Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What if old raids dropped a little artifact power?

Transmog is something 99% of players do in this game so what if we were able to go to old raids with a few friends on a transmog run or to experience an old raid whatever, and the bosses dropped a little ability power? I'd like to consider myself a "hardcore" player (7/7m 2/3M 200 attempts into helya 51 traits respectively) and i don't really see anything wrong with this its appealing to casuals and hardcore.

The biggest problem for me is how you "grind" the artifact power. Yeah i can get 800k ability hr/ spamming maw but if I can get 200-300k AP an hr on a transmog run thats much more appealing to me and i'm actually enjoying it creating new transmogs. I've been doing like 20-30 maw runs a day for about a week now in prep for 7.2 and its getting extremely boring but i'm pushing through it in hopes 7.2 will reward me in "fun" for my efforts.

Also i'd like to add I know this is something Blizzard would literally NEVER add but if by some miracle they did i'm wondering how people would feel about it?

"I have to grind 10 raids a week for my guilds EN HC runs"

Don't really mind it either way tbh, stopped caring about AP after trait 35.

I think the game could definitely stand to have more options for players to gain AP, especially if something like AP is going to exist in future expansions. Old raids giving a token amount of AP or Order Hall Resources would be nice little bonus for people who enjoy clearing that stuff.

I wouldn't mind any alternative to carrying terribads for ap could even be a kirin tor quest raid at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    because then people would game the system, the more options they add in, the more ways people find to abuse certin methods

you might aswell go
    "hey lets make old raids have a chance to drop current legendaries? what could ever go wrong"

also where did you get "99%" your ass? cause alot of players dont "do transmog"
    yes 99% of players USE transmog, as in they use it, but not 99% of players farm old raids for gear to fill up their mogs... most people just use a set they got from back in the day, or do 2-3 runs then never run old raids again
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-12-30 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Great idea, let's add another reason for people to whine about how "I have to do this and this to stay competitive despite only wanting that!!!!"...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea a lot. As soon as I get the current tier of raiding done for the week, I am off to solo most of the old raids for the remaining time until reset.

Blizz has ZERO reason to do something like this, they want you in new content more than old

The way Blizz originally worded it, made it sound like you could, but alas, you cannot. Not that big a deal tho....as im not even trying to farm AP and have already attained all artifact traits.

Soon as 7.15 hits AP is made much easier.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Old content is easier to bot and you don't want people to have their brother Chris grinding AP overnight

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound as if legacy content isn't getting any attention, as if transmog gear, achieves, mounts and pets and a bit of gold aren't enough reasons to go back to Vanilla/BC/Wrath/Cata/MoP/WoD.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    You sound as if legacy content isn't getting any attention, as if transmog gear, achieves, mounts and pets and a bit of gold aren't enough reasons to go back to Vanilla/BC/Wrath/Cata/MoP/WoD.
    him and adam need to fill their pointless thread qouta

notice the posts i have, i have started 19 threads, this dude here (i see him alot) has made 144 pointless threads, that means he makes so many threads, that he only puts about less then 8 posts in each (that considering if he doesent post anywhere else)
    and adam has made a thread basicly every day the last month about how "horrible the game is"

so its alot more "EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME" threads...

im just pointing it out because i see alot of threads from these two, that are just horrible garbage...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    him and adam need to fill their pointless thread qouta

notice the posts i have, i have started 19 threads, this dude here (i see him alot) has made 144 pointless threads, that means he makes so many threads, that he only puts about less then 8 posts in each (that considering if he doesent post anywhere else)
    and adam has made a thread basicly every day the last month about how "horrible the game is"

so its alot more "EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME" threads...

im just pointing it out because i see alot of threads from these two, that are just horrible garbage...
    I appreciate your feedback i'll try to step up the quality of my threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    "I have to grind 10 raids a week for my guilds EN HC runs"

Don't really mind it either way tbh, stopped caring about AP after trait 35.
    Yep. This is why we can't have nice things. Or any things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    I appreciate your feedback i'll try to step up the quality of my threads
    yeah you seem to make alot of "i want the game to be easier" threads like this one, world quests completed by order hall missions, warforged and titanforged based off ilvl

"I have to clear all the old raids every week to stay competitive!!!!!"

/s

It might not be bad if it was a world quest like thing that popped up once or twice a week to go into an old raid and maybe kill a certain boss for a quick reward. Makes it optional enough that if you want to ignore it than no biggie, if you go for absolute everything it isn't an insane time sink, and if you like old raids to be rewarding for something from time to time you got it availiable.

"99% of all payers do transmog stuff"? where did u get this number from? i got the set i wanted form random stuff if i do old raids its for mounts if uit droped ap also thats nice but stop pulling numbers out ur ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, you're doing those old raids for cosmetic rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    id rather more order hall resource options than AP