Thread: Ninja-pulling.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As long as they pull the mobs towards me Im cool with it. If they are scattered all over hell, then fuck it they can die. I pull as much as I can, I like seeing myself 1st or 2nd on the dps meters as a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Bad tanks will say "It bothers me".

Bad tanks will say "You pull you tank".

Bad players will find any excuse.

A half-average tank will simply gain aggro and continue as is.

I never had in my 12 years of tanking a DPS pulling before me and causing troubl to the group ever, hell most of the times that happens its a healer pulling cause i simply dont require any healing and they get bored or unless it was a friend trying to "troll me" cause he knows i will simply grab everything or some barraging hunter which i already expect and deal with it.

The only thing that bothers me is when people simply can not WASD properly.

And by WASD i mean walking around, i just went that path, if you simply run behind me, you cant fail, but you run down the middle you are obviously mentally incapable of WASD-ing properly and you pulled extra mobs.
    Your post is full of Shit.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Your post is full of Shit.
    I am just not bad at the game i play for 12 years, sorry.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Okay.

As tank, if you Ninja pull, I let you die.
    As healer, if you Ninja pull, I let you die.
    As DPS, I don't ninja pull.

This is how I feel. If you think I'm pulling too slow it's probably because I know dps is too low to pull more.

Deleted
    On higher mythic+ or if tank is heavily undergeared, I don't take additional mobs as a dps. But sometimes tanks are REALLY too slow, pulling 1-2 mobs on mos +2 with 875+ is a joke for me and I must take more packs. We kill them easily, but sometimes the tank is just stupid and says something like that ,,kick mage or I leave the dung,, and wishes me cancer ;_;

7+ Year Old Account
    As a tank, you control the tempo. As a dps or healer you can try to encourage the tank to work in another tempo, but trying to increase speed by ninja pulling is never justified.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, 99% of the ninja pullers are Huntards who think it's their duty to run off ahead and pull everything because they have Misdirection on me.

I usually just click it off and watch them get fucked over and have to FD before I tell them to stop it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The only pulling that drives me nuts as a tank... when I'm trying to do an extremely fast and efficient run and there's that one Dps or healer who literally stumbles into absolutely everything... or the hunter that i swear some of them keyboard turn to face an absolutely Irrelevant pack of mobs and barrage-tards all over their face.

In Heroics/Normal Mythics I often just pull small packs of 1-2 mobs, I can usually cleave them down before they even get to me/the group as a 890 destro locks with the CB bracers.

Not too fussed if they're picked up or not my own shields cover any damage that I would be taking.

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    By being reasonable with myself and others. Aka adjusting my pulling to the ability of the group. Simple as that. Don't be the douchebag tank who pulls 1 mob when the DPS are 400k+. Don't be the douchebag DPS who's pulling mobs when the tank is dying or the healer is going OOM. Don't be the douchebag healer complaining about the group's fast pulling when your heals don't matter to the 890 tank.
    let me shorten that for you. tank makes the pulls to his or her comfort level or desired pace.

PERIOD
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if dps are pulling before you in dungeons it means you fail as tank as you go to slow and should speed up.

unless you are new to tanking state it at beginign of dungeon then nobody will pull simple as that.

do yourself a favour and in case of legion if you see in random hc people with +/- 1,7kk health go slow duh if you see 3 x dps with 2,5kk+ pull like crazy because they can aoe it down in few seconds by pulling slow and small packs you are lowering their dps significantly usually which means you fail as tank.
    Depends. If the group actually bothers to talk to the tank (crazy, I know, right?) and say "Hey, i think this group can step it up a bit, what do you think?", problem solved. Either the group goes faster, or the tank is replaced.

But we all know what happens: nobody say anything (because talking in an MMO, who even does that, you know?), until a hunter loses his shit and yells "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO" and pulls every mob in the dungeon. And then rage quites when they don't get ressed and has to run back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Bad tanks will say "It bothers me".

Bad tanks will say "You pull you tank".

Bad players will find any excuse.

A half-average tank will simply gain aggro and continue as is.

I never had in my 12 years of tanking a DPS pulling before me and causing troubl to the group ever, hell most of the times that happens its a healer pulling cause i simply dont require any healing and they get bored or unless it was a friend trying to "troll me" cause he knows i will simply grab everything or some barraging hunter which i already expect and deal with it.

The only thing that bothers me is when people simply can not WASD properly.

And by WASD i mean walking around, i just went that path, if you simply run behind me, you cant fail, but you run down the middle you are obviously mentally incapable of WASD-ing properly and you pulled extra mobs.
    Its people like you that help make for a shitty time playing, the whole wasd bs is just weird and shows you are strange!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    If this keeps happening over and over again its probably because you are always going too slow and your DPS is tired of small pulls so they pull more. Usually if thres a recurring theme you should look at yourself rather then blame others.
    But it's okay for some numb nuts DPS to pull, get killed, then blame the tank? Let me guess...you're a DPS who does this all the time...is ironic...tell him not to blame other people then go and do it yourself? :P

If they don't like the speed then they're free to go look for a new group...not the tanks fault people have ADD or just want to pad their DPS with bigger numbers.

Deleted
    If healer is on tank side then dps gets kicked else tank gets kicked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    If this keeps happening over and over again its probably because you are always going too slow and your DPS is tired of small pulls so they pull more. Usually if thres a recurring theme you should look at yourself rather then blame others.
    I am so very sorry if you misunderstood the post. I'm fine with DPS running ahead, but every now and again it's too much. I just think it's an interestering topic with a lot of different viewpoints. I wasn't necessarily speaking of myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    This is how I feel. If you think I'm pulling too slow it's probably because I know dps is too low to pull more.
    That is one of many reasons it could be, could also be the healer, could also be troublesome mobs etc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    The only time it bothers me is when it's necrotic and if it was not taking into account stacks and chance to reset them. If i didn't pull it, it is because i didn't want to.

But yeah, i had seen plenty silly tanks on dailies HC with 880+ DPS, and complaining that they are ninja pulling. Ussually the "you tank what you pull" are just bad players.
    Yep. Terribly bad.
    Not.
    Don't care who you are or how geared you are.
    If I am in a dungeon it is to help the group get through it as quickly yet easily as possible regardless of the difficulty setting.
    I pull to my comfort level not yours. Whether that is faster or slower than you may feel.
    It is my job to set the tempo, control placement, and manage the enemy.
    Yours is simply to do damage or, the one thing that most dps seem to forget when they are buys pew pewing away, interrupt.
    A dps that plays out of their role unless asked to is just a bad team player.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

7+ Year Old Account
    in normal/hero dungeons?

whatever.

in raids/mythic(+)dungeons?
    please go and jump into a volcano.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapmastery View Post
    Nah, I call it half of it bullshit.. It's like this they pulled and you sometime half of time saved them. Nice try
    Not really, I actually let them die. Only time I have to save them, is during Mythic+ and Raiding. The rest, handle it yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Im pretty sure the tanks hes speaking of are those ones that don't strafe, have never even heard of strafing, don't understand the concept at all, loot EVERY mob with auto loot off and read every single item in the loot list and click it individually.

Not the guy who is strafing through the entire dungeon, chain charging / leaping and aoeing. And if he does mean that guy, that guy would probably appreciate you pulling more if you have more mobility.
    Well, if it is me tanking, you'll have the wonderful view of the swirling hammers as I run through and take as much as possible.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Yep. Terribly bad.
    Not.
    Don't care who you are or how geared you are.
    If I am in a dungeon it is to help the group get through it as quickly yet easily as possible regardless of the difficulty setting.
    I pull to my comfort level not yours. Whether that is faster or slower than you may feel.
    It is my job to set the tempo, control placement, and manage the enemy.
    Yours is simply to do damage or, the one thing that most dps seem to forget when they are buys pew pewing away, interrupt.
    A dps that plays out of their role unless asked to is just a bad team player.
    Thinking of a bad player.

Tank is not needed after a certain point depending on content, in daily heroic case you are just there cause LFG forces a tank and there is a big AP reward, hence the overgeared people running it.

I am a Protection Warrior since 2005 and i follow this ideology whether i am tanking or not because you know, math.

Right now in most bosses in my daily heroic , i switch to Fury, press Taunt at the start and simply pop Enraged Regeneration when i feel like i should and voila, stuff died before they matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    Its people like you that help make for a shitty time playing, the whole wasd bs is just weird and shows you are strange!!
    Not really, you simply cant understand what i mean.

Let me explain it better.

When from the 5 players in the group, there is a mob on the left and the other 4 passed it, clearly by running along the wall, and you the 5th run through the middle of the wall and the monster and end up pulling it, it simply shows me you are lacking intellect, real life intellect, capability of understanding and adjusting.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-12-27 at 09:40 PM.