Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "Republican-friendly expansion" Yeah, great way to rename "let's screw over and punish the poor even further!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the poor, who don't have money, are going to pay for a system that requires a lot of money. Holy shit, the people that thought of this are geniuses! Meanwhile the people with so much money are busy spending their money are important things like Gold toilets and Gold iPhones.

Support anti-aging technology so that we can put this kinda bullshit behind us. Cause aging is the reason why any of us get sick, except for accidents. And there's viruses and bacteria, but mostly aging. Cure it and we won't be so reliant on a failed health care system. Stop working with their rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    the-future-of-medicaid-may-be-found-in-Indiana-where-the-poor-pay

"Seema Verma, Trump's pick to run the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services...is a private consultant who was hired by Indiana Gov. and Vice President-elect Mike Pence to design a Republican-friendly expansion of Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.

The state paid her almost $5 million over four years through 2017, according to the contracts.

Indiana's program, which extended Medicaid to about 246,000 people who weren't eligible before, is infused with Verma's ideas of how to make poor people take responsibility for their health care.

Beneficiaries make monthly payments from $1 to about $27 into individual health savings accounts, and the state also contributes. That money can be used for doctor visits and prescriptions.

If beneficiaries get vaccines and other preventive care, they get a discount on their premiums the following year.

But they can also be penalized. People whose incomes are above the poverty line can be cut off for six months if they miss a payment. Those below the poverty line are knocked down to a plan with fewer benefits.

And if a patient unnecessarily goes to the emergency room, extra money comes out of the health savings account.

...Indiana wanted the penalties to be even harsher — a full year with no coverage for people who miss payments."

A full year with no coverage? Wow...

What a great idea to discourage that!!!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    What a great idea to discourage that!!!
    /s
    Poor people go to the emergency room in the US because the emergency room can't turn you away, it's free health care that the tax payers pay for.

And everything in the emergency room costs a 100 times what it does at a doctor's office.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

As someone who has worked in an ER the clause about unnecessary ER visits is music to my ears. Ppl who use the ER as a Drs office suck the resources dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Poor people go to the emergency room in the US because the emergency room can't turn you away, it's free health care that the tax payers pay for.

And everything in the emergency room costs a 100 times what it does at a doctor's office.
    Then fix it so the poor can just visit a doctor?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

"Seema Verma, Trump's pick to run the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services...is a private consultant who was hired by Indiana Gov. and Vice President-elect Mike Pence to design a Republican-friendly expansion of Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.

The state paid her almost $5 million over four years through 2017, according to the contracts.

Indiana's program, which extended Medicaid to about 246,000 people who weren't eligible before, is infused with Verma's ideas of how to make poor people take responsibility for their health care.

Beneficiaries make monthly payments from $1 to about $27 into individual health savings accounts, and the state also contributes. That money can be used for doctor visits and prescriptions.

If beneficiaries get vaccines and other preventive care, they get a discount on their premiums the following year.

But they can also be penalized. People whose incomes are above the poverty line can be cut off for six months if they miss a payment. Those below the poverty line are knocked down to a plan with fewer benefits.

And if a patient unnecessarily goes to the emergency room, extra money comes out of the health savings account.

...Indiana wanted the penalties to be even harsher — a full year with no coverage for people who miss payments."

The long term health and cost benefits to universal coverage have been systematically documented time and again. If the United States would pull it's head out of it's ass and stop letting the Party that hates people try to take care of them and design healthcare policy, we'd be fine.

Universal coverage for everyone. Period. Then the U.S. will stop being the only country besides North Korea and Cuba not to have it.

I mean why should you get free healthcare just because you want to be worthless and not work? I had to pay full price for insurance until Obama got ahold of it, it was affordable and good coverage, then Obamacare happened and my Insurance was going to cost $2000.00 per month... Fuck that, so I dropped it and haven't had coverage in 2 years. The yearly penalty has been less than 1 months premium, so If they really expect me to pay for everyone's health insurance then I better get excellent converge not 12k deductible.

NPR is a fake news site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I mean why should you get free healthcare just because you want to be worthless and not work? I had to pay full price for insurance until Obama got ahold of it, it was affordable and good coverage, then Obamacare happened and my Insurance was going to cost $2000.00 per month... Fuck that, so I dropped it and haven't had coverage in 2 years. The yearly penalty has been less than 1 months premium, so If they really expect me to pay for everyone's health insurance then I better get excellent converge not 12k deductible.
    Not all jobs pay enough to afford America's premiums, not to mention that under the old system you could be denied coverage with pre-existing conditions.

...Not to mention the small print.

Real life is starting to read like Johnathan Swift.

Deleted
    Beneficiaries make monthly payments from $1 to about $27 into individual health savings accounts, and the state also contributes
    How much does the state contribute and how much healthcare is that money plus the max 27 dollars gonna get you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Welcome to most red states. They do this shit constantly then want to call liberals and urban residents evil despite their city centers and states like California and New York bailing them out by paying for their social spending and infrastructure.
    Oh, so California debt problems are because of red states? So let me get this straight. Stupid red states blaming liberals. Blue states are failing because stupid red states. I'm also assuming Putin is behind all the bad things that happen in your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Oh, so California debt problems are because of red states? So let me get this straight. Stupid red states blaming liberals. Blue states are failing because stupid red states. I'm also assuming Putin is behind all the bad things that happen in your life?
    Curious as to where you are getting your info.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    How much does the state contribute and how much healthcare is that money plus the max 27 dollars gonna get you?
    I bet they'll give 3 dollars to make it an even 30. And alot of healthcare obviously! Just save long enough until that 30 becomes 10000+ So, in ~28 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    As someone who has worked in an ER the clause about unnecessary ER visits is music to my ears. Ppl who use the ER as a Drs office suck the resources dry.
    I really don't care, cause Doctors cost real money and send real bills. I have a friend who is slow and doesn't understand things and he's on medicaid. He smokes a fuck load, and had pain in his right side. I'm 5 minutes away from 3 hospitals, and I've taken him to two, into their ER. First ER dismissed him and prescribed him a cream. Second one said, "This isn't a Doctor's Office, we don't do check ups". At that point I told the person to at least look into it harder cause he chain smokes and it could be cancer in his lung. They did an X-Ray and sure enough, exactly what I said.

I know people that work in the ER are overworked and understaffed, but your job is to save lives, not to redirect people like customer service. If you want to take your frustration on something, complain about the healthcare system itself. I wouldn't have a problem taking my friend to a Doctor, if it wasn't always about seeing if the Doctor took his MediCaid. Cause they usually don't. Every Doctor I call has to make sure they take the insurance, and if they do it takes like a week just to go into the office. When you have a problem, you want it taken cared of immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Private insurers don't ultimately pay when the uninsured wind up in the hospital without insurance?

The government doesn't pay the hospital a portion owed to them through Disproportionate Share Hospital payments that would be paid by federal funds, a.k.a., taxes?

Hospitals don't go out of business and nearby hospitals definitely don't end up with the same patients spread among them to add to their own uninsured clientele?

Overall when hospitals raise their costs on the privately insured because of the uninsured that's really unavoidable and definitely the best way to conduct the entire situation?

Who doesn't think it's great to pay more in taxes, and pay exorbitant hospital fees, at the same time deductibles are going up? Can't fault politicians, though, they're just trying to figure out a system that will save immediate money no matter how much it costs all of us down the road.
    If you live in the fantasy world where everyone gets the same quality of medical care regardless of insurance coverage, then yes. In the real world they overcharge the shit out of those services barely rendered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    If you live in the fantasy world where everyone gets the same quality of medical care regardless of insurance coverage, then yes. In the real world they overcharge the shit out of those services barely rendered.
    So a fantasy world involves facts? Here I'll google for you. "who pays for uninsured hospital visit"

A few links popped up, clicked a couple and viola, information.

https://insight.kellogg.northwestern...ofit-hospitals
    http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...ed-hospital-s/
    http://healthcare.dmagazine.com/2015...fo-john-moore/
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7693848
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...al-bills_n.htm

I know Breitbart is the only source of facts nowadays for reality deniers, sorry they weren't one of the sources explaining how the already insured actually pay for hospital care of the uninsured.

But, yes I too enjoy paying for the uninsured, because politicians and citizens alike have a knee-jerk reaction of I don't want to pay money, and then we just end up paying more later.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-12-28 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Indiana seems desperate to race full speed ahead towards 3rd world shithole status.
    Only if youre someone with no personal responsibility and expect everyone else to give you handouts

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the best way to punish people for being delinquent on insurance payments? Make it so they have no insurance for a year! MWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA /s
    Jesus Christ, you have to wonder how many politicians are legally retarded.