Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Boeing CEO says he'll build Air Force Ones for less than $4 billion after Trump meeti

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2610187

Boeing will build the new Air Force One for less than $4 billion, the CEO told reporters Wednesday after meeting with President-elect Trump.

Dennis Muilenburg, the Boeing CEO, praised Trump for his "business head" and said the two had a very productive meeting where they discussed how the country could build two new Air Force One planes for less than the $4 billion, which Trump criticized on Twitter this month.

"We're going to get it done for less than that," Muilenburg said. "I was able to give the president-elect my personal commitment on behalf of the Boeing Company. This is a business that's important to us. We work on Air Force One because it's important to our country and we're going to make sure that he gets the best capability and that it's done affordably."

Interesting seeing Trump already saving the government money before he even starts his term. Will he get praise or jeers for this? I guess time will tell..... very fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we need new AFO?

Trump wins again!

Not even President yet and he is racking up the score.

Trump saving tax payers money and keeping jobs in the USA, while Obama is playing golf and releasing criminals.

So glad to be done with the Obamas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, what did Trump give him in return? That's oddly left out of the article.

It was never going to cost $4B to build to begin with, so ok?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post

Boeing will build the new Air Force One for less than $4 billion, the CEO told reporters Wednesday after meeting with President-elect Trump.

Dennis Muilenburg, the Boeing CEO, praised Trump for his "business head" and said the two had a very productive meeting where they discussed how the country could build two new Air Force One planes for less than the $4 billion, which Trump criticized on Twitter this month.

"We're going to get it done for less than that," Muilenburg said. "I was able to give the president-elect my personal commitment on behalf of the Boeing Company. This is a business that's important to us. We work on Air Force One because it's important to our country and we're going to make sure that he gets the best capability and that it's done affordably."

Interesting seeing Trump already saving the government money before he even starts his term. Will he get praise or jeers for this? I guess time will tell..... very fast.
    He hasn't saved or accomplished anything, there is no contract even awarded to save the money on yet. He's paying lip service, that's why he is CEO. Trump most likely wont be president when real costs start to occur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Trump saving tax payers money and keep jobs in the USA
    These are mutually exclusive goals.

Deleted
    are they perchance making it for the $$ amount in the original contract they signed, instead of the number trump made up?

The original contract was not for 4 billion dollars unless Trump got them to go under the original agreed amount I don't see how anyone can say Trump did anything. Also please keep in mind the following

- Trump has no power to negotiate with Boeing (only congress can approve and dissolve the contract).

- Trump made up numbers when it came to cost from 4 billion dollars for 2 planes, to 4 billion dollars per plane to 4.25 billion dollars per plane. He was pulling numbers out of his ass nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was never going to cost $4B to build to begin with, so ok?
    Yeah..... because Trump said he wasn't going to pay $4 billion lol.

Because the contract was never for 4 billion dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, we don't have numbers either!

It's going to cost 3.99999~repeating billion instead of 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Why do we need new AFO?
    The current AFO planes are close to their 30 year life-span.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...orce-ones.html

Government contracts will end up costing the same or less than estimated when cows fly over the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Because the contract was never for 4 billion dollars.
    NBC Nightly NewsVerified account
    ‏@NBCNightlyNews

US Air Force official: Price of new Air Force One project expected to be more than $4B by time aircraft delivered - @ckubeNBC

9:01 AM - 6 Dec 2016

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/s...81893884493824

Until the government removes itself from the process and freezes requirements at the beginning of a program, costs will never be less.

No, because there was no contract signed.

Because the expected deal was around $3.7B anyways.

Because said expected deal also included 12 years+ of maintenance and repair costs, not just costs for the two Air Force One jets.

Trump lied about the $4B, plain and simple, so today's "news" is not news at all. It's literally nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So before all the Trump supporters start wanking each other, can we get an article that isn't so light on facts and actual numbers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Trump lied about the $4B, plain and simple, so today's "news" is not news at all. It's literally nothing.
    The Trump does not lie.

Reality changes to fit whatever Trump has said most recently.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    NBC Nightly NewsVerified account
    ‏@NBCNightlyNews

US Air Force official: Price of new Air Force One project expected to be more than $4B by time aircraft delivered - @ckubeNBC

9:01 AM - 6 Dec 2016

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/s...81893884493824

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fact-checking-trumps-4b-boeing-tweet-number-contract/story?id=44033643

That said if Trump can actually get results on something like the F-35 program I will change my tune but so far all his "deals" have been smoke and mirrors.