Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fisher kept a knock off Princess Leia sex doll in her attic to laugh at.

And yes Kissinger is still alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another "stable" Hollywood actor kicks the bucket a day later.

Are there any real doctors in California? Or are they all actors?
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Another "stable" Hollywood actor kicks the bucket a day later.

Are there any real doctors in California? Or are they all actors?
    Stable doesn't mean healthy. She was also without oxygen for at least 10 minutes. Her brain function would have most likely been impaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So sad. 2016 has been a brutal year
    Can relate. 2016 has been one of the shittiest years of my life
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh

another of the greats.

May you be remembered among the stars Princess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    With all these deaths I'm starting to think 2016 is a novel written by George RR Martin.
    See, for all the love people have of those books and claiming character deaths on mass is great, this here is what it would really feel like if it was something real, so many loved people dying together in one swoop.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Stable doesn't mean healthy. She was also without oxygen for at least 10 minutes. Her brain function would have most likely been impaired.
    Impaired or not. Stable means stable. She was clearly not stable if she died that soon after. Whoever issued the "stable" rating should've kept their mouth shut with "no comment".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I thought she was a good actress.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear if it takes Michael Schumacher I'll be very irritated.
    i dunno stan lee is like a zombie but there are a few days left.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    i dunno stan lee is like a zombie but there are a few days left.
    He's 94 tomorrow. Like I said only thing that can hit me really hard now is if Michael Schumacher went. Big F1 fanatic and grew up around the sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Impaired or not. Stable means stable. She was clearly not stable if she died that soon after. Whoever issued the "stable" rating should've kept their mouth shut with "no comment".
    Well I mean she was "stable" for two days. Some sort of unexpected complication must have come up. I'm not an MD so I can't really say more than what I've seen medical professionals say but stable in their terms just means not at immediate risk of dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    With all these deaths I'm starting to think 2016 is a novel written by George RR Martin.
    Imagine that George would die now as well...

Fuck you 2016

Just absolutely heartbroken. Fuck 2016 in every facet. Alan Rickman, Gene Wilder, Carrie Fisher, the election, just FUCK OFF already.

Carrie Fisher was the first person to show me that Princesses could be fucking badasses, something that I really think helped shape my view of media and how many female characters I absolutely adore across games/movies/comics/tv shows, ect.

Maybe only outclassed by Robin Williams in terms of absolute heartbrokenness...

The Dark Side is strong this year. Fuck man.

I was 13 when ROJ came out. She was my first sexual fantasy. She will always live on in my spank bank.

All stable means is that someone is not worsening at that moment. It doesn't mean they are well or getting better. She was without oxygen for 15 minutes so of course she had brain damage even though she was stable.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well I mean she was "stable" for two days. Some sort of unexpected complication must have come up. I'm not an MD so I can't really say more than what I've seen medical professionals say but stable in their terms just means not at immediate risk of dying.
    I implore you to at least google what "stable" in the US means, and find whatever cherrypicked source doesn't include "conscious". It's probably not going to be one from the US, or one that cites its sources from the US.

In the mean time, the wikipedia article contains the summary. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_state

"The American Hospital Association has advised doctors not to use the word "stable" either as a condition or in conjunction with another condition, especially one that is critical, because a critical condition inherently implies unpredictability and the instability of vital signs."

Stable cannot be used as a blanket status (in the US). You can even sue the hospital for even issuing a "stable" blanket status, but probably not the news for issuing a falsified statement cause "muh 1st amendment".

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    All stable means is that someone is not worsening at that moment. It doesn't mean they are well or getting better. She was without oxygen for 15 minutes so of course she had brain damage even though she was stable.
    No, that's not what it means in the US.

"Stable" means they can be left alone to recover. "Guarded" means they must be watched.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2016-12-27 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So sad. 2016 has been a brutal year
    No it hasn't, every "celebrity" that died this (and other) year(s) was a suicide. Yes, drug abuse is suicide. Lets not pretend that they didn't know what they were getting them self into. Saying "this year was brutal, that year was brutal" doesn't make sense.

Goddammit, fuck you 2016. Tired of this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    No it hasn't, every "celebrity" that died this (and other) year(s) was a suicide. Yes, drug abuse is suicide. Lets not pretend that they didn't know what they were getting them self into. Saying "this year was brutal, that year was brutal" doesn't make sense.
    Thank you for your insight, captain edgelord.