Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bullshitstorm (The Jimquisition)

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    okay what do you want us to discuss?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    okay what do you want us to discuss?
    The video and the content of said video.....

Its like reading and talking about what you read, but in this case you watch and talk about what you watched.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

If you can't be arsed to write a couple of short sentences summing up the topic of the video, then I can't be arsed to sit and watch something for 13 minutes to find out what you wanted to talk about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So... TL;DW?

Not about to watch some long-ass video.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    If you can't be arsed to write a couple of short sentences summing up the topic of the video, then I can't be arsed to sit and watch something for 13 minutes to find out what you wanted to talk about.
    Word

MMO Champions is basically Yahoo! news nowadays.
    Except the posters don't get paid to post it

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I have heard youtubers talk about the reason that they mostly make short videos is because people have short attention spans and I didn't really understand until the day I saw someone call a 13min. video a "long-ass" video. Wow.

About the video though, there really isn't much to talk about other than I don't know how Gearbox didn't see that something like this would happen. G2A has a terrible rep and everyone even slightly involved in the gaming industry should know about them already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    You know, I have heard youtubers talk about the reason that they mostly make short videos is because people have short attention spans and I didn't really understand until the day I saw someone call a 13min. video a "long-ass" video. Wow.

About the video though, there really isn't much to talk about other than I don't know how Gearbox didn't see that something like this would happen. G2A has a terrible rep and everyone even slightly involved in the gaming industry should know about them already.
    i personally dislike short videos (videos shorter than 7 mins) i prefer to watch long videos about a topic.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Why do people keep linking this dumbass's videos? I'm not going to click it to give the guy any money, particularly since you didn't even bother adding anything to discuss about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Its like reading and talking about what you read, but in this case you watch and talk about what you watched.
    then why not write that in the op?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Why do people keep linking this dumbass's videos? I'm not going to click it to give the guy any money, particularly since you didn't even bother adding anything to discuss about it.
    i'm curious what makes him a dumbass in your view?

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    If it makes you feel better he's not at all ad funded. Any ads on his videos are the result of copyright claims, and the money is going to the company making the claim. There shouldn't be any ad.

I actually found TotalBiscuit's own video on the subject far more informative.
    For those who aren't watching the video, Gearbox partnered with G2A to publish the Bulletstorm Remaster.
    A lot of people are not fond of G2A due to their shady practices, among them directly profiting from fraud done using their site.
    In particular TotalBiscuit announced he would boycott Gearbox games. Gearbox actually responded and asked for evidence of G2A being shady, which TotalBiscuit was happy to provide. With TB's help, Gearbox put together an ultimatum to G2A, which went into specifics, but essentially came down to "Sort yourself out or the deal is off."
    G2A have been silent and the partnership has indeed ended. G2A has sent the clear message that it is unwilling to change its practices, and will remain a grey market for game keys.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    G2A has sent the clear message that it is unwilling to change its practices, and will remain a grey market for game keys.
    And yet we don't see much shit thrown the way of streamers who use G2A to sponsor said stream.

I'll likely watch this later, but I do agree with others that it would help to stir conversation if you added your own thoughts/opinions on whatever the video happens to be discussing vs. creating a thread and simply posting a video in it; the latter makes you look like nothing more than a shill or fanboy of said video creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    And yet we don't see much shit thrown the way of streamers who use G2A to sponsor said stream.
    Actually they do get shit thrown their way.

Multiple streamers have gotten out of their contracts with G2A after being informed about them. Guys like Cohhcarnage and Spamfish for example.

People like Towelliee and Sacriel just like to turn a blind eye because it's giving them money.

At this point, with all we know anyone still supporting G2A or taking sponsors from them is no better then G2A themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    then why not write that in the op?
    Didn't think I needed to hold peoples hand and show them how a thread works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Actually they do get shit thrown their way.

Multiple streamers have gotten out of their contracts with G2A after being informed about them. Guys like Cohhcarnage and Spamfish for example.

People like Towelliee and Sacriel just like to turn a blind eye because it's giving them money.

At this point, with all we know anyone still supporting G2A or taking sponsors from them is no better then G2A themselves.
    Rarely do I agree with you but ya this is 100%.

I refuse to watch any streamers/youtubers who support G2A.

Had a streamer while back I stopped watching when he openly admitted he supported G2A and tried to argue with me about it. Saying its ok its the ebay of key selling and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

The OP gave no information and the title of the video didn't draw my attention. I'll gladly watch longer videos, but first I have to know what said video is about and whether it's interesting or not. No information was given in either regard, so I didn't watch it.

Anyway it's just another G2A thread, so meh.

No, but it's pretty nice for those of us who may want to engage in the discussion but can't watch/listen to a video. You know, at least a bit of a conversation starter beyond, "Here's a video with no context. GO!"

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Rarely do I agree with you but ya this is 100%.

I refuse to watch any streamers/youtubers who support G2A.

Had a streamer while back I stopped watching when he openly admitted he supported G2A and tried to argue with me about it. Saying its ok its the ebay of key selling and shit.
    whole point of a thread is start a discussion. we don't know what you want us to discuss if you don't provide some context.
    what do you want us to discuss?
    gearbox?
    g2a?
    the gearbox/g2a partnership?
    selling keys on third party websites?
    the bulletstorm remaster?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only used G2A once. They had this sweet deal on some random steam keys. Like five to ten bucks. I purchased the keys and all the games were horrible. They were like interactive HTML web pages with music in the back ground . . . .. Never been back.

But how do they steal keys? Do they sell generators?
    Last edited by Beazy; 2017-04-10 at 09:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Ok, I noticed he's fat. Is he doing anything about it?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side