10+ Year Old Account

Troubleshooting my build

Hi guys, hopefully someone can give me a few ideas of what I got going on and what could possibly be the culprit. I will list out what the build is and describe the problem I am having.

MSI Z878 M Power 1150
    I5 4670 K
    Avexir 4x4GB DDR3 2133 (PC 3 17000)
    Corsair AX1200i
    Corsair H100i
    MSI 780 Lightning
    Samsung SSD 840 pro 500gb
    Windows 7 Home

After putting the system together it posted fine with no problems, it posted during the prebuild as well with no problem. The problem is when I go to load Windows 7 it starts to load and says windows on the screen and it seems like it just gets stuck there. No errors or anything pops up etc, it just sits there stuck. I have tried swapping the ram around one stick, two stick, etc etc, I was reading up on it as much as I could. Would the hang possibly be caused by the ram being 2133 and it needing to be set down to 1600 in the bios before loading windows? The windows disc is basically new with no damage on it at all and was used once before this. I am kinda scratching my head trying to figure out what it could be and I am reaching out to get some other possible solutions, ideas, or suggestions. Please let me know if anyone has some input on this, its killing me having a nice pretty system setting there and not able to use it at all at the moment lol. Thanks for any help I really appreciate it !!
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Are you using a CD or off a usb stick to load windows? And are you able to go into the bios and mess around in there without it crashing?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a laptop and a USB drive try making USB install media.

Maybe try another disc drive if you have one.

Maybe a bad SATA port, so try swapping it to another port, either the DVD drive or the SSD.

How long did you wait for it while it was "stuck"? If you have a slow disc drive it could take quite a while to copy the files over.

10+ Year Old Account
    HI guys, thank you for the replies. I am using the disc I talked about in my post. Yes I am able to go into the bios etc and change things. I will try swapping the ports and doing it from a usb and see how that works out. I have tried another windows 7 disc and it was the same results. As far as waiting I let it sit overnight and it was the same result. TY for the suggestions I will let you know how it works out. Thanks!
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

If you can go around the bios its likely not a hardware issue, do temps look fine in there? Ya let us know how the USB stick works out.