10+ Year Old Account

What is the point of competitive?

i have seen people try harder and had more intense matches in quickplay. for every 5 groups i play with only 1 is actually serious

what gives?

Deleted
    Welcome to modern day gaming.

Sadly, there is no system to measure peoples ability to cooperate or pick the right hero.

Deleted
    Creamy your butt avatar was much better tbh.

What rank are you in competitive ?

Because currently I am at 2800-ish platinum, and 4 out of 5 matches are really intense back and forth, and that 5th time my team gets obliterated.

As to what's the point of competitive ..... e-peen ? Shiny digital rewards ? It's like raiding in WoW, except you can see your rank to see how well you've been doing compared to others.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    idk what the hell is up i did placement matches and the dps dont even do damage at 1800

im like 1680 now i was hoping to increase rank bc i might get teammates with some common sense in QP but this is just hopeless. i just did a match with a guy who was platinum and said he was wasted and i got silver damage trying to kill a bastion all game lol

some games you mess up and they were good but you wish your teammates would have said more. i dont mind those games even if you do lose because it leaves you contemplative on what you need to improve on but gee whiz so many people in this queue and the games you play are a joke

i just can't wrap my head around it =|

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    What rank are you in competitive ?
    i was gold but now i am silver lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I am a silver rank, and pretty much my matches have been more intense than the quick play ... I have noticed more people focusing on the objective in the mode rather than quick play. In quick play, people I play with tend to go for kills rather than the objective ... good job you got 30+ kills, but we lost because you didn't get on the damn point! In competitive, people I play with tend to be more objective focus and more willing to play healer.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2016-12-30 at 11:38 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    i tried to play healer once

my team just ran into objective and got chunked 1 by 1 and kept suiciding the entire game was like 5 minutes long =\

Well ..... I almost always play Lucio in ranked ...... someone usually picks a second healer. Never liked Ana, as Mercy or Zen it's like I have a big neon sign saying "I AM HERE, KILL ME" - people always target me. If someone else picks Lucio ..... I go for D.Va if possible. Or Rein.

I won 50% of my placement matches both seasons, and it always placed me rather high in the ranks. Maybe I've avoided losing too many ranks because I was playing Lucio

At higher ranks people usually hide behind corners/walls when on low health and call for heals.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Play competitive with 1 friend if you just care about having better matches.

If your goal is the highest possible rank you can achieve, get really good and go solo.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Well ..... I almost always play Lucio in ranked ...... someone usually picks a second healer. Never liked Ana, as Mercy or Zen it's like I have a big neon sign saying "I AM HERE, KILL ME" - people always target me. If someone else picks Lucio ..... I go for D.Va if possible. Or Rein.

I won 50% of my placement matches both seasons, and it always placed me rather high in the ranks. Maybe I've avoided losing too many ranks because I was playing Lucio

At higher ranks people usually hide behind corners/walls when on low health and call for heals.
    7/10 of my placement matches someone left, 4 of them was my team. And actually 1 match was actually a good match. Placed in silver... then i had a match with a grp of 4 or 5, can not remember. And we lost so hard, I had all gold medals and even heal gold medal as Soldier... because I was in a match with 4 people in a grp who all were very bad. I mean, how am I supposed to go up in ranking after such chaotic placement matches and such dumb matchmaking failures? You can not carry that shit, there is no way. You will still be just 16,666% of the team, no matter what. So the only ways you can go up, is doing mass games, to compensate for bad matchmaking and to get out of the lower ranks. Or play with team mates in a grp all the time, who are at least on the same level as myself. Both is just dumb , if you want to play solo...

I thought MOBA games are bad because of the matchmaking failure shit, but Overwatch is even worse. I think I have to accept that those games only make sense as a team in a grp. For solo it is absolute garbage.
    The point is, when you are used to beeing good at most games, like i was highest league/division in Starcraft2 etc. because it is a 1on1 game. And I am 100% of the team. But can not do shit in any other game where I am matched with people who can not even hold their mouse the right way. It is totally frustrating for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    7/10 of my placement matches someone left, 4 of them was my team. And actually 1 match was actually a good match. Placed in silver... then i had a match with a grp of 4 or 5, can not remember. And we lost so hard, I had all gold medals and even heal gold medal as Soldier... because I was in a match with 4 people in a grp who all were very bad. I mean, how am I supposed to go up in ranking after such chaotic placement matches and such dumb matchmaking failures? You can not carry that shit, there is no way. You will still be just 16,666% of the team, no matter what. So the only ways you can go up, is doing mass games, to compensate for bad matchmaking and to get out of the lower ranks. Or play with team mates in a grp all the time, who are at least on the same level as myself. Both is just dumb , if you want to play solo...

I thought MOBA games are bad because of the matchmaking failure shit, but Overwatch is even worse. I think I have to accept that those games only make sense as a team in a grp. For solo it is absolute garbage.
    The point is, when you are used to beeing good at most games, like i was highest league/division in Starcraft2 etc. because it is a 1on1 game. And I am 100% of the team. But can not do shit in any other game where I am matched with people who can not even hold their mouse the right way. It is totally frustrating for sure...
    At some point you need to accept you're in the MMR bracket you belong to and you you just need to get better to advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's painful to play it. I have become a worse human being from it, wishing pain and even for people to kill themselves. But seriously, the stupidity I see from some people makes me so angry I don't know how else to express myself.

Blizzard failed so hard in this. There need to be some kind of TRIAL to play this, where you must pass certain tests to become a certain rank, and not just a regular MM system, because it is so broken.

Now I have given up, it's litterally impossible to get above 2500 solo queue and I don't want a heartattack trying. When I get my first gold weapon I will never touch it again.

If you play enough matches you'll get to where you're supposed to be. A friend and I have both been going solo, both starting around 1800 and both around the 3000 mark. Don't blame your teammates for every match, try either leading them in a friendly matter, or just do your own thing and get a lot of kills. If you're supposed to be in a higher bracket you can outskill most players, even with questionable aim.

As for why I play competitive. When I'm in quickplay people do whatever they want. When I'm in competitive you'll hear people coordinating. You'll see an ana boosting a soldier whose used his ultimate, forcing the team back around a corner where someone else is already waiting. Instead of just the zarya wombo combo you see everyone doing it every push. Every game is intense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Now I have given up, it's litterally impossible to get above 2500 solo queue and I don't want a heartattack trying. When I get my first gold weapon I will never touch it again.
    That's just plain wrong. Anyone (who deserves to) can climb out of 2500. The more you play, the more the MM events out the Junkrat mains etc. in your games between your and enemy team. If you play better than your current level, in time you will climb higher and higher. The whole system relies on playing as much as possible to rule out those random Junkrat mains from causing your to lose games. One night you lose 5 games because you get idiots in your team, next night you win 5 games because of those same idiots ending up in enemy team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Play a more carry orientated char, the grind out of gold is real. Solid picks for this are Tanks really with a preference towards Roadhog as turning a fight into a 6v5 by picking as Roadhog can easily make you win team fights without needing to Ult stack.
    the last time i played roadhog i kept hooking ana she wouldn't die when i shot her and my team wouldn't kill her ^____^

plus people will whine at/not work with you if you dont pick a meta hero for a meta they don't even have the skill to organize. it's just skilless plebs clinging to it because tanks have enough leeway to let them make their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    the last time i played roadhog i kept hooking ana she wouldn't die when i shot her and my team wouldn't kill her ^____^

plus people will whine at/not work with you if you dont pick a meta hero for a meta they don't even have the skill to organize. it's just skilless plebs clinging to it because tanks have enough leeway to let them make their mistakes.
    Ana's a special case for Roadhog. Her hitbox is too small for the hook-shoot-melee combo to kill her from full health, so you have to do this weird thing where you hook her, turn 90 degrees, then turn back because that brings her closer to you.