Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    it was pretty great overall.

the only problem was the lack of things to do. go back in time and add world quests to it, or dailies preferably, and it's just as good as any other post-wotlk expansion.

oh, and WoD enhance shaman... please for the love of god give this back to me. it was so much more fun.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-12-26 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    The classes were more fun than how they are now with tons of abilities pruned or getting specc specified (sub not having gouge, garrote etc etc).

Deleted
    WoD had good raids. It was good to be a raider. Easy-mode consumables, permanent rune. Content updates.
    Nothing else.

Pretty horrible downer, especially coming after MoP, which is one of the best expacs they've ever produced.

WoD's levelling was fun for a few characters and I spent a decent amount of time doing mythic dungeons but really WoD was pretty terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the questing experience. At that point I couldn't imagine that it would become such a lackluster expansion to remember back on. BRF was also one of the better raids they've done, imo. Also the new character models were much-needed and appreciated.

Too bad about pretty much everything else concerning end-game.

Not very many positives to pick from tbh. It saved me some money because of gold +tokens, character model updates were mostly good, and some of the specs played much better ( rip affliction ).

Sadly the negatives outweighed the positives. The leveling was ok the first time, after that it took me a couple of hours per character to be done which was laughable. There was nothing to do at all until TJ came along, and basically it was just WQ'S and dailies on a smaller scale.

WoD was filled with systems that could have been really good, but because of so many cuts and rush jobs, they just packed to much into garrisons. Oddly enough I thought the crafting was horrible, that was until Legion at its pile of garbage that is anything outside of alchemy and enchanting.

7+ Year Old Account
    There were very few good things in WoD.
    1. All 3 monk specs were godlike. WoD's WW was easily most enjoyable to play class since Cata shadow priests up to date.
    2. No titanforged bullshit (still had warforged and sockets though) . Absolutely hate any RNG systems tied to gear quality. No legendary items.
    3. No WQs.
    4. Early Highmaul dotweaving made shadow somewhat challenging to play, even without snapshotting.

thats about it.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Only thing Warlords did that was a positive was WoW Tokens.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked WoD. Everything apart from the garrison.
    I do however think legion is better.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I actually feel bad for WoD. The questing was the best Blizzard had ever done, especially with the cinematics, and I'd argue better than Legion in terms of flow and consistency. The music was amazing. Zone design and character development were generally good, I love Yrel and Nagrand's perks for druids. I actually did want to see pre-destruction Outland for those who say, "Nobody asked for this." :P I probably would have liked garrisons a lot more if they were 1) account wide, 2) didn't have the mission table, and 3) didn't destroy gathering as a profession.

All of the above put WoD leagues above Cata for me, so I cringe every time anyone says that WoD was the worst expansion. Not even close in my eyes.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    1. All 3 monk specs were godlike. WoD's WW was easily most enjoyable to play class since Cata shadow priests up to date.
    Yeah I didn't want to mention this, because it is very specific, but yeah. WoD's WW was the best spec I have ever played in WoW.

Highmaul was horrendous tbh,

BRF I enjoyed, thought it was just a nice balance between encounters, trash, size and that classic exploring factor.

Hellfire, was horrendous, the encounters were nice, but it was far to big, to much trash, I found it ruined it,

I like the concept of garrisons, I didn't mind at all about profession buildings, I maybe in hinsight would of said don't put a herb / mining / fishing area in it, that was a major reason players stayed in their garrisons. They should of let us have shattrath as a main city. I liked the idea of follower missions and upgrading followers.

But alas no matter what positives WoD did have, 6.2 butchered that expansion for me, it really did, I loved wod up until two weeks after that patch, defending the expansion relentlessly. But on reflection, that dammed twitter and selfie function was a piss take as being the main feature of the patch

I didn't raid for most of WoD, so I have that expansion to thank for all the mounts I got from farming all content: my mount collection went up by about 100 in the space of a few months. I still have a few more I need, but have basically stopped farming in Legion as I have too much current content to be doing - which is a nice problem to have.

I really enjoyed the questing and story of WOD, until max level. I think I enjoyed leveling in WOD more than Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is actually a lot.

Grimrail Dungeon, not the actual fight of it, but the design and use and the want of more... GIVE ME A WORLD TRAIN !
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I loved it when it finally ended.

love when ppl start discussing to something subjetive like it wasnt.

it: I really liked WoD. Back then i could have my life like always, but log on to raid and have a lot of fun.
    Now im very behind of everything because i dont have that much time :/.
    Legion is the best xpac imo but i miss WoD because of that.
    From my perspective leveling, professions, and all that stuff outside dungeons and raids are dull to me, WoW doesnt have that power of inmersion to give me a enjoyable casual experience. In a game like Guild Wars 2 you at least feel somethign while doing casual missions on the world.

I like WoW for combat mechanics and classes/rotations. WoD was good at that so a thumb up for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Highmaul was horrendous tbh,

BRF I enjoyed, thought it was just a nice balance between encounters, trash, size and that classic exploring factor.

Hellfire, was horrendous, the encounters were nice, but it was far to big, to much trash, I found it ruined it,

I like the concept of garrisons, I didn't mind at all about profession buildings, I maybe in hinsight would of said don't put a herb / mining / fishing area in it, that was a major reason players stayed in their garrisons. They should of let us have shattrath as a main city. I liked the idea of follower missions and upgrading followers.

But alas no matter what positives WoD did have, 6.2 butchered that expansion for me, it really did, I loved wod up until two weeks after that patch, defending the expansion relentlessly. But on reflection, that dammed twitter and selfie function was a piss take as being the main feature of the patch
    wrong, highmaul was a nice raid tbh,

Deleted
    WoD was the worst expansion for me to date (I haven't played cata though).
    Having said that, the good parts were:

- Leveling. Best it ever was, better than Legion actually.
    - PVP balance, while not at its all-time peak, was still better than Legion. Then again, I can't recall a time when it has ever been worse than legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    WoD with Content would have been awesome

but it had no Content
    it had raid content, but there was that long ass drought that sort of spoiled it.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it had raid content, but there was that long ass drought that sort of spoiled it.
    Drought is a good thing tho. Not everybody wants to play the game every day and every month. In 3.3, I was able to raid for a half a year and then take a break for the other half a year and I didn't miss anything. Same goes for 5.4 and 6.2. Every time I took break from WoW, I felt like the game was being played without me, except during those droughts.