Heroic ---> Mythic Elerethe Question

So we were doing Heroic Elerethe last night with one of our DPS Tanking to get more familiar with the encounters and during the first phase he wasn't standing close enough to me for a Web of Pain and I ended up dying, when I was Rezzed, I wasn't tied to him anymore and it made the fight so much easier even considering it's not too difficult to begin with.

So my question is, was this something guilds did during Mythic or was this something bannable? Last night it was a complete accident as we have killed her each week without that happening.

alot of guilds 3 tanked it on mythic for this reason, whatever tank isnt linked takes boss, the other 2 on the spiders to keep em away from boss

So having an intentional death isn't recommended vs having a third tank?

correct, 3 tank is best strat, mythic ele is not a huge dps check which is why most guilds do her 2nd, she simply requires you to follow mechanics. The rez is best saved incase someone makes a mistake

Your question has been answered. But why would it even be something you'd be able to be banned for. A debuff goes away when you die and the same for most buffs. However for a third tank, if you don't have one allready. Paladins are good, but anything can be used easily.

It's important that you announce who's not webbed to let your hunters and rogues misdirect/tricks to your non-boss tank.

It's doable without a third tank though, we mainly three tank but had our off-tank absent one week. We just told all the dps if we run into you then you're running too slow, and I went towards the cliff grabbing spiders while the raid hugged left with the boss tank, just need to tell your DPS to nuke the spiders as they're running and focus them before the boss, and be in between the eggs and the tank. Make sure you use a movement CD, we had speed-totems for each run.

Deleted
    If you have a Shaman you can use the Ancestral Protection Totem to res the tank, if you sac one at the start. It doesn't count as a combat res. Even when we didn't have our Shaman we still two tanked it. I don't think I've ever three tanked it. It's a pretty easy fight.

We have killed her several times now and we always use three tanks. Not just for the webs but we use a pala (me, im usually ret) to soak one of the Violent Winds. Makes the fight even easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faxton View Post
    We have killed her several times now and we always use three tanks. Not just for the webs but we use a pala (me, im usually ret) to soak one of the Violent Winds. Makes the fight even easier.
    Should be able to soak both, no?
    Divine Shield first, Spellwarding second

Most tanks can survive violent winds on their own with some cds.

The 3rd tank trivializes healing and tanking on the Spider phase. The two-linked tanks grab adds, the un-linked one takes boss.

You can pretty easily soak both, i've been doing it since progression on that boss months ago.