Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    - No Legendaries
    Yes, or if there was some way to target the one that you wanted.

- No Warforged / Titanforged
    Hell yes. Getting a certain piece of gear feels way more rewarding if you know it's the best you can get (for your particular difficulty level).

- No Tierery Stats on Gear
    Don't care really. They don't add much, I wouldn't miss them if they disappeared.

- No Gear drops, just points from killing dungeon / raid bosses that you can spend on gear
    Now that's just silly. The gear should still drop, but in one version only. I don't mind valor points as a complement for those slots where you got unlucky or for non raiders to still be able to get really good gear.

- No random or cool events, just everything planned, requiring only time
    Cool events should still be part of the game, if they're random or not doesn't really matter but it's easier to plan out your time if you know when and where something is going to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    No, this way everyone except the one lucky bastard complains about it.

Another "quality" suggestion brought to you by Kreeshak.
    Nah, they wouldn't mind, they would say RNG is RNG instead. It is similar to like warglaves or thunderfury. we didn't care when somebody had them.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How does this avoid the above situation? Half the raid would still cry that they underperform due to some guys getting luck...
    Nah, they wouldn't mind, they would say RNG is RNG instead. It is similar to like warglaves or thunderfury. we didn't care when somebody had them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Rose tinted glasses are rose tinted.

The forums were full of QQ over raiders quitting after getting their legendary, officers abusing loot council, or that there wasn't a point to getting legendaries after the tier was over.

Again, another reconstruction of reality by Kreeshak.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be having more fun just by virtue of if there was less RNG I'd actually be subscribed to the game.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

The forums were full of QQ over raiders quitting after getting their legendary
    On your reality sure. On everyone else's not happened.

officers abusing loot council
    This can easily be solved by making legendary be a personal drop like it is now. Do you suggest that officer's wouldn't abuse loot council if legendaries were bind nowadays?

or that there wasn't a point to getting legendaries after the tier was over.
    Wouldn't that be the case in every expansion? Didn't they fix that in every expansion by buffing the legendaries either by a questline or by hotfixes? This is out of context with what I suggested to start with.

Again, another reconstruction of reality by Kreeshak.
    I don't know you, but you know me. It seems to me you are a psycho stalker who has an agenda against me, and I am not going to give you the satisfaction you are hoping for by trolling me. Welcome to my ignore list.

Deleted
    RNG is an essential part of WoW and it's necessary to keep people playing longer. Legion however went to far with that, so much that the whole expansion feels like a giant roulette.

Legendary system needs to go, or be reworked from scrap, and Titanforged is one of the wrost rng driven mechanics ever seen. MoP thunderforged/warforged, and maybe tertiary stats, are a good rng system that provides small benefits but don't screw your gear farm and planning. Heavy rng in class rotations and in professions is horrible and should have never existed (looking at you, Nomi).

Overrall I would say there must be a balance between effort and luck, where you can aim for certain goals simply by working towards them while you have to rely on luck for others.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I rather thing the current system shows how people mind it very well. And mind even smaller things. I mean it IS already RNG if you get a legendary and how many. RNG in a way that apparently some casuals got 3 BiS from dowing WQ while some awesome people who run 100 mythic + got 1 shitty legendary.

That has the RNG attached that you suggested. And boy are the forums full of RNG whining.

Not different from our guild in MC having one Thunderfury and 6 left binding on some unlucky guys. Only different in the way that we bitched in /g - there were no forums we knew of.
    Well a couple of weeks into the expansion, half the raid had a legendary. 1 month into the expansion half the raid had a bis legendary.

On the above situation it is an ass move to call out RNG is RNG.

On the scenario I suggested 1 month into the expansion nobody would have a legendary. 2 months into the expansion 1 person would have a legendary.

RNG is RNG is much more appropriate in the second case.

edit: look at it from the bad luck person's point of view. in the first case he is a group of a minority. in the second case he is in a group of a majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    RNG is an essential part of WoW and it's necessary to keep people playing longer. Legion however went to far with that, so much that the whole expansion feels like a giant roulette.
    I think Asmongold put it well in several of his videos when he said the old way of doing things, i.e. having set ilvl gear drops meant that for at least a tier, he could aim best-in-slot and feel like he could "beat the game" for a while. Now with the eternal hamster wheel of soul destruction it never ends.

Titanforge, scaling ilvl, all that BS, means you never get off the treadmill. It de-values accomplishments and over time that actually damages your desire to keep at it.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    no, RNG is a real blast, was fun trying to get a better life relic playing constantly every day and not getting one in weeks and then my friend who plays every now and then logs in and gets one titanforged within minutes. That must be the definition of fun.

No because I dont have a sense of entitlement to RNG items. In the past they were light increase to stats more than now but just because they are bigger now does not make a difference to me. Anything that is above the average item lvl of the raid boss is what I consider "extra" stats but not apart of my bis list. Item procs are supposed to be exciting and fun not a necessity. This was blizz attempt at making it so that if you run something with a friend you always have that small chance at getting something or if you want to do some old content for fun you might get lucky, not for you to run expecting procced items. Thats how you end up disappointed. You are playing the game wrong lol

Deleted
    Legs are annoying but managable, would prefer the old model over the new.

Titanforged etc should be kept for the greater difficulties (heroic and mythic for raids and mythic+) maybe only small ilvl increases for normal raid/heroic & mythic dungeons

Tertiary stats are nice and make the same piece of gear better and only by the smallest of margins so its fine. Id rather have Tert stats than warforging etc.

I actually like the RNG of drops, sure its annoying, but some RNG is needed.

Im torn on the last one. Having everything being known is nice for planning atc, but the new one-day events seem really nice and a way to login for a bit and have fun. The holiday events are also a nice way to take you away from the grind of gear etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legitimate question. It seems all I see on the official forums and these forums is whine about the supposed "RNG" of the game. So, with that being said, do you think you would have more fun if there was less or no RNG?

- No Legendaries
    - No Gear drops, just points from killing dungeon / raid bosses that you can spend on gear

In my opinion, if there were no RNG to the game, it wouldn't be a fun game. There would be no element of surprise, just a calculated rail system that only depends on time played.
    Gear dropping from dungeons Is fine... that's never been a problem for 12 years since Vanila, It's RNG on a lower level and that's fine. You can't get rid of all of the RNG that's Impossible. But repetative and bad RNG has to go away. Like the rest of those you named, yes.

Random or cool events, explain? If you mean the events like the Suramar questline, I'd be fine If It was weekly gated, like the Garrison Campaign Storyline. All the 12 chapters, across 12 weeks, which perfectly synced up with the Legendary questline taking place, and having Grom and his Iron Horde forced back Into Tanaan Jungle, after we wrecked the rest of the Horde outside of Tanaan.

For all of WoD's later faults, those two storylines colliding was not a bad thing. It gave consistent story, consistent gear, from heroics, to Highmaul to Blackrock Foundry... It was a good step forward. And the Warforged thing wasn't so bad, aslong as It's not part of the MAIN game. Like you relly on RNG to get the BEST gear. It's completely ruined PvP for me, why do I have to relly on RNG for 4+ months if I'm unlucky to get the best gear, while some guy has the best set possible due to RNG In 2 months cause he was lucky? That's not fun, or consistent, or fair for everyone. Blizzard says they provide an equal playing field for all? Well they've failed this time.

The old system was better, you get gear within 2-3 months, GUARANTEED... the guarantee Is what's Important, you got the gear, you enchanted It all, made It the best and you're competative, and that's It.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Yes, I would.

Maybe let the event stay. But legendaries are fucking abomination.

RNG is the only thing that keeps people playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, a Jaylock thread

But I'll bite.

Some RNG is fine. In fact I like having a reason to do m+ because I really enjoy them. It's the first thing in WoW that gives me as much fun as raiding.

What I dislike is significant power behind RNG so the legendary system (even tho I have 2 out of 3 BiS legendaries I still think the system is retarded). Significant power can have some RNG factor but eventually it should be guaranteed with certain amount of effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legitimate question. It seems all I see on the official forums and these forums is whine about the supposed "RNG" of the game. So, with that being said, do you think you would have more fun if there was less or no RNG?

- No Legendaries

In my opinion, if there were no RNG to the game, it wouldn't be a fun game. There would be no element of surprise, just a calculated rail system that only depends on time played.
    Nooooooooooooooooope, hell no!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

RNG is a part of MMOs, but the amount of RNG in Legion is excessive. It's a Matryoshka doll of RNG, with layers of randomness.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's more that they added singular items that behave like amazing 4pc tier set bonuses, and such horrible RNG that you'll never be able farm enough to actually acquire that OP bonus, yet a few people do get lucky and outperform everyone else by 20%. The RNG titanforging of quest and dungeon gear is mildly obnoxious but not a big deal to me other than the double RNG of acquiring good relics (both iLvl and trait).