Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Living in Indiana in a 2-bedroom 900 sq.ft. apartment. Spending on everything (and I mean everything) around $1k a month. Pretty happy with my life.

People pushing for something like to exaggerate the problem to make their agenda look more relevant. Bernie fights for a good cause a poor way. The populism... populism never changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Living in Indiana
    You poor soul.

I still don't understand how the argument keeps being made that low wage jobs are for teenagers and students. For those who aren't supporting a family.

There aren't enough working people in those groups to fill all low wage jobs. That's why millions of working adults who help support a family are currently working low wage jobs.

They can't all move up to a better job. It is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because it's essentially the same equivalent just bigger numbers. both of them are still poor as shit and both are getting paid shit wages compared to what they need wage wise in that country to survive and live. go ahead just try and live off of 20k in an area like los angeles or new york or san fran. even in more rural or less dense areas 20k is still poverty level.
    exept its not - the prices for many good are global - car bought in us costs more or less same price as car bought in ukraine , same with phones clothes and milion other things - same with prices of materials etc . and they still manage somehow - people in west have been simply spoiled and cant even relaise on how much better their live standard is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I still don't understand how the argument keeps being made that low wage jobs are for teenagers and students. For those who aren't supporting a family.

There aren't enough working people in those groups to fill all low wage jobs. That's why millions of working adults who help support a family are currently working low wage jobs.

This. Everyone assumes that it's easy to just go out and get an education, and start getting 6 figures. It's not. When you're barely making enough to cover bills and food, especially with a family, schooling is completely out of the question. And since there are so many people in need of jobs right now, getting a job purely on experience isn't going to cut it anymore. When employers can pick and choose at their leisure who they hire, and those meager few jobs being filled easily, that leaves a large force of people who need to make a living but can't move up because of their situation. Not to mention, there are only so many job slots. Too many people, not enough jobs, people will inevitably end up flipping burgers.

I get so tired of people who spout that bullshit. "Want more money? Go to college." Right. Either I have to somehow come up with the thousands of dollars to cover it myself, because my credit is already shot, which in itself is a product of not being able to make enough to get schooling, OR I end up in debt for the rest of my life because of student loans? Wow, what lovely choices.

Here in 'murica, it takes money to make money, period. If you are struggling to keep your head above water, there's a damned good chance you'll live like that forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

thats not true - a lot of those adoults just settles for less - i can understand it - they have easy jobs where they dont have to think and just wait for time to go home while not giving to many f... about the quality of their job - but when they do so they shouldnt expect to make more then minimum $ to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    This. Everyone assumes that it's easy to just go out and get an education, and start getting 6 figures. It's not. When you're barely making enough to cover bills and food, especially with a family, schooling is completely out of the question.
    thenwhat the f... they were doin for first 20-30 years of their life ? f...ing up their own life while partying , drinking and having fun while those who got somewhere in life were constntly learning ? where the f.... where parents to teach those children how life really is comapred to stupid tv soap operas and series ?

for those who f... up their lives themselves i dont feel sorry at all. its their own fault now they can suffer how much they like.

why the f.... people who spend 1000 hours partying and drinking during college should make better then those who put those 1000 hours into learning ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Average rent in San Fran is over 3500... For a 1 bedroom. 1600 isn't even in the ballpark.
    http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...al-6690357.php

Not that it has any bearing on the discussion, but I wanted to throw that out there.
    and do you know what do people all around the globe who are poor ? they gather in 3-4 and rent apartment together - this way the partment suddenly instead 3500 costs them less then 900 $ per person . if people are poor they need to stop pretending they deserve same shit are those with money . if you make minimum wage you do not deserve nice cosy house or big apartment simpel as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pretty sure that it was referenced by how the min wage originated in the US.

No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country.

President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 1933

That's how is should have always been.
    which is veyr true and exackly what has place now - expet they are making more then living wage - what they want is wage which will give them cosy nice life - that not minimum wage though.

living wage means roof over your head , cheapest clothes , cheapest food - not fancy house with garden , designers clother and gourmet food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thenwhat the f... they were doin for first 20-30 years of their life ? f...ing up their own life while partying , drinking and having fun while those who got somewhere in life were constntly learning ? where the f.... where parents to teach those children how life really is comapred to stupid tv soap operas and series ?
    I just absolutely love that this is your go-to response. I don't even know how to put words into a response for this, you have just gone full fucking retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

thats not true - a lot of those adoults just settles for less - i can understand it - they have easy jobs where they dont have to think and just wait for time to go home while not giving to many f... about the quality of their job - but when they do so they shouldnt expect to make more then minimum $ to survive.
    It is impossible for most adults to get a better job. It doesn't matter if they settle or not. It can't be done.

It is impossible for most adults to get a better job. It doesn't matter if they settle or not. It can't be done.
    lol hillarius - "its impossible" - there are milion evening courses which teach you shit , there are milions of internet guide , books which you can read through acrobat reader , milions of opurtunities and yet you claim its impossible ?

thats atittude of person who already given up and believes that its some kind of consiparcy out there that stops him from doin stuff - thruth is there is none - my father finished masters degree at age of 46 my mother finished her masters degree just before retiring from work just because she wanted to prove that she can still do something with her life regardless of age - there are milions of people 40 + studying all over the world to get their lives better - at post grad studies im making atm half of group is people after 40 with kids families etc etc yet you are telling me its impossible - for me such claims are hillarius because it direckly contradicts what i see in my everydays life. (hell there are thousand of oportunities even for retired people to still learn in uni because most good univeristies open up so called "silver age" courses for seniors. )

lazy people will be lazy regardless whther they were 15 and didnt want to learn or whther they are 50 and still are to lazy to learn,
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-01-01 at 12:44 PM.

lol hillarius - "its impossible" - there are milion evening courses which teach you shit , there are milions of internet guide , books which you can read through acrobat reader , milions of opurtunities and yet you claim its impossible ?
    Are you that stupid? Rhetorical question...of course you are.
    How does a single person get any education, education that will put a person in debt forever, when a person already needs two jobs just to make ends meet?
    And then you have the simple-minded gall to believe that such a person that works a couple of jobs is lazy?

I know plenty of people with children working 12-15 hour days just to get by. They all know if they stop to get that education then they all sink, because zero income means they lose everything.

The dumbfuck elitists need to gtfo and stfu.

Are you that stupid? Rhetorical question...of course you are.
    How does a single person get any education, education that will put a person in debt forever, when a person already needs two jobs just to make ends meet?
    And then you have the simple-minded gall to believe that such a person that works a couple of jobs is lazy?

I know plenty of people with children working 12-15 hour days just to get by. They all know if they stop to get that education then they all sink, because zero income means they lose everything.

The dumbfuck elitists need to gtfo and stfu.
    i woulnt know - because i "worked" hard as fuck from age of 7 till age of 25 and my "work" was learning - when those people who complain about minimum wage were partying in high school i was learning , when they were partying hard during college i was learning and working part time , when they were going to clubbing after finishing any education they recived and after their first work i was learning further to get further - thats why now i wouldnt know because i can support myself easily from 1 x 8 hours/day 8-16 job with all weekends free. so no i dont feel sorry for them at all - if this makes me elitest snob so be it.

i woulnt know - because i "worked" hard as fuck from age of 7 till age of 25 and my "work" was learning...
    You weren't earning a wage after high school, that means you had support, support that you refuse to give any fucking credit. You imagine in some world that you did it all by yourself...sorry but you didn't.
    You're even more stupid when you think that being born in poverty equates to partying, when in reality people are simply trying to survive. And then your struggle in your inadequate intellect concludes that people working multiple jobs and shifts are somehow lazy...the words fail me...

lol hillarius - "its impossible" - there are milion evening courses which teach you shit , there are milions of internet guide , books which you can read through acrobat reader , milions of opurtunities and yet you claim its impossible
    It doesn't matter how many courses there are. An individual can get a better job. Everyone can't. Someone has to work low wage jobs. There aren't near enough teenagers and students to fill them. They must be worked by adults supporting families.

It doesn't matter if 100% of the country works hard and studies. Most of them cannot get a high paying job. It can't be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter if 100% of the country works hard and studies. Most of them cannot get a high paying job. It can't be done.
    His logic also doesn't account for over saturation or the removal of jobs due to outsourcing, plant closures, or economic crisis. To be fair most of his lot don't even know what "High Paying Jobs" are since they went to school, worked hard, and are now making $16-$18/hour and think they're independently wealthy.

People need to be able to maintain a basic lifestyle in the event disaster strikes. Whether it be an injury that prevents an electrician with 25 years of experience from being able to do field work, or a company that automates its workforce and/or moves overseas. These folks don't need to be worrying about how to pay the bills due to forces outside their control. Going back to school and learning a whole new skill set for these individuals is hands down asking them to go into debt for a chance to compete with people much younger than they are for an entry level position making far far less than they were previously.

On a different note many of the people who bang on and on about how the working poor should just move and get new jobs are people mentioned previously in the $16-$18 bracket who have yet to make any motions at all to take the jobs posted on these very forums that would make them better off financially. Guess it's just easier to harp at people they find less deserving than to actually do any of the things they demand other people do.

I don't know what you're trying to prove here? Your quoted statement is false, that is all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I stand corrected.

Imagine that, having three fucking kids creates a problem with making money.
    bump. Thank you. Minimum wage, again, is meant to support one (1) individual person. If you fuck up in high school and now you're a family of 3, or god help you, more, then yeah, you're boned man. That isn't the government's fault. The government didn't impregnate your baby mama!