10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] The Last Guardian

I honestly have no idea if theres a thread out there in the tall grass, so here we go.

http://kotaku.com/the-last-guardian-is-back-1711551266
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...-playstation-4 < Some screenshots if they work for you.

The Last Guardian is still alive, and it’s coming out on the PS4 in 2016. The practically mythical game was shown off today during Sony’s E3 press conference. It’s a damn miracle.

The Last Guardian, as you may already know, has had a troubled development cycle. Team Ico, the developers, originally announced the game in 2009 for the PS3. Since then, the game has had a ton of delays and supposed cancellations—some people assumed that it would just never come out. It’s been a trip. But here we are. Sony says it’s coming out, for real this time.

The footage shown tonight—all on the PS4—saw a little boy traversing precarious platforms and solving puzzles with the help of a giant beast. It looks like the sort of mysterious but intriguing game you’d expect from the people who also developed Shadow of the Colossus.

The plot: The Last Guardian* '​s story follows that of a boy who is trying to escape from a setting resembling the ruins of a large expansive castle. The game will revolve around the developing friendship between the boy and a giant, feathered creature, resembling a griffin, named Trico (トリコ Toriko?). The name of the creature can be taken to mean "prisoner" (虜 toriko?), "baby bird" (鳥の子 tori no ko?), or a portmanteau of "bird" (鳥 tori?) and "cat" (猫 neko?). Trico will at first be hostile toward the boy, but during the course of the game, the two will develop an emotional attachment to each other.[10] Ueda suggested there may be similar creatures like Trico in the game, but could not confirm this.

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshots of adorableness

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/th...companion.aspx

The Last Guardian has been enthralling gamers since Team Ico first announced the title in 2009, and the spell continued with yesterday's demo at E3. Although Sony remains tight-lipped about the details of this PlayStation 4 exclusive, the company did release eight new screens featuring an unnamed boy and his feathery companion.

After its troubled development history, these endearing screens suggest Team Ico has righted the ship. The Last Guardian arrives on PlayStation 4 in 2016.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

This thread needs a bit more love.

Release date has been announced as October 25, 2016.

A collector's edition has also been revealed.

Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Deleted
    Oeeeh this is still alive? Nice. I remember when it was supposed to be a PS3 title and was super hyped for it, but then it kept getting delayed.

Looks nice!

When they kill that cat bird thing that helps you with everything towards the end of the game like when they made you think your horse died in Shadow of the Colossus I'm going to toss my PS4

Deleted
    definitely be picking this up remastered on the PS5

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when it was supposed to be released on the PS3 everybody was like "omfg look at those graphics this will be sick!". But now in 2016 the once awesome graphics shown in the 2013 E3 (it was '12/'13 if I'm correct?) trailer of Last Guardian are pretty much a standard now. Must say it impresses me less than it did in 2013.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Can't believe its actually released.

Asian faces. Cell shading. That one is really ugly.

It's worth mentioning that this game runs rather choppy on the original PS4. With frame rates sometimes dropping into the single digits.

On the PS4 Pro however it runs fine at 30 frames per second, unless you use the 4K mode then it runs like a PS4 original.

Best to hold off on this one until its patched or goes on sale.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    It's worth mentioning that this game runs rather choppy on the original PS4. With frame rates sometimes dropping into the single digits.

On the PS4 Pro however it runs fine at 30 frames per second, unless you use the 4K mode then it runs like a PS4 original.

Best to hold off on this one until its patched or goes on sale.
    No surprise there, a lot of the footage we saw before its release had really choppy frame rates, and their previous game also had frame rate issues.

Personally I'll wait for a big discount since I didn't like Ico, and this looks more like Ico than Shadow of the Colossus.

For anybody else who is interested, Amazon UK has this on sale for £25 atm. Just bought it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    howlongtobeat say that it takes 14 hours to beat it... isn't that a very short time?