Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I miss Grim Patron.

I was always wondering why this expansion suck so much, after i had so much fun the first few days. Im a player who likes fun and creative decks, but ofc also winning is cool. It feels like this meta just doesnt allow any creative decks, because the dominant decks are just so fucking strong.

I usually make it to rank 10 with some selfmade deck, eventually even further, depends on how much time i invest. Atm im lucky if i make it to rank 17 with my fun decks.

I guess my choice of fun decks just suck...i like stealth rogue, taunt warrior and buff pala atm

The meta right now is pure shit and I haven't played for a week.

And I'm probably done until they do something about all the OP one drops.

Haha i just played 4 dragon priests in a row. They all spammed emotes like crazy. The easier a deck is to play, the more you need to BM? i dont get it

I'm having so much fun with the current meta that I'm only playing wild and tavern brawls for the dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I log in once every 3 days to get the quests done in either Tavern Brawl or Wild, sometimes even in Casual.
    That's how much I enjoy the current meta.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

I auto-concede every time I see Kazakus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I auto-concede every time I see Kazakus.
    I actually like Kazakus and think its a good card, but I will say that its way too RNG prone. If you don't get the AOE potion in some matchups its just worthless.

So apparently there are some nerfs coming out. Spirit Claw will be 2 mana and Smalltime Buccaneer will be 1 HP. I like both changes. Buc will still see play in Pirate Warrior but you probably won't see pirate package in midrange Shaman/Rogue builds anymore. I could see Spirit Claw phased out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    So apparently there are some nerfs coming out. Spirit Claw will be 2 mana and Smalltime Buccaneer will be 1 HP. I like both changes. Buc will still see play in Pirate Warrior but you probably won't see pirate package in midrange Shaman/Rogue builds anymore. I could see Spirit Claw phased out completely.
    Fucking finally. About the Small Time Buccaneer. The Spirit Claws nerf is about as relevant as the execute nerf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Fucking finally. About the Small Time Buccaneer. The Spirit Claws nerf is about as relevant as the execute nerf.
    Not quite. Execute isn't a tempo card, while Spirit Claws very much is. Upping the Exe cost by 1 saw little impact because it is usually played mid-late game anyway.

Making it 2 mana means a Shaman can't drop Claws on 1 then Thalnos... or fuck, even just RNG it with SP totem... on 2 and proceed to utterly dominate the entire early game. Also means Shaman has to choose between Claws and Totem Golem at 2.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I could see Spirit Claw phased out completely.

Think Spirit Claws might still see play, even if it's just to being able to deal 1 damage to things over 3 turns.

Aggro Shaman might not play it anymore, but any Midrange Shaman deck seeking to control the board might still take, still better than hitting hero power on turn two.

I mean let's be honest, Spelldamage cards like Azure Drake / Thalnos will still see play in many Shaman decks due Maelstrom Portal, which is insane with Spelldamage, and in turn also boost even a two mana Spirit Claws.

Deleted

They broke their own game lol. 2 examples:

1. Pirate Warrior, ends game at max 7 mana...why make cards when you never see 75% of your deck? Additionaly, if a pirate warrior tries to play wise, he will lose. No matter whats on the board...just hit face, except when it says taunt ofc. But basicly a bot deck.

2. Jade Druid..he can play forever, fatigue as a mechanic is removed from the game.

Well fuck, blizzard doesnt see this?

Im not complaining about seeing only the same 3-4 decks in the meta, its more or less ok, ppl will always take the easiest way to win. But things like mentioned above just ruin the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    They broke their own game lol. 2 examples:

1. Pirate Warrior, ends game at max 7 mana...why make cards when you never see 75% of your deck? Additionaly, if a pirate warrior tries to play wise, he will lose. No matter whats on the board...just hit face, except when it says taunt ofc. But basicly a bot deck.

2. Jade Druid..he can play forever, fatigue as a mechanic is removed from the game.

Well fuck, blizzard doesnt see this?

Im not complaining about seeing only the same 3-4 decks in the meta, its more or less ok, ppl will always take the easiest way to win. But things like mentioned above just ruin the game.
    Both of those points are pretty valid concerns, but to be fair you can make a valid complaint about any of the deck archtypes as well.

Reno anything (the mage/priest/lock variants): Completely crap on the value game due to Kazakus, and to a lesser extent Drakonoid OP. This is compounded by Brann & other recycling cards used on Kazakus. Other control decks stand very little chance in the long haul, thus discouraging other control archtypes.

Anyfin Pally, Chansey Priest, etc: While rare and fairly weak compared to meta decks these combo decks provide very little interaction in games and pull wins from empty boards when executed correctly.

Miracle Rogue: Similar to the combo decks, but also can imitate aggro early game openers, destructive on two fronts.

Jade Shaman: They can very flexibly, too flexible for some players views, adapt between aggro & midrange playstyles depending on the matchup & mulligan. A HS equivalent of a hybrid class that doesn't really suffer too great of a disadvantage from specializing fairly well at two different types of playstyles.

I'm not meaning to argue or discredit your two points, I agree with them pretty much. Just pointing out that when you took a close look at most decks it becomes easy to find reasons, legitimate or not, of why the game might be being hurt due to how any archtype changes up the way the game is played.