Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    The new team they got on deck now didn't learn shit after the plummeted subs of WoD.

As for Celestalon, I'm not too fond of placing trust in a dude who spends most of his time playing WoW on a tablet. Hell I think GC admitted that most of the devs play Mage, no surprise they barely understand anything outside of them regarding other classes. They seriously need to hire some folks who are passionate about the class designs and understands them. Blizz will also have a hard time bringing participation back up because it is at the lowest it's ever been before in the history of WoW thanks to the way they handled classes this time.

The revamp of Demo was unnecessary, I'd be pissed if I was maining one considering some of their abilities went to the DH(Metamorphosis) thanks to Class Fantasy. They need to get drop the "Don't knock it 'til you try it" and pick up the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mindset. The devs keep going 2 steps forward and 5 steps backwards.

Didn't Celestalon also try to argue that nothing was wrong with BM Monks and had to buff them consistently?
    I'm more for a position in-between, where they are willing to try new things but at the same time they build on what's tested and works well; this is how they designed things from vanilla through to MoP and I truly felt that classes trended in a good direction for that time with some exceptions. Since 5.0 however they are throwing out tried and tested mechanics in favour of newer, worse ideas.

And you can write books on Celestalon's fuckery. He nerfed Elemental shamans back on the WoD beta when they were already underpowered. When asked about it on the official forums, he basically said "you guys were overpowered and you didn't even know it". His posts are here. Seriously, read through them and get a load of the stunning level of patronising arrogance.

The result of that nonsense: Elemental released in a truly broken state. People use that word a lot but I mean BROKEN. They were just about rock bottom on the sims, and they had trouble soloing more than one quest mob at a time. They had to buff Lava Burst by +35% in a hotfix, followed by another hotfix of +15%, before it did an acceptable level of damage. That's not counting the +33% PvP damage they had to apply to it either.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...es-february-17

Ctrl+f "Elemental" and just get a load of how "overpowered and didn't know it" the shamans were.

Of course, he never acknowledged this again, let alone apologised.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    I'm more for a position in-between, where they are willing to try new things but at the same time they build on what's tested and works well; this is how they designed things from vanilla through to MoP and I truly felt that classes trended in a good direction for that time with some exceptions. Since 5.0 however they are throwing out tried and tested mechanics in favour of newer, worse ideas.

And you can write books on Celestalon's fuckery. He nerfed Elemental shamans back on the WoD beta when they were already underpowered. When asked about it on the official forums, he basically said "you guys were overpowered and you didn't even know it". His posts are here. Seriously, read through them and get a load of the stunning level of patronising arrogance.

The result of that nonsense: Elemental released in a truly broken state. People use that word a lot but I mean BROKEN. They were just about rock bottom on the sims, and they had trouble soloing more than one quest mob at a time. They had to buff Lava Burst by +35% in a hotfix, followed by another hotfix of +15%, before it did an acceptable level of damage. That's not counting the +33% PvP damage they had to apply to it either.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...es-february-17

Ctrl+f "Elemental" and just get a load of how "overpowered and didn't know it" the shamans were.

Of course, he never acknowledged this again, let alone apologised.
    With the way Blizzard handles things now trusting them to try something new and be a success is a hard thing to do. Now if this was around BC or Wrath era sure because the old dev team knew what they were doing. The new team displays nothing but arrogance and it doesn't look like they're going to change anytime soon.

As for Celestalon, after watching those links it just makes me wonder what the future has in store for WoW because Legion is gonna one hell of a wild ride with him and his team at helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    Let's be honest. They should have completely revamped not only MM, but all hunter specs.
    This is like wrapping bandaids around a piece of crap until it is just a white ball of cloth.
    It may look all nice and white but in its core it is still the same stinking turd it has always been.
    Spec revamps are for expac patches* They did "Revamp" SV into the shit it was at Legion launch lol. Bandaids are all they will do until next expac :/
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.