GTX 1070 laptop benchmark concerns

Hello,

I have a AW 17 R4 with GTX 1070 and i7 7700HQ - 16GB Ram.

I've been running Fire Strike over and over trying to increase score with OC using MSI afterburner. I seem to cap out at around 14000 score. I've pushed the memory clock to +350 Core clock to +175ish. Temps are stable around 70 degrees cel on CPU and 58ish on GPU. I see the average score is about 14500 with people OC-ing but not to the extent that I am. Am i doing something wrong?

BTW, does OC-ing the GPU still reduce the lifespan even if temps are low? I'm not saying 58 is low but... its not scary high either.
    Last edited by bamf775; 2017-09-22 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    BTW, does OC-ing the GPU still reduce the lifespan even if temps are low? I'm not saying 58 is low but... its not scary high either.
    Lifespan of your hardware is a function of voltage, heat + what you do with it, it is just physics. No getting around that, keep them all as low as possible. Maybe not that last part, that means not using your GPU lol. However, in practice if you don't mind vsync that will reduce your GPU load and theoretically save it.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    58 on a laptop GPU is somewhere in the ballpark of "doing nothing" (or one hell of a high flow cooling design)

The 1060 i have in my laptop can pretty regularly hit 80C under use
    Last edited by abracmike; 2017-09-22 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.