Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    I was having issue with it on Win10 even with the CD. IF I could get into the game it was ok, but I would crash numerous times trying to get in.
    Try Compatibility Mode and admin. Worked for me but of course might not. Try Windows XP first then 7 then 98/95.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Try Compatibility Mode and admin. Worked for me but of course might not. Try Windows XP first then 7 then 98/95.
    With this for system requirements:
    PC
    Pentium-60
    8MB RAM (16MB for Multiplayer)
    Windows 95
    SVGA Video Card
    Microsoft Compatible Mouse
    Double Speed CD-ROM

There isn't any reason to not setup a virtual box, hyper-v, etc system on current modern setup. Set it up and run the game that way really. But hey that might be beyond the average user.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    With this for system requirements:
    PC
    Pentium-60
    8MB RAM (16MB for Multiplayer)
    Windows 95
    SVGA Video Card
    Microsoft Compatible Mouse
    Double Speed CD-ROM

There isn't any reason to not setup a virtual box, hyper-v, etc system on current modern setup. Set it up and run the game that way really. But hey that might be beyond the average user.
    I was just saying what worked for me is all. But my god SVGA and Pentium 60. I feel old.

No treasure goblins in WOW makes me a sad panda.... and it was one of the features back in alpha... fml

I was just saying what worked for me is all. But my god SVGA and Pentium 60. I feel old.
    Me too, like really old. Played Diablo on my 486 DX 66 back then with a Trident Graphics Cards and 256 KB RAM. With a 14" CRT.... and a 480 MB HDD.
    And a fucking Mitsubishi (at least I remember it was a Mitsubishi) 2x CDROM with an IDE <> ISA adapter card.

Changed that a bit after to a P90 with a mirror video 2 mb card, but still.... thats like aeons ago.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Me too, like really old. Played Diablo on my 486 DX 66 back then with a Trident Graphics Cards and 256 KB RAM. With a 14" CRT.... and a 480 MB HDD.
    And a fucking Mitsubishi (at least I remember it was a Mitsubishi) 2x CDROM with an IDE <> ISA adapter card.

Changed that a bit after to a P90 with a mirror video 2 mb card, but still.... thats like aeons ago.
    I also had a Trident card in my p166, that thing was a beast! Sadly I was on 28.8, but I think my rom was 4x, pretty expensive, I bought it when I was 17 price tag was 2,001 dollars after taxes.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I was that dumb shit who's parents bought him a 3DFX Voodoo. Not sure but before that I think the PC that was gifted to me had a RIVA 128 but this was in 1999 and I was like 6.

Never played Diablo games :/ even got it for free with that one year membership package in cataclysm. Is it worth a playthrough?

The poll could use an "All of the above" choice.

20 years? This just makes me feel old...

I can't wait for the Diablo MMO or persistant world. Sick of playing with cry babies complaining about Diablos influence of WoW when it has done nothing but make the game better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    I can't wait for the Diablo MMO or persistant world. Sick of playing with cry babies complaining about Diablos influence of WoW when it has done nothing but make the game better.
    Any proves for you claims? Since the forums are outraged after all the Diablo shit in WoW currently. If anything, this endless item grind with a very low chance for an upgrade certainly didnt make the game better. All it does is make Blizzard more money.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Any proves for you claims? Since the forums are outraged after all the Diablo shit in WoW currently. If anything, this endless item grind with a very low chance for an upgrade certainly didnt make the game better. All it does is make Blizzard more money.
    My opinion is it's better.

Your opinion is it's not.

These forums mean nothing. They are just like the Bnet forums. Only cry babies hang out there looking for something to scream about.

Remember the whole Squelching uproar in the forums? Yeah, it was just noise by the forum community simply to make noise about something. That system is still in place and you don't hear a word about it.

Using the forum "popular" opinion is laughable since a majority of these forum trolls are addicted to drama.

These forums mean nothing. They are just like the Bnet forums. Only cry babies hang out there looking for something to scream about.

Remember the whole Squelching uproar in the forums? Yeah, it was just noise by the forum community simply to make noise about something. That system is still in place and you don't hear a word about it.

Using the forum "popular" opinion is laughable since a majority of these forum trolls are addicted to drama.
    Yeah god forbid people criticising aspects of the game they don't like is "trolling". God forbid people hate a system based on RNG and end up getting shit legendaries that aren't even useful as stat sticks.

Deleted

Squelching? Squishing you mean. It was affect by the community cry out, as in it no longer restricting soloing of old content. And I also remember positive forum outcries like battle.net displaying your real name (WotLK), group looting & flight (WoD) which changed the game for the better where Blizzards design/intent failed horribly.

If you dont understand what people are upset about or if doesnt affect you in the first place, then why comment? This game would be nothing without its community. Even big names like Jeff Kaplan (Lead Game Designer on WoW and Overwatch) cried and even insulted the devs of the game they played prior to creating WoW.

Yeah god forbid people criticising aspects of the game they don't like is "trolling". God forbid people hate a system based on RNG and end up getting shit legendaries that aren't even useful as stat sticks.
    The problem is you the think "people" means a vast majority of people based off complaints on a forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Squelching? Squishing you mean.
    No... I mean Squelching. Silencing via reporting players for spamming.

Deleted
    The problem is you the think "people" means a vast majority of people based off complaints on a forum.

- - - Updated - - -

No... I mean Squelching. Silencing via reporting players for spamming.
    Still, no one cares. Feedback, communication, crying or whatever you call it is all valid. Hence they even have forums and people are paid to collect such information.

And like I told you before, just google "Jeff Kaplan Everquest rent".

Still, no one cares. Feedback, communication, crying or whatever you call it is all valid. Hence they even have forums and people are paid to collect such information.

And like I told you before, just google "Jeff Kaplan Everquest rent".
    Dude Kaplan was one of the reason EQ went down the way it did. He threatened the Devs that he would go to another game (along with his guild and followers) if they didn't produce content at the rate he wanted.

He is exactly the point I am trying to make. He and his buddies were the top players and also a very small % of players that were actually involved with EQ endgame that cried of the forums because the Devs didnt cater to their special snowflake needs. And they absolutely ruined that game.

Thanks for proving my point.

Deleted
    Dude Kaplan was one of the reason EQ went down the way it did. He threatened the Devs that he would go to another game (along with his guild and followers) if they didn't produce content at the rate he wanted.

He is exactly the point I am trying to make. He and his buddies were the top players and also a very small % of players that were actually involved with EQ endgame that cried of the forums because the Devs didnt cater to their special snowflake needs. And they absolutely ruined that game.

Thanks for proving my point.
    Not really, since MMOs back then werent about "special snowflakes". Only the hardcore played them anyways. It was WoW which introduced the genre to a broad audience. Now they try to milk the cow with hack&slash features on top of adding useless time gates on everything.

Not really, since MMOs back then werent about "special snowflakes". Only the hardcore played them anyways. It was WoW which introduced the genre to a broad audience. Now they try to milk the cow with hack&slash features on top of adding useless time gates on everything.
    Lol quite the assumption and 100% incorrect.

Haha thanks for the laugh and pathetic attempt to justify your nonsense.