Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I haven't got any on any of my characters, 3 level 110s. Though I'm not mad as I haven't done a lot of Mythics, so I'm assuming that's where you most likely get one.

Since you can only equip 2 legendary items, the total number received isn't that important. I'm sure everyone would much rather see the results to a poll along the lines off...

How many legendary items have you received that are beneficial to your role?(i.e. DPS role, received X legendary items with a DPS gain)

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HoboJoe View Post
    Since you can only equip 2 legendary items, the total number received isn't that important. I'm sure everyone would much rather see the results to a poll along the lines off...

How many legendary items have you received that are beneficial to your role?(i.e. DPS role, received X legendary items with a DPS gain)
    Agree , that would give intresting insight on what drops for what spec .
    Me personal had 2 drops on my main (dps) that contribute ZERO to my dps .
    So no epic feel for me when they dropped only dissapointment .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    It's pretty obvious that I would play the map that had more passion pumped into it. But that wasn't my point, though I said it pretty vaguely.

I'm gonna use a class example from a post I made a couple days ago, factoring in what GC said about people not always being 100% committed to the class they're assigned to. Maybe the person working on Mage decided to reroll Rogue. Maybe the Warlock designer only plays Destruction. Maybe the Hunter designer doesn't currently play WoW.
    But if the Mage designers (they don't have a single designer per class) hadn't played Mage in a while or ever, they will miss things about how the class plays. It's not always about numbers, it's also about feel. My Hunter main got shelved because I liked the feel of SV which went melee and didn't like the feel of MM... plus MM lost traps and pets. Now, sure, it put up great numbers.... but it wasn't FUN. Meanwhile my shadow priest was kind of fun... but the output sucked at 100 since the spec is now balanced around StM at 110.

It's VERY hard to get feel of a class without playing it. Do all designers on a class need to play or main that class? Nah. Does someone and ideally more than one person? Yeah, I think so. Not main necessarily, but they should have a feel for the changes they're asking us to deal with, especially when they do such big redesigns.

Poll feels a bit weird. I have 3 legendaries on my ret pala, waist, armguards and prydaz, *so* I switched to a BM hunter, and got Sephuz.

Yeah. So I do got 4, however the word "legendary" doesnt really apply

no hunter has ever asked for new shiny trap effects!

repair our class and not waist your time!

I have one legendary, and it's useless for my spec - I'm stuck with Sephuz's on my Resto Shaman. It's a PvP item, not a raid item, it offers zero usefulness aside from the Crit stat and socket, and feels utterly un-legendary. The only "legendary" aspect of it was the let-down of seeing what it was when I got it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter traps get new spell effects and no one gives a fuck.

Mage shields get new spell effects (and a nerf) and people flip their shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Why is "Not currently playing" even an option?
    Is that information somehow beneficial or helpful in analyzing the current percentile base of players that have accrued legendaries, even if it is unscientific?
    That way those that aren't playing don't just select "zero" when they are actually not playing at all and then skew the numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    I haven't got any on any of my characters, 3 level 110s. Though I'm not mad as I haven't done a lot of Mythics, so I'm assuming that's where you most likely get one.
    I'm sure that that is actually the case, but oddly enough, with all the Mythic+ that I do I haven't received any of my 3 Legendaries (split between 2 characters) in Mythic+ content. I have received both of my mains Legendaries in Emerald Nightmare, and my Alts Legendary came during a normal Mythic dungeon.

(I'm pretty confident I'm an outlier though.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I have one legendary, and it's useless for my spec - I'm stuck with Sephuz's on my Resto Shaman. It's a PvP item, not a raid item, it offers zero usefulness aside from the Crit stat and socket, and feels utterly un-legendary. The only "legendary" aspect of it was the let-down of seeing what it was when I got it.
    At the moment, yeah, but after 7.1.5 Wind Shear will become your friend. When you interrupt an enemy cast with it, that will fire it off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    That way those that aren't playing don't just select "zero" when they are actually not playing at all and then skew the numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure that that is actually the case, but oddly enough, with all the Mythic+ that I do I haven't received any of my 3 Legendaries (split between 2 characters) in Mythic+ content. I have received both of my mains Legendaries in Emerald Nightmare, and my Alts Legendary came during a normal Mythic dungeon.

(I'm pretty confident I'm an outlier though.)

- - - Updated - - -

At the moment, yeah, but after 7.1.5 Wind Shear will become your friend. When you interrupt an enemy cast with it, that will fire it off as well.
    There's an option to view results, neither of which prevents them from lying. Point is, why even bother? It skews the results to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    There's an option to view results, neither of which prevents them from lying. Point is, why even bother? It skews the results to begin with.
    Sure people can lie. No set of options or lack thereof is going to change that, but including "Zero, but not playing" gives the group of people that is responding to the poll the ability to accurately describe their situation.

Without it, that would artificially inflate the "Zero legendaries" group without giving context as to wether or not they are actively playing the game, and as such it would skew the results. There is no way that having the extra option skews results in any way shape or form, it only offers context. I seriously don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But if the Mage designers (they don't have a single designer per class) hadn't played Mage in a while or ever, they will miss things about how the class plays. It's not always about numbers, it's also about feel. My Hunter main got shelved because I liked the feel of SV which went melee and didn't like the feel of MM... plus MM lost traps and pets. Now, sure, it put up great numbers.... but it wasn't FUN. Meanwhile my shadow priest was kind of fun... but the output sucked at 100 since the spec is now balanced around StM at 110.

It's VERY hard to get feel of a class without playing it. Do all designers on a class need to play or main that class? Nah. Does someone and ideally more than one person? Yeah, I think so. Not main necessarily, but they should have a feel for the changes they're asking us to deal with, especially when they do such big redesigns.
    Exactly. Adversarial systems work very well because they utilise vested interests to their advantage.

What should happen is each dev should main a class or two but then be prevented from designing or proposing changes to said class. Instead, they should only have the power of negative feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    no hunter has ever asked for new shiny trap effects!

repair our class and not waist your time!

Agreed. Not sure why this particular part of the class was chosen to be "improved".