimes players say they hate curve decks & love end game swing turns, and then when cards like C'Thun or N'Zoth are released people complain about those late game swing plays. In the end players don't really want anything in particular except to have a deck to complain about.
    You're going to run into that problem when you take the opinion of multiple different people and then place them into the same spot. I've never complained about a C'thun or N'zoth deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reno rotating out next expansion, I'll probably call it quits if they don't fix agro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Reno rotating out next expansion, I'll probably call it quits if they don't fix agro
    Everything will change like it does every expansion, it's not like Reno will be removed and everything else will stay the same.

Deleted
    It's not the 5deck-meta that stops me from playing HS, i can cope with that.
    It's the community that stops me from playing it.
    Retards spamming emotes, every 2nd game some idiot who takes the full timer to pick cards and then the full timer for first turn. People spamming emotes again after getting crazy lucky. People wanting to add you to shout at you after you beat them.
    Gives me the feeling there's only 12year old kids left plaing this game.

That combined with the insane powercreep cause Blizzard still has no idea whatsoever about TCG game balancing, i don't feel like playing at all atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    It's not the 5deck-meta that stops me from playing HS, i can cope with that.
    It's the community that stops me from playing it.
    Retards spamming emotes, every 2nd game some idiot who takes the full timer to pick cards and then the full timer for first turn. People spamming emotes again after getting crazy lucky. People wanting to add you to shout at you after you beat them.
    Gives me the feeling there's only 12year old kids left plaing this game.

That combined with the insane powercreep cause Blizzard still has no idea whatsoever about TCG game balancing, i don't feel like playing at all atm.
    Yeah, imo when actually playing other people the community often feels like the emoticon version of the toxicity I hear about in MOBAs. When I get the very rare friendly add request after a game to compliment my deck or say something positive about our game then it is a very appreciated gem simply because many of the players are quite frankly rude.

I hate Jade decks.

Any form of them.

They're just not fun to play against at the moment. Especially Jade Druid.

It's too boring and predictable, half of the opponents i face are shamans and pirate warriors. So damn annoying.

I didnt expect that, but honestly its the most boring meta since i started to play. And i play pretty much from the start. I wa sjust spectating some games of my friend who just started a year ago. I made him 2 decks that should be more or less fine. He faced 4 Reno decks in a row which were worht about 10k dust. He didnt do anything wrong but just has no chance.

When i play for myself its more or less the same. You can just say which 3-5 decks from hearthpwn you meet game after game after game...it was more or less like this before i guess, but the reno decks just give you the impression it got worse, because the games are so long without any real strategy.

First i was excited about the reno decks, because it gave certain cards the possibility to be played. But just after one ranked season i deleted all the reno decks and made all kind of decks which (should) counter reno decks and dragon priest. Oh yeah, i forgot dragon priests when i was talking about boring decks...lol, how could i
    Last edited by PPN; 2017-01-18 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    It's too boring and predictable, half of the opponents i face are shamans and pirate warriors. So damn annoying.
    This, so much this.

Everyone is playing "face is the place" aggro offensive decks. Is so annoying and lifeless.
    I refuse to play those decks anymore. I got to rank 7 just spaming Pirate Warrior and i just refuse to do it again.
    Feels like cheating and i hate those guys...but how can i hate them, they are just playing the meta after all.

Having fun with my jaderattle rogue with some cards to counter aggro.

I choose to have fun instead of wins with my Pirate Aggro Shaman with stupid 4 mana 7/7's or my pirate warrior that do 10 damage to the face on turn 3 ^_^
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-01-18 at 06:04 PM.

The meta is in a weird place right now. On one hand almost every class is viable right now. I think the only completely dead class is Hunter. I just hit Rank 3 and this entire season I've seen ONE Hunter. One. Paladin is weak too but you can win some with Murloc Paladin(its clearly 2nd worst though). But beyond that, you can win with every other class.

On the other hand though, aggro and curve decks are still way too powerful. It feels like 90% of games are decided by turn 3 and who can curve out better or get early board. If a pirate warrior coins out two 1 drops turn 1 they essentially have three minions AND a weapon on the board turn 1 and the game is basically over right there.

The game is ...

rotten, ridiculous, boring, crap, disgusting and moronic.

Even the question by the OP is a joke: The "meta"... wtf

So playing a cardgame in 2017 comes down to copycatting a deck from lifeless idiots on a web and play it ad nausum to get exactly what?

And please spare me that ridiculous remark of "all card games work this way..."

No they don't. I am a fan of LotR LCG, the Star Wars LCG and the brand new Akham Horror LCG and I never copied a deck on the web as such.

Compared to the above card games HS simply stinks. It is probably one of the most randomised crap products ever made.

I pity the idiots still putting money into this meaningless trash. By todays standard this Blizzard product is a terrible piece of shit.

It even beats D3, another moronic product btw.

Infracted - Trolling
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-01-23 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The game is ...

rotten, ridiculous, boring, crap, disgusting and moronic.
    How bad can it be? It still keeps you coming back so it must be doing something right