Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    Name one thing you can do that is a positive influence in the name of islam that I can't do in the name of no religion.

Can you name horrible things done in the name of religion though?

you as a muslim can obviously show how peaceful the religion can be, but amir assad (sp) can show how abhorrant the religion can be too. If they scream "allahu akbhar" and set fire to a person the instant shrug is "not a real muslim", but should I believe him calling you not a real muslim or you calling him a fake?

Reading the quran, I come to my own opinion that you have to leave quite a lot of it behind truly be a peaceful muslim, and at that point, why not just denounce it completely?
    I agree with you in that anyone can show an abhorrent side of beliefs, religious or otherwise, even when there isn't inherently something violent in their subject matter.

Not going to go into discussing the details of Islam as religious discussion is forbidden. I have to ask though if someone truly thinks it's somehow the religions fault that these actions are being done and justified, then how come it's still a very minute percentage of the worlds total population of Muslims?

I've never denied the questionable parts of the Quran, I'm openly gay after all and my family is conservative. I do believe however, that everyone should be free to practice whatever their beliefs or non-beliefs help them make a better person as long as they don't impose it on others. Which seems to be the way the US is going as far as Christianity is concerned might I add.

You're absolutely right that I could denounce it completely, but for me personally it's less about the religion and more about my own culture and community that it ties into. I'd argue that a lot of the major religions also do good which is overshadowed by the negative publicity. While positive influence can be had in a secular manner, some people just need to believe in something for various reasons to get through life, and if it makes them be a better person and contribute to society or help their fellow man then I don't see that as a bad thing.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2016-12-28 at 12:43 PM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Europe has no obligation to help such people.
    Europe not, Germany has. It's part of our constitution and there is no way to change that in the foreseeable future.
    ---
    German basic law. Article 16a
    [Right of asylum]
    (1) Persons persecuted on political grounds shall have the right of asylum.
    ---
    It's the result of WW2 when we learned that USA and other countries told fleeing jews on boats and trains "sorry, we don't take political refugees we suspect that you are spies" and forced them back to Nazi Germany where many ended in death camps.

https://thinkprogress.org/america-tu...82d#.elsk98tu7
    http://thechronicleherald.ca/novasco...ewish-refugees
    http://history-switzerland.geschicht...itzerland.html

So we added this to our constitution called Basic Law that the new Germany would not turn away people that need help. That's the reason it's so difficult for Germany to "close the door" like other EU countries like Hungary do.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-12-28 at 12:53 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    They are just bored kids playing pranks. Perhaps if we'd built more youth recreational facilities this wouldn't have happened. You also have to factor in the structural racism they have to endure on a daily basis. Perhaps this was just their way of acting out?

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    You're right, it's just so hard for me to resist the urge to set homeless people on fire as stated by the teachings on page number I pulled out of my asshole because this is not justifiable whatsoever.

I mean if you're going to get an erection in your haste to blame Islam, at the very least educate yourself on the actual good and bad stuff listed in it .
    Its astonishing to me how many folks think i was being sarcastic when i meant exactly what i said. If i was trying to be sarcastic i would have used the very same rolling eyes smiley you have..but meh, folks are so quick to roast others alive for the things they say here. /shrug
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stop discussing religion, please, especially as it has nothing to do with what happened here.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They were probaly drunk and not thinking straight.
    They don't drink, have you ever met one who does?

I hope the government deports these pricks.

When 7 Muslim refugees from syria light a homeless man in Germany on fire I think talking about Islam is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They don't drink, have you ever met one who does?

I hope the government deports these pricks.
    Refugees/Syrians/Muslims don't drink? That would be news to me. At least I have met some counter examples. But being drunk is not an excuse for this.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    When 7 Muslim refugees from syria light a homeless man in Germany on fire I think talking about Islam is fair game.
    I think admitting they aren't real refugees is fair game.

People like Cybran, when they get banned (He does get banned a lot).
    What do they do? Troll some other forum? Go on another account?

Seems so pointless.

It's also pointless.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tell you what. You go reading this and after that we will talk about the most likely underlying cause for violence against homeless people. Spoiler: It's not going to be Islam.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Yes and when 7 Christians do it, we talk about Christianity right? No we don't.

Now if those 7 refugees used religious symbols, ways of punishment or ways of death, then yes, we should discus Islam.

But in this specific case? Crazy people do crazy shit, doesn't matter if they are Islam, Hindu or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    One needs to put some sort of priority list into place first..

#1. They were 15 - 17 years old kids.
    Oh a lie. Color me surprised. Given age is actually between 15 and 21. And since most of these promising young gentlemen came without papers, that's what they told officials. It may be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    One needs to put some sort of priority list into place first..

#2. They were subjected to bad examples.
    #3. They were refugees
    #4. In the country between month and a couple years.
    That's shocking. Given these harrowing circumstances, it's obviously perfectly fine to burn helpless people.