Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    General Discussion has devolved into posting about how bad Legion is and why it sucks and why Blizzard sucks because it's not the perfect game. There's no civility here, and it's sad.

Just remember before you shitpost with another "I'm quitting cuz I got bad legendary" thread, YOU ARE THE MINORITY.

Wow has million of subs, actual millions. MMO Champ has a fraction of that in registered users, and of those not all of them use or even post on the forums. Remember that just because someone online agrees with you about Legion not being perfect doesn't mean you have an army of support against people who actually LIKE the game.

I play League of Legends, and the subreddit is the main place where discussion is had on the game. The game has 2 billion registered accounts compared to the sub having not even 1 million subscribers. That means the subreddit accounts for around 1% of the playerbase, and yet there have been many cases where reddit posts have caused direct community interaction from Riot Games. This is due to it being the largest representation of players online.

MMO Champ is NOT the same as the LoL Sub. It has nowhere near the power to command Blizzard's respect that the LoL sub does for LoL. Chances are Blizz may read a forum post or 2 but nothing you say or do on this forum will influence change in Blizzard's development of WoW, especially because of how uncivilized and irrational the posts have become.

That being said, feel free to keep posting whatever you want. Just remember that you are a small fish in gigantic seemingly endless ocean of people who play WoW and despite how righteous you feel your post may be it's not going to change anything.

Or better yet just don't post and maybe we can have some nice posts for a change.
    Ah the age old I'm going to vomit up an even shittier post to complain about all the shit posting with a nice little caveat at the end about how no one gives two fucks about your post so stop posting it, while completely ignoring the irony of what I am saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    What an amazing thread.

"Hey, you're the minority. This isn't relevant to anything whatsoever, but don't you forget it."
    "Also, stop complaining about things I like."

So to quote your post:

Just remember that you are a small fish in gigantic seemingly endless ocean of people who play WoW and despite how righteous you feel your post may be it's not going to change anything.
    Maybe you should take your own advice. Stop with the self righteousness, you're not accomplishing anything.

People are discussing how they feel about the game, they don't need such a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Translation = ONLY POST POSITIVE DON'T CRITICIZE MY HOBBY
    Not even close, but thanks for trying.

What OP is saying is don't post: "This game is dying, everyone is unsubbing." When in fact its just a few people from your guild or your EXTREMELY small (relative to the games population) social circle within the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post

What OP is saying is don't post: "This game is dying, everyone is unsubbing." When in fact its just a few people from your guild or your EXTREMELY small (relative to the games population) social circle within the game.
    This basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post

Rather than be an apologist, why not read all of OP's posts? His standpoint is not limited to "This game is dying, everyone is unsubbing", even if that specific complain falls into his category. He's against there being so many negative threads and the popularity of them.

"General Discussion has devolved into posting about how bad Legion is and why it sucks and why Blizzard sucks because it's not the perfect game. "
    "Just remember before you shitpost with another 'I'm quitting cuz I got bad legendary' thread"
    "It's just real upsetting when you see the top 3 or 4 posts are all 100 page threads on how Legion sucks."

Just taken from his few posts in this thread. You're actually the one wanting this thread to mean something other than what OP is saying.

The absence of criticism or resistance is the path to weakness and complacency.

Ok...so lets imagine a world where no one ever criticized or pointed out the flaws with WoW. How, exactly, would Blizzard ever know when something was going wrong or performing badly? They would have to base decisions on what aspects of the game were being played the most by players. They would never actually know if something they put in the game was annoying, or unfair, or not working correctly.

While shitposts like "Wow sux! Legendaries r bad!" aren't very useful, there ARE plenty of well thought and well written criticisms that are based on legitimate problems with the game. The legendary system is one example. It clearly was not performing well, and was causing strife in the community. Blizzard heard the complaints and criticisms and changes for the system are in the works. Mythic-only content is another good example, especially considering that the change doesn't actually include taking anything away from the game, but just adding heroic versions.

There is definitely a theme with game forums everywhere, and not just limited to WoW. People think that just because they like a product that any criticism of it is like a personal attack on themselves. The psychology of it is actually really fascinating. But what those people who like a game need to understand is that if they want a better game, they should be thanking people for pointing out flaws with it. Telling people to shut up, or to not post, or to blindly accept whatever a game company does is, in the the long run, the worst response.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-12-27 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, while half your post is true, the other half is not.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    The issue is not people posting critizim about the game. Its when they try to say a way to fix it. And that their way is the best and only way. And that they speak for the community. Like all those people who post spec. Or class ideas and give full fledged detail as if they k ow a thing about balance or gameplay enginnering
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The issue is not people posting critizim about the game. Its when they try to say a way to fix it. And that their way is the best and only way. And that they speak for the community. Like all those people who post spec. Or class ideas and give full fledged detail as if they k ow a thing about balance or gameplay enginnering
    I don't see a problem with suggesting potential changes that might make something better. Just as long as - as you yourself said - they aren't making the assumption that their solution is the only one.

And to be fair, after 12 years of wow, and any previous experience with MMOs, it's entirely possible that some number-crunching math wizard with logs might actually know a thing or two about the performance of classes and how to balance them. Take, for example, the ranking of DPS on boss fights. If one class is consistently ranking in the bottom 50% on all the boss fights, maybe there's a problem there. If someone is able to see that performance and suggest a way to improve it, I think that's perfectly fine.

But when people come around and post angry messages about how their class is broken(lol@that) or not viable because they're a couple of percentage points behind, I have no sympathy.

Deleted
    it would be nice to see some more positivity, but if people wanna be whiny babies you gotta let them

with the built up anger that some of these kids have i fear what they would do if they couldnt kick and scream here

when i fell in love with wow a time ago, i said "Ok, i love this game, it would be nice to hang with ppl that loves the game like me... but where? of course, a forum that talks about wow!!!".

sadly, i ended up only loggin here to arguee with haters.Cant believe it, i wouldnt even try to hear news of a game that i dont like/hate. but wte, there are cool guys out there with real good arguments.

Deleted
    OP

The cold truth is that mmo c is a pile of shit populated by retards that throw that shit to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-C over the years has become a cesspit of negativity and inane posts.

General Discussion has devolved into posting about how bad Legion is and why it sucks and why Blizzard sucks because it's not the perfect game. There's no civility here, and it's sad.

Just remember before you shitpost with another "I'm quitting cuz I got bad legendary" thread, YOU ARE THE MINORITY.

Wow has million of subs, actual millions. MMO Champ has a fraction of that in registered users, and of those not all of them use or even post on the forums. Remember that just because someone online agrees with you about Legion not being perfect doesn't mean you have an army of support against people who actually LIKE the game.

I play League of Legends, and the subreddit is the main place where discussion is had on the game. The game has 2 billion registered accounts compared to the sub having not even 1 million subscribers. That means the subreddit accounts for around 1% of the playerbase, and yet there have been many cases where reddit posts have caused direct community interaction from Riot Games. This is due to it being the largest representation of players online.

MMO Champ is NOT the same as the LoL Sub. It has nowhere near the power to command Blizzard's respect that the LoL sub does for LoL. Chances are Blizz may read a forum post or 2 but nothing you say or do on this forum will influence change in Blizzard's development of WoW, especially because of how uncivilized and irrational the posts have become.

That being said, feel free to keep posting whatever you want. Just remember that you are a small fish in gigantic seemingly endless ocean of people who play WoW and despite how righteous you feel your post may be it's not going to change anything.

Or better yet just don't post and maybe we can have some nice posts for a change.
    How do you know this? How do you know that the majority of players like the legendary system?
    Oh, thats right. You don't.

It's a pretty good indication of what the average players thinks though, when every other post both here and on the general forums is about how poor the system is.
    Even Blizzard admitted that they weren't happy with it.

I'll be happy to keep posting about how wothless the legendary system is though. After all, it's the worst idea Blizzard has ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Rather than be an apologist, why not read all of OP's posts? His standpoint is not limited to "This game is dying, everyone is unsubbing", even if that specific complain falls into his category. He's against there being so many negative threads and the popularity of them.

"General Discussion has devolved into posting about how bad Legion is and why it sucks and why Blizzard sucks because it's not the perfect game. "
    "Just remember before you shitpost with another 'I'm quitting cuz I got bad legendary' thread"
    "It's just real upsetting when you see the top 3 or 4 posts are all 100 page threads on how Legion sucks."

Just taken from his few posts in this thread. You're actually the one wanting this thread to mean something other than what OP is saying.
    Those are valid points for their quotes. But I highly doubt they don't want people to not post negative threads solely because they are negative and they like Legion so much.

Maybe they (like many of us) are sick of bashing threads getting tons of activity when it's the same thing over and over with no solution in the thread.

We get it, Blizzard messed up Legendaries... they admitted that. But this forum shouldn't see 500 Legendary threads per day.
    And if they are going to post that many, understand that you are the EXTREME minority and do not speak for the player base. Just your small (very small) circle.

Just shit posting left and right because that's the cool thing to do to the current expansion in WoW is dumb and counter-productive.

Well color me surprised, I had NO idea...

MMO-C = echo-chamber for people that are "over" the game yet not over it.

Listen up fresh meat,

If every mmorpg in existence has its population added to WoW at its best, then you've got like at best, 20 million gamers.

Threre's literally 400 million people living in America and perhaps 2 billion living in China.

This means that forum posters are in the majority, and are a very big fish, but all of this shit is in the tiniest pond you can imagine, and that's what conceptualization you're missing.

There's literally more people who Crochet than there will ever be who even touched a video game at this point in Human History, but you nerds can't see that. In this case, I refer to OP the most.

Deleted
    that may be true, but forum posters are the people willing to give feedback

it's like not going out to vote on election day and then saying I didn't get it my way

well boohooo

10+ Year Old Account
    If I've learned anything from the elections:

The vast majority of players are satisfied with how things are handled with Legion.

A small minority of players will cry against RNG unfairness.

Intelligent feedback will explain what systems are not working as intended.

Devs will decide what to do next, regardless of how many QQ threads there are here.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..