Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    and stuff like Rhyolith! :P

Idk, whenever they do really weird gimmick fights, seems like people tend to just hate them.
    Rhyo is definitely a case of it done horribly wrong, but I'd say the duds are worth the gems to me.

I get that some people might like the current format of raids better but I personally find it dull and predictable. Emerald Nightmare is second only to maybe Hellfire Citadel in safeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    To be honest, unlike what a few people have said here. I'd like the end boss to be over 10minutes. Mythic Cenarius was Ens "Hard boss" and that thing takes 4minutes now, it's just a let down lol.

Fights like Helya, that's where it's at.
    there's a big difference between 4 minutes and 12
    and cenarius was 7-8 minutes at least on first kills but more like 9

you can make fun fights and not make them overlong just look at blackhand or sinestra

generally if you can bloodlust twice on a fight then it's too long imho

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Variety is nice. Blizz is usually good about that. An opener that sets the tone without being a major choke point. A gear-check boss. Fights designed to challenge specific roles, whether that be tanks or healers or dps. Surely Night Hold will include at least one fight - probably more than one - that's heavy on magic damage so tanks can experiment with different trinkets and specs than their usual. And something for Gul'dan that feels truly viscerally satisfying. After that scene with Varian, having the final confrontation with Gul'dan be anything less would be a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

tbh, pug friendly mostly translates as "doesn't require teamwork or coordination".
    My favorite raids are those requiring teamwork and coordination.
    My favorite memories from WoW have been about progressing with my team.
    Maybe it means something different to you, but to me "pug friendly" sounds disappointing and lonely.
    I should mean less gimmicky, seems like those are the type of fight hard for pugs or fights where one person messing up can instant wipe like Iskar. I think I had more success with Archie in the end more than Iskar since once you outgear it by a lot it gets much easier whereas you cant really outgear failure at orb passing.

Also yeah those fights where someone needs to do the shitty job and no one wants to cos they get scared they will fail and get kicked. This is mostly for heroic and normal since i do pug it sometimes if my 2 day casual guild doesnt clear for the week for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Did you do hc while it was progress?

followup: were you a rogue/mage?
    HC /mythic first ID if i remember right since we killed the stupid warship on a satureday at 3am after a guild friend came back drunk from a party 'the reason why i remember that stupid id" si it was first or 2nd on hc , and yes sub rogue , we stacked mages and other classes with firelands legendary staff.

But it was still a more "fun" kind of encounter then lootship or the other crap fights like the pandaria thing with cages or hellfire event ^^

not saying it was a "good balanced" encouter but just saying for "ME" it was one of the funnyer encounters including ADDS
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2016-12-29 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    there's a big difference between 4 minutes and 12
    and cenarius was 7-8 minutes at least on first kills but more like 9

you can make fun fights and not make them overlong just look at blackhand or sinestra

generally if you can bloodlust twice on a fight then it's too long imho
    See to me, an end boss where you can bloodlust twice, is a good length. It is the end boss after all. It should take a long time to kill it. But a 10minute+ long fight, where one little mistake causes a wipe, I'm not a fan of. Really dislike the whole "one person, makes one little mistake, to any mechanic, and it's gg start again" or fights where the hardest part of the 10minute fight, is in the last 2minutes. Wiping feels like shit there, make the hardest part from like 4-6minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    There need to be more fights like the Faction Champions in the Trial of the Crusader.

odyn felt more like being in an arcade game than battling a sort of mythological norse god, just felt kinda silly with the DDR colors and glowy balls

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    no fights over 10 minutes

no fights where you fight more adds than bosses (IE ilgninoth/hellfire assault/spine of deathwing etc)

other than that i dont really care, just make them fun
    LOL Gul'Dan says hello
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Only regarding mythic: Kind of like cata rag 25hc - long fight, multiple dps checks, multiple things which can easily wipe u.

M+15 on tyranical the basic mechanics can 1 shot u.

Imagine if all spells on xavius or dragons mythic could 1shot u, that'd be a nice fight.

At least for mythic, I don't understand why they don't tune it for perfect execution - it's meant for very few ppl anyway, make each fight between 8 and 12 minutes, require perfect execution, dps checkpoints and a convoluted mechanic.