Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    No, but it's the same logic. It's *EXACTLY* the same thing.

You are arguing that artifact skins in this game that takes a lot of effort but may not necessarily be difficult (by your own subjective metric no less) - that someone who puts in that effort isn't earning it. You said this in response to a discussion about whether difficult artifact chains should even exist.
    No, I'm not arguing they take a lot of effort.
    it's literally all rng, every last part of it. When one ret paladin can get their skin in 30 minutes and others are sitting there for days on end which has nothing to do with skill, there's something wrong there.

There's no bosses to kill that take work, there's no test of skill, there's nothing. Aside from maybe the arms one for warriors.

That logic isn't even applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or is a Ret paladin and values their sanity.

I'd imagine you won't keep the skin going forward though if you're just accessing it through a glitch/bug.
    i'm hoping that at some point they decide its been long enough and up the fishing chance... part is Fing stupid.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

No, I'm not arguing they take a lot of effort.
    it's literally all rng, every last part of it. When one ret paladin can get their skin in 30 minutes and others are sitting there for days on end which has nothing to do with skill, there's something wrong there.

There's no bosses to kill that take work, there's no test of skill, there's nothing. Aside from maybe the arms one for warriors.

That logic isn't even applicable.
    Going to karazhan 70 takes work, skill, etc.? TK? ICC? You practically oneshot the bosses in these places now. There is no skill, there's far less effort than nearly any artifact hidden, and yet they have vanity rewards.

So same logic - let's just mail all of this to our character since its a shitty RNG system (and not totally what mmo's are generally built upon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Going to karazhan 70 takes work, skill, etc.? TK? ICC? You practically oneshot the bosses in these places now. There is no skill, there's far less effort than nearly any artifact hidden, and yet they have vanity rewards.

So same logic - let's just mail all of this to our character since its a shitty RNG system (and not totally what mmo's are generally built upon)
    Yet again, no where did I say to just give the items away. You're injecting that to try to argue a point that doesn't exist.

Yet again, no where did I say to just give the items away. You're injecting that to try to argue a point that doesn't exist.
    My bad, I didn't realize we live in a world where you can use a point for an argument without following it through. My bad.

You keep trying to act like I'm SAYING you said different things. No, I'm just following your point into any actual tangible example. If you didn't mean it, maybe you should've phrased differently or better yet not point at RNG systems in an MMO as if they're some bane to humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

My bad, I didn't realize we live in a world where you can use a point for an argument without following it through. My bad.

You keep trying to act like I'm SAYING you said different things. No, I'm just following your point into any actual tangible example. If you didn't mean it, maybe you should've phrased differently or better yet not point at RNG systems in an MMO as if they're some bane to humanity.
    Or...maybe you should have read the original post and tried to debate that instead.

Only reason I have an issue with this bug. If you don't go through the process, you don't deserve the skin. There's absolutely nothing "insane" about getting it, it's called earning it, something that the community has forgotten over the last few years when slowly everything started being given out on a silver platter for no effort.
    There is no "earning" it when people can take anywhere from 30 minutes to get it to 7 weeks.

That is not "earning" the skin. Earning the skin would be like doing something actually challenging for it, rather than sitting there staring and hoping.
    Nowhere did I say that it should be mailed you to you for free, or that RNG was horrible.

I was saying that there's no challenge, there is no "earning". There's only luck.

Clearing Ursoc on 4 difficulties each week and harvesting my flowers every time they're up.

Got the moonkin/feral skins at least /wrists
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Woo! There was no way I was doing hundreds of dungeons for the thunderfury skin, so I was more than happy to discover that I could have the skin (and the colour I wanted as it turned out) by doing 200 WQs with the assissination hidden skin that was significantly easier to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, if it's a bug that won't be fixed and won't be taken action against, how do I use it?

I have a default Prot hidden appearance without the subcolors, and I want to use the Corrupted Ashbringer.

How do I do it?

I don't really want to hurt my sanity by camping the slime and then fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    Okay, if it's a bug that won't be fixed and won't be taken action against, how do I use it?

I have a default Prot hidden appearance without the subcolors, and I want to use the Corrupted Ashbringer.

How do I do it?

I don't really want to hurt my sanity by camping the slime and then fishing.
    You have to do the 100 dungeons/200 world quests/1000 HKs wearing your Prot appearance and you will unlock the corresponding Ret appearances. You won't get the base skin though, as you will only get that if you do the Corrupted Ashbringer hidden thingo and loot the item.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Only reason I have an issue with this bug. If you don't go through the process, you don't deserve the skin. There's absolutely nothing "insane" about getting it, it's called earning it, something that the community has forgotten over the last few years when slowly everything started being given out on a silver platter for no effort.
    Go through the process of getting the ret pally skin, and get back to us about the insanity part, bonus insanity if you have to do it on a PvP server.... fishing like it's a full time job for a week, possibly weeks on end waiting for a rare spawn stupid slime that may not spawn while you are awake, let alone logged into the game or simply present, because if you aren't there the second it appears you're fucked...also pretty sure it can't be cross faction tagged, so if you happen to actually be present for it's spawn, you're double fucked if the other faction tags it first... If you're on a PvP server where your faction is outnumbered, prepare to be camped for eternity, and killed before you can kill the slime in the off chance you happen to tag it first.

Totally not insane, yup.

I don't use the corrupted remembrance skin, nor did I farm for it, because I think it looks like shit (it's an atrocious mockery of the original Corrupted Ashbringer, which looks amazing, I will never understand how they fucked that up), but I understand why people want to skip the process... It is absolutely fucking absurd.

If it took any skill to get, I might agree with you... I however, will absolutely not agree when it's just a RNG grindfest that requires about as much skill as the average two year old could muster to acquire.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-01-05 at 08:10 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Find me any holy priest who doesn't have a burning hatred for Hyrja and the Halls of Valor for her low, low drop rate, and you will also have found the last holy priest who didn't start dropping on the dungeon group after Hyrja overcoming the nagging voice inside that says that dropping the dungeon because you didn't get your drop is a seriously not nice thing to do.

It is simply because of how the unlock criteria is tracked.
    Number of PvP kills etc are only tracked via a single hidden achievement, regardless of the number of artifacts you have.
    There is no way to "hotfix" that when you can't possibly track which artifact any part of the progress came from.
    If you split it between all of them then you penalise a player who has put in the effort into one.
    If you award that progress to all, then you penalise new players starting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.