Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I don't think they will change the Mythic number next x-pac. It seems they are happy with it and I have not seen any suggestions on Blizz's side that they are even considering it.

I still think they should make it ten man. Here is why:

1) easier to build a team for guilds

2) the whole idea they floated that 20 would allow them to make use of each classes special abilities hasn't really panned out. I noticed it in one or two fights but most mythics are really the same as they were prior to the change in size. More health on the boss, more damage, one or two new abilities, rinse- repeat.

I still think they will just keep it 20, unless participation significantly drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspiral View Post
    I could see Blizz adding the Flexible raid type to Mythic raiding so it adapts, but other then that I wouldn't expect any changes to the raid size anytime soon
    If Mythic guilds are struggling as much as this thread reads, surely this is the only solution. It has some pluses: you could make heroics somewhere between Normal and heroic, and kill normal (accepting the evil of LFR) and then when the slightly better guilds finish heroic, they have the 3-4 Mythic bosses that they would probably be able to kill in the time allowed.

Removing a mode--"Normal"--might make the whole horrible mess something that could be balanced.

10 man mythics or gtfo

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel for people with shitty computers who can't participate in a 20 man raid. but 20 is small enough as it is when it comes to how many cooldowns you have avail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mythic 20man wil stay next expansion and the expansion after that, there are enough people to make them.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    But that's not what was written. The claim was mythic needs "exclusive content" to be more attractive. "Exclusive" means it excludes. That's the opposite of attractive.

If you meant it needs better rewards, but not more exclusivity, then yes that might make it more attractive. Making it easier would also make it more attractive.
    Sure making it easier would but that isn't the point of mythic raiding. The problem is that there isn't enough incentive to try it. The people who won't clear 7/7 m before the shiny special rewards go away will never step foot into mythic raiding because the effort isn't worth the reward. There should be various rewards at different bosses so that people have the incentive to progress as far as they can before they get removed. This will also allow players to get a feel for the difficulty and realize it isn't as scary or as hard as people make it out to be.

Take EN: Clear the first boss on mythic and you get some meager reward like a little pet, kill 2-3 more bosses and you get a title, clear the last boss and you get a mount and a better title. Maybe. I dunno I'm not a rewards guy. You get the point right? People might not care enough to go in and get the rewards but at least they will be there dangling like a little carrot that isn't too far out of reach. I don't think anybody who has never stepped foot into mythic cares about a title, achievement, and/or mount that only clearing the ENTIRE raid on mythic gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I don't think they will change the Mythic number next x-pac. It seems they are happy with it and I have not seen any suggestions on Blizz's side that they are even considering it.

I still think they should make it ten man. Here is why:

1) easier to build a team for guilds

2) the whole idea they floated that 20 would allow them to make use of each classes special abilities hasn't really panned out. I noticed it in one or two fights but most mythics are really the same as they were prior to the change in size. More health on the boss, more damage, one or two new abilities, rinse- repeat.

I still think they will just keep it 20, unless participation significantly drops.
    Blast Furnace, mind control?

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    10 is the worst size for mythic raiding. Cuts down the options for designers on what mechanics they can do as they cannot guarentee that a player ability would be there to help counter a mechanic. This is the reason that Heroic in the old days was terrible for 10 man. It was hard to balance it against a real raid size, 25. It was usually a walk in the park compared to 25 man but sometimes near impossible because some fights did not scale down very well.

Competitive 10 man raiding is dead and I am glad for it. It was the "competitive" raiding mode for the people not good enough to find themselves in a 25 man roster. People either need to move on or they need to take a look in a mirror and ask themselves why they are playing a game that no longer caters for them.
    I raided MoP, and it was pretty fair between 10 and 25, Amber shaper was a bitch on 10m, patchwerk on 25, meanwhile the opposite was true with the last boss of ToES Sha of Fear. 10 raiding was much easier though because it's 100x easier to get 10 commited/skilled players than it is to find 25 or 20, or 15.

I just wish 10 mythic was a thing, or heroic and get rid of the extra tier, 3 was enough

Lots of things in this thread, to include some straight up garbage, so I thought I would throw my garbage into the fight also.

Lets start with the FLEX Mythic Raiding Scenario/Dream(18-22, doesnt really matter):
    Cannot be done, opens to many avenues for bosses to be cheesed, unless Blizz somehow created a way to scale that four play by class/role. I.E. 3+ tanking bosses (shamans), bring extra DPS to zerg a phase(any fight) or extra healers to overcome a phase (Thok), or even less people if the fight is a don't fuck up mechanics fight (Impregnator). I do not see how it could be balanced fairly by how guilds could play the fight.

As much as I hate the demise of 10m hardmode raiding, going down to 16 or any other number (except 10m) does not help, as many people have stated. Everybody will have a preferred amount to raid with, I am no different, I loved healing 10m and 25m was lackluster, prior to the change, I'll explain why, I preferred 10m healing because I knew every member of my raid team, we had an abusive Catholic marriage, we knew each other so well and loved each other as much as we hated each other, we were a family and knew we would not be successful without each other. In 25m, its like being a Mormon, if I was unhappy with one of my wives,they could easily be replaced without much notice of a difference.

Nevertheless, I would love 10m Mythic to come back in the next expac, it is something that would get me back. Mechanics wise it would not be hard for Blizz to make happen, even numbers and all. And yes, obviously 10m and 20m would not be equal in what it takes to down a boss. But it gives players more of a choice, an abusive Catholic marriage or a sloppy Mormon life.

Why do these threads keep popping up? 20-player mythic is the future for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    10 man mythics or gtfo
    You are welcome to gtfo. 10 man mythic is not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a step in the wrong direction.

I still dream of 40 man raids again. I absolutely loved it even though it had some problems.

10-man raids are abominations.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

If Blizzard cared about their subscribers they would balance the raids so that ANY size would work and be able to compete with eachother. The 10man nutjobs would be happy and I would be happy with my 40man raids again

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You are welcome to gtfo. 10 man mythic is not happening.
    Neither is anything else than 20 man mythics. Still didn't stop this thread from happening.

Deleted
    Aren't the most common flex comps 2-3-9 and 2-2-10?

Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    Lets start with the FLEX Mythic Raiding Scenario/Dream(18-22, doesnt really matter):

Cannot be done, opens to many avenues for bosses to be cheesed, unless Blizz somehow created a way to scale that four play by class/role. I.E. 3+ tanking bosses (shamans), bring extra DPS to zerg a phase(any fight) or extra healers to overcome a phase (Thok), or even less people if the fight is a don't fuck up mechanics fight (Impregnator). I do not see how it could be balanced fairly by how guilds could play the fight.
    People already bring multiple tanks for some fights, people already drop healers for more dps on tight fights, or add a healer on a mechanic fight with a static 20m. So now that we've established this already exists and is used we can revisit the 18-22 flex being a viable alternative.

Its called the recruitment boss for a reason. Its a part of raiding to maintain a roster capable of raiding.

My dream is that all difficulties became like 8 man. I only like to raid with RL friends or online friends that i know really, really well. And believe me, they are reducing in number every year. We used to be like 10 RL friends + 3 who we got to know pretty well through the game. Of those 13 you know how many still play? 4 and of those 4 only 2 play the whole year.

You can say, "Go do Mythic +"...Mythic + Dungeons were a good idea and all but timers suck. Next expansion i would like dungeons to be again in normal, heroic and mythic but just make Mythic extremely hard like Mythic raids but with no timers.

Is 16-player Mythic the future for WoW?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Its called the recruitment boss for a reason. Its a part of raiding to maintain a roster capable of raiding.
    With that brilliant logic we could argue you support still using muskets to fight a war. It's part of war to have a musket.

The point is that things evolve, if there are viable solutions to making roster maintenance more efficient they should be investigated, just like weapons have evolved to be more efficient for those that use them. recruitment tools/measures can be improved for those that use them as well.