Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is there even a point in doing PvP petbattls with my selection of pets?

So, been at it for some time now and cannot seem to win anything, tried different combinations, but it feels like people with their rare and expensive pets are just demolishing me without the chance to counter.
    My level 25s are here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s=is-collected

I lack the funds to buy some from the AH sadly or cannot tackle some of the best rewarding pet battle WQ. J

ust want the upgrade stone for the pets what get you the mount(s).

Or with what I have available should I just stick to leveling my hatchlings up via the normal battles and not waste my time in PvP at all?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your collection of blue pets seems fine, just try to level more pets, and try the pvp thing a bit later in the week maybe.

Darkmoon zeppelin gets decoy at 20 which makes it very easy to swap a low pet in some pve (or easy trainer/worldquest) battles.

I'd definately try to get at least like 3 of each type to 25, so you can stack teams in pve battles.

Once I got a big selection leveled up, it made world quests much easier.

I still have dozens of low level blues to get to max level as well.

For the hatchlings I used the instant level to 25 stone on like 3 of them out of convenience, I did not play WoD garrisons though so I got a stone on each alt still. (4 used so far)

Also Prioritize the sharptalon and snowfeather hatchlings, as they can be completed without nighthold.

On my armory my regular level 25 pets start at like page 13, I favorited pretty much all blues under that level to keep them seperated.

Also whenever i did get a blue upgrade stone from a WQ or battle I priortize pets that don't normally appear as blue, like events/quests/achievements.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s=is-collected
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-22 at 12:32 AM.

try to do the WQ with charm rewards, you can use these to buy bags of random leveling stones. Boost your level 1 pets to 13-14 in a couple of battles then boost them with the stones, you'll end up with a huge roster in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really consider that you can buy the leveling stones with a bag from a vendor. I have some of those charms banked luckily.

I am saving my blue quality upgrade stones for the moments when there is actually a need to get a gray or whatnot quality to blue to counter certain WQ. I completely skipped Garrison and Panda pet things, so playing catch up is bit tough if you you don't dedicate much time into it.

What is usually a good time to do PvP battles for the event? Cause in EU when I usually do those during the evening before weekend or during weekends I tend to be placed up against very tough opponents. Just gets frustrating really fast . challenge is fun, but some teams...
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-12-22 at 07:48 PM.

Honestly, the pet battle event is a waste of time unless you're really into pet battle pvp.

With a decent roster of pets, you can level a pet to 25 with biscuits in 1-2 tamer battles (Both the warlords and pandaria tamers give LOADS of experience, as does the squirt garrison battle).

There's a few places to get strats or ideas depending on how you want to go-

pvppetbattles has videos and walkthroughs of a serious pet battler trying various teams with mixed success, including guides on the basics of team building, countering the meta, etc.

WoW Pet Guide has detailed, step-by-step instructions for how to beat all the world trainers, earn the more difficult pet achievements and beating the celestial tournament without rare or tcg pets. It also includes rematch (if you don't have this addon, get it) strings for all their saved strats so you can import them easily.

Warcraft Pets is Quintessence's site for collecting, expanding and leveling your pet collection as well as a collection ranking system. Usually a more reliable source of information for pet stuff than wowhead.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the pvp quest is a bit of waste of time for pure leveling, as you can level a pet easily with the base 300% xp bonus. (moreso with safari hat and consumables).

Right now on EU there's still that Beast of Burden quest in stormheim, you can get like 5000+ xp per fight if you just beat up the guy with the yak using mechs, and its repeatable, without the event that'd be only like 1500 at most. If it was a bug, it'd be fixed by now after 3 months.

Even wild pet battles at 25 give like 2800 with just the event buff and a safari hat and a pet snack, compared to maybe 650 without anything on a normal week. Of course pet xp is on a curve, the highest xp is given to a pet between about level 10 and 20.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-22 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have the safari hat. Didn't actually consider to use the lower level p0ets as just side dishes for the pet battle WQs. Sounds like a nice way. But I will look inyo reading some of the guides about pet battle tamer battles.
    The PvP WQ idd beginning to feel like a complete waste.

You could have stopped at "is there even a point in doing pvp pet battles"

The answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Just want the upgrade stone for the pets what get you the mount(s).

Or with what I have available should I just stick to leveling my hatchlings up via the normal battles and not waste my time in PvP at all?
    PvP pet battles are supposed to be the "fun endgame" in this regard. They're horribly inefficient if you only want that lvl25 battle stone.

Regarding your world quest capabilities, you have quite a few pets that deserve to be leveled:

Teroclaw Hatchling
    Ikky
    Iron Starlette
    Darkmoon Tonk
    Clockwork Gnome

Those appear rather often in guides. You lack dragonkin pets (get an Emerald Proto Whelp and a Nexus Whelpling) to destroy flyers. If you can somehow afford it, get an Anubisath Idol from the AH, it's the most useful pets for cheesing tamer battles, which are the most efficient way to level pets. Best example is Courageous Yon which can be solo'd by the Idol while having two level 1 pets as leechers. Other battles may require your leech to be higher level due to some unavoidable damage.

If it hasn't been linked yet, google for the Xu Fu site. That has multiple strategies for every tamer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the suggestions. In new year when I have more time (damn holidays and real pets :P) have rather limited time to deal with research.

Regarding of Emerald Proto Whelp and a Nexus Whelpling - won't magic type pets also work against flyers? I do lack pets against magic and dragonkin for that matter. But I guess with more effort placed into going through my collected pets I can dig out something. For now the few you listed above Sol77 will remain for next bonus event to be leveled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. In new year when I have more time (damn holidays and real pets :P) have rather limited time to deal with research.

Regarding of Emerald Proto Whelp and a Nexus Whelpling - won't magic type pets also work against flyers? I do lack pets against magic and dragonkin for that matter. But I guess with more effort placed into going through my collected pets I can dig out something. For now the few you listed above Sol77 will remain for next bonus event to be leveled up.
    Work? Sure. But nothing destroys flyers like a Nexus Whelpling, I'm sure you'll love it. The Proto Whelp on the other hand is more of a generic purpose pet due to its armor and healing moves.
    Also, if you do work down that list, don't level all the mechs at once, they have a similar purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Honestly, the pet battle event is a waste of time unless you're really into pet battle pvp.
    Wrong! as you can do it on every 100+ toon you can farm some good number of instant level 25 stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    You could have stopped at "is there even a point in doing pvp pet battles"
    The answer for me is no.
    fixed you personal bias.

Sonnillon mmoc is VERY hostile when it comes to pet battle -> best infos you get at warcraftpets.com where everyone loves pets and battles
    And get an Anubisath Idol its a VERY handy pet.

PS: pet battles are not won by pets but by players knowing what pets can do.

You can do the WQ on each 110 character. Even if you don't play that character much you can use the order hall auto complete to get quick pet charms if you don't see anything else you like that day.

To PvP you absolutely need to use rare level 25s to compete. There is no point in taking green or lower quality as they will hit softer and have less health/ speed than anything else you'll encounter. PvP is also dominated by pet synergy. Like having one pet change the weather that is helpful for all the other pets you are using. Without that synergy you are not going to have a good time.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s=is-collected
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2016-12-27 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Wrong! as you can do it on every 100+ toon you can farm some good number of instant level 25 stones.
    fixed you personal bias.

Sonnillon mmoc is VERY hostile when it comes to pet battle -> best infos you get at warcraftpets.com where everyone loves pets and battles
    And get an Anubisath Idol its a VERY handy pet.

PS: pet battles are not won by pets but by players knowing what pets can do.
    Yeah its almost like forums are a place to express personal opinions or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the Idol last night from my first visit in a long while to AQ40, now I just have to level it.

The Dragon pets seem to be good. For BF a level 23 Emeral Whelp won a WQ pet battle with ease so I guess that shows what a good team can do.

I did glimpse at the Xu Fu site which seemed very well put together and even for a complete noob like me offers some choice to defeating some of the world tamers and WQ which I cannot so far.

Synergy is important idd. W/o guide telling me word by word what to do I am not that intelligent or intuitive to figure it out on my own which will pose a challenge when I don't have exact pets at hand what are recommended.

Hostile or not, the ideas or snippets of ideas to combine use and look at are still decent and thanks for that. Maybe even I can beat the goblin tamer in Southern Barrens with proper level pets finally

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the link @cetraben. Though by running my char through the pet checker I really want to cry http://i.imgur.com/mdiaBuA.png

Well, suppose you're on your way now. One last bit of information before you realize you should have known this before: Learn about breeds. Pets come in different breeds and you might be annoyed to find out that you've leveled a bad/inferior version of a certain pet.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is there even a point in doing pvp pet battles, period?

I just helped my brother go through the process of getting all the pets for celestial tournament. The squirt trainer in garrison is by far the best way to level the pets, but only happens every 15 days and you need a garrison(with the triple exp event and a safari hat it only takes 2 battles). When you're just starting out you can use the tamer dailys to level as well, there are a lot of strats to two pet tamer dailys to level other pets, akki for instance uses anubisath and a raven or crow. For the pvp quest I just used triple anubisath idols with crush, sandstorm, and rupture.

There are a number of really good pets that drop out of the retro raids that have some unique ability sets. The extras you get can be sold for a bunch of gold as well. Was lucky enough to get two drudge ghouls when they were selling for 200k on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Is there even a point in doing pvp pet battles, period?
    Yes. Like with every other game that has ever existed, if a person finds it entertaining, that's the point.