Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think I speak for everyone when I say, I'm going to quit because I don't like the fact that I don't speak for everyone

You are right, they aren't, but they are the only ones that matter as everyone else is a sheep who will just muddle along with whatever garbage blizzard puts out.

Where did all of these crying little punks come from with this BS about posts needing to be "positive"? OP, If I want to put Blizzard on blast for making a decision that I think is retarded then who do you think you are to dictate how I phrase it? If at some point you were appointed as all mighty forum overseer I missed the memo; if that hasn't happened then kindly GFY!

I do think that Blizz employees read these forums.

I didn't realize that Legion now sucks, as a few months ago it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Any idea of how many millions of subs there are now?

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    I have stone skin. It would take more than fire to hurt me.
    Hahaha. Oh I think you are being serious. /snicker

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    OP

The cold truth is that mmo c is a pile of shit populated by retards that throw that shit to others.
    By becoming a shit throwing monkey yourself you don't help the problem. There are better ways to put it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How do you know this? How do you know that the majority of players like the legendary system?
    Oh, thats right. You don't.

It's a pretty good indication of what the average players thinks though, when every other post both here and on the general forums is about how poor the system is.
    Even Blizzard admitted that they weren't happy with it.

I'll be happy to keep posting about how wothless the legendary system is though. After all, it's the worst idea Blizzard has ever had.
    I mean, I personally like it, I've seen a few threads that like the Legendary system because it's very Diablo-esque or rewards players who grind more than those who don't. I can understand the frustration of getting 2 non-dps increasing legendaries on a dps class.

The point is that clearly the system is going to stay, and there are no good alternatives to Blizz. If it was so bad that noone liked the system then the system would go away. Feedback has changed the game even THIS expansion with things like 7.1's shadow priest nerfs getting reverted due to negative feedback.

Blizzard has made it very clear that they are going to solve problems this expansion, and in their Q/A streams they've made it clear that people's negative views on the new system have prompted a nerf to dps increasing legendaries across all classes. The negative feedback has ALREADY caused Blizz to make changes.

If the whining worked why are there still threads about it? 1.5 isnt even out and people are still playing the game grumbling about the Legendary system that they changed.

RNG is good for the game, if there was no RNG everyone would have the same 2 Legendaries and it would just be cookie cutter BiS builds on everyone. If that's the kind of binary system you want then I'm sorry for you cuz Blizzard isn't going to make it that way. I'd rather have a fun time opening chests and getting pleasantly surprised when I get a shiny new Legendary I wasn't expecting but am glad to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Or just let people have their goddamn opinion, if a lot of people say that legion sucks it's their right or not? Sometimes blind fanboys are worse than full-blown haters
    Or silly people resort to the fanboy accusation based on a single post not agreeing with their blizzard bashing.
    A fanboy can't be defined by a single post, but that is what every person who plays that card responds to.

If you call someone a fanboy, you already lost the argument.
    You can act stupid and call someone a fanboy, or be better than that.
    You decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminder that non-official forum posters make up even less portion of the players. This includes games like LoL.

Reminder that even though you need an active subscription to post on the Official forums (outside beta/ptr and customer support), they told people to post on Twitter if they wanted to get a dev's attention.

The only reason Blue posters even bothered reaching outside of the Official forums (before merger) is due to situations where logging in or accessing customer service isn't possible and to keep tabs on data-mining websites.

I stopped actively caring about posting on the Official forums (briefly during the Real-ID debacle and) when they actively told people to post on Facebook or Twitter if they wanted a blue's attention. They basically told paying customers they don't care about the forums or feedback anymore.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2016-12-28 at 02:20 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sturgeon's Law says that 90% of everything is crap. He might revise that up a bit for game forums. It's fine for people to have their say; no problem with that. Name-calling is pointless.

You like something? Blizzard wants to know that and you should say so and not worry about anyone that has nothing at all to bring to a discussion other than calling someone a fanboy or whatever. You don't like something? They want to know that too. There's plenty of bad behavior on both sides.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It goes both ways. The people who love the game are in the minority too. The majority would be somewhere in the middle.

I also find it interesting how people view the forums. The love/hate of Legion appears fairly balanced to me whenever I read MMO-C, I don't see this overwhelming amount of hate. Then again, I don't tend to read the megathreads, maybe it's all consolidated there?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    this is an interesting view though not necessarily correct.

now, i will not dispute that the MMO champion forums has a decent amount of trolling, baiting, baseless forum posts.

but we are by no means an echo chamber.

even on this website, which only has a small portion of the total player base we can see disputes, difference in opinion and well constructed and presented points of debate.
    not much different from the official forums or other larger or smaller WoW fan community's.

and to say that a small portion of the community can't/won't sway large scale development changes is doing yourself a disservice.

as i've said, MMO champion isn't an echo chamber that only echo's 1 opinion towards the outside world.
    we are a small scale representation of a much larger consumer base.
    to ignore any constructive posts on this website on the bases of the (seemingly large numbers of) bad posts on this website would be very short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It goes both ways. The people who love the game are in the minority too. The majority would be somewhere in the middle.

I also find it interesting how people view the forums. The love/hate of Legion appears fairly balanced to me whenever I read MMO-C, I don't see this overwhelming amount of hate. Then again, I don't tend to read the megathreads, maybe it's all consolidated there?
    people who love the game are just playing it, and not posting on forums.
    admittedly i have a multiple monitor setup and I troll whiners when I'm bored/taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    OP

The cold truth is that mmo c is a pile of shit populated by retards that throw that shit to others.

The megathreads hold a lot of it, there are few large threads that tend to overwhelm the frontpage of GD on a daily basis. It will never go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Sometimes blind fanboys are worse than full-blown haters
    Sometimes people who say the game sucks, but continue to play and say it sucks are worse.

10+ Year Old Account

(Not including that non-US playerbase is placed on even lower priority.)

There are people that care about the game and could care less about stuff like Blizzcon. Blizzard hates these people because it involves doing their job, but they affect the stability of the third portion of the playerbase.

There are people that care about the culture and could care less if the game is shit as long as it's popular. Blizzards love-hates these people. Easier to please, but don't contribute to game development life-cycle and can potentially hurt the stability of the third portion of the playerbase.

And then there's the rest of the players that make up the majority. The fringe playerbase that comes and goes like the tide. Blizzard loves these people because they take the least effort to please and rarely bother to voice their opinion.

Regardless, OP is essentially dick-waving and telling anyone not associated with his/her "clique" that they're part of a minority for "reasons". He/she has no possible means to know what portion of the game's playerbase feels negatively or positively about current WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Sometimes people who say the game sucks, but continue to play and say it sucks are worse.
    Can we at least agree that people who say the game is great, but don't even play it, are the worst?
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2016-12-28 at 02:54 AM. Reason: auto-correct fails me
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post

Can we at least agree that people who say the game is great, but don't even play it, are the worst?
    What about people who don't play the game and say it sucks?

Since you have no proof about what the exact subscription situation is now, you're statements are shit. For all we know (nothing, because Blizz is too freaked out to make the numbers public anymore), there can also be only 2 million people left. There only one reason they don't show the numbers anymore, and that's not their excuse "it's not relevant anymore", the reason is this: the numbers SUCK ASS and there's no reason to show them if you can't brag about them.

While it's true that the people that don't like something are much more likely to scream about it, there are indications in the game that things are not that beautiful. SO if you are in a social guild (because the raiding guilds don't really matter, raiders will raid and that's it, and people don't playing are usually removed) and you see that 80-90% of the rooster was last online over 1 month ago, that's a pretty good indication that people leave the game. Unless there's some Blizzard fucking drone that comes and say "this is anectdotal, you just happen to be in a faggot guild that hate Blizzard boo hoo". It is indeed anectodat, but if you have like 5 alts and they are in different guild, and all those guild are showing the same thread, then "fuck anectodal". Combine this shit with Blizzard's own statements, that just a small minority of players are actually raiders and the shit is pretty ugly.

Yes, Wow has millions of players, but even more millions left the game since the expansion started and even more will leave. Because they are "a minority" and fuck them if they don't like some crazy shit Blizzard added to the game, like insane grinds and retarded RNG items.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Or better yet just don't post and maybe we can have some nice posts for a change.
    Although people do need to be more constructive with their posting, if it wasnt for the vocal people talking about the things they'd like to see improved, the game wouldn't have evolved at all.

Constructive feedback is always useful, and the devs typically welcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Although people do need to be more constructive with their posting, if it wasnt for the vocal people talking about the things they'd like to see improved, the game wouldn't have evolved at all.

Constructive feedback is always useful, and the devs typically welcome it.
    Thing is, mostly you don't really find Constructive feeback.Here for example, its basically.

"I QUIT BECAUSE X"
    "THE GAME SUCKS BECAUSE OF ..."
    "Now let me tell you why Vanilla did better."
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

One thing to keep in mind is that all internet forums skew much more introverted than the public. Forum moderators are almost universally introverted. Feedback comes more from introverted customers. Thats a problem with game design because if you use forums and other feedback to help design games, it will push you into introverted / solo design choices. That could help explain why wow went so antisocial over the years.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2016-12-28 at 03:27 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.