Poll: How long should Nighthold remain the current raid?

How long should Nighthold last?

Nighthold is a new 10 boss raid expected to launch on January 17. Assuming that all goes to plan with this date, how long should Nighthold remain the current raid content before the raid in 7.2 is released?

Given that it is a 10 boss raid, I think that 5 months is a reasonable timeframe for the raid (~2 bosses a month). This is longer than how long Blackrock Foundry was out for, but not too much longer which I think is the perfect sweet spot. This would make the next raid about a mid-July release, which means that the first tier concludes almost a year after launch.

Given that there are still 2 more raid tiers ahead and we'd already be at almost the 1 year mark by that point, I think that there is no need to drag out the raid any longer than 5 months. 1st tier = concludes July 2017, 2nd tier concludes January 2018, 3rd tier concludes August 2018.
    Last edited by styil; 2016-12-28 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would personally think 6 months, maybe 6.5. Generally speaking, when the previous tier raids lasted for only 4-5 months, the end-tier lasted for year+. An extra month or two in the mid-raids will give the end tier less time to last, a good thing going by the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I would personally think 6 months, maybe 6.5. Generally speaking, when the previous tier raids lasted for only 4-5 months, the end-tier lasted for year+. An extra month or two in the mid-raids will give the end tier less time to last, a good thing going by the past.
    As I mentioned, we'd be around Legion's 1 year mark by the time this first tier is concluded. Given a 2 year expansion with 2 raid tiers left, that's 6 months a raid tier left. There really is no need to drag things out any longer.

World first? I guess a week or two... nothing new

Probably 6 months for nighthold till next angus patch?

Deleted
    Until the next raid

I voted 4.5 because we're a habitually seasonal species and they need a window to integrate PVP season with.

It probably can't really beat how long Siege of Orgrimmar lasted though.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    4 months+, highly tuned, 7.2 world content/flying could hit before the next raid releases.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapmastery View Post
    Probably 6 months for nighthold till next angus patch?
    Angus? Are we getting an all-Tauren patch? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Given that it is a 10 boss raid, I think that 5 months is a reasonable timeframe for the raid (~2 bosses a month). This is longer than how long Blackrock Foundry was out for, but not too much longer which I think is the perfect sweet spot. This would make the next raid about a mid-July release, which means that the first tier concludes almost a year after launch.
    Wouldn't 5 months make that mid June?

6 months with a mini raid 1-2 bosses at around the 4 month mark

I think Nighthold could last for 6 months, but 7.2 can't wait another 6 months, not even 3.

I think 3-4 months. The expansion has been out 4 months and theres still 3 more weeks until Nighthold. There's still Tomb of sargeras, then Argus which is the final raid? and i fully expect it to last 6+ months.

4 months and a half of EN/ToV + 4 of Nighthold + 4 or 5 of Tomb of Sargeras + 9 of Argus.

Deleted
    I expect 7.2 to Launch sometime around April-May. Tomb of Sargeras being available maybe 4 weeks after 7.2. We need to push back the broken isles Invasion, push forward onto the broken shore and break into the Tomb of Sargeras with some kind of pre-event. So Tomb Comes out sometime around May-June, which gives Nighthold a good 4-6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    6-8 months. Gives guilds a good amount of time to progress and then some time to farm

15+ Year Old Account
    Given it's a huge 10 boss raid featuring major lore vilian Gul'dan, I'd say give it at least 4-5 months. Plus as someone else said, if they want to keep this expansion rolling for two years, then they have to space tiers out properly. So maybe even 6 months.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durbi View Post
    Given it's a huge 10 boss raid featuring major lore vilian Gul'dan, I'd say give it at least 4
    Who said/retconned that 7.3 (Argus) is the last tier? Maybe they have something in store for us, just like how MoP we suddenly plottwisted into killing Garrosh.
    I remember a developer saying "We won't be expecting the last boss of this Expansion" and with 7.3 Argus we have a clue who our bosses could likely be, but if they suddenly dropped a patch 7.4 on us with a whole different direction, like killing Odyn (just for example), then that means we get the absolute "wtf?!" effect they had imagined.

Just saying this cause then it could indeed be 4-5 months instead of 6 months without having to extend a certain tier needlessly.

15+ Year Old Account
    It could be the case, but having 4 full raid tiers during an expansion would be very surprising, to me at least. But you never know with blizzard anymore.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is a minimum of 4 months, though I could see it going 6, or them throwing a mini raid in again like TOV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durbi View Post
    It could be the case, but having 4 full raid tiers during an expansion would be very surprising, to me at least. But you never know with blizzard anymore.
    Well both TBC and WotLK felt like they had 4 full raid tiers. Maybe we will see something similar as they intended Legion to being a bit of a "back to the roots" thing.

Or maybe they will just squeeze two sweet bigger raids into Argus instead of only one. Either way would make me happy.