[Resto] Question Regarding Tranquility

Howdy,

To preface this i don't main druid but i have recently leveled one to 110 and was considering gearing it for progression.So i main an Resto Shammy but i was looking at top parses for all healers for mythic Odyn to try and see where i can improve.

I noticed that pretty much all of the top druids are somehow getting 20 casts of tranquility on mythic odyn. How is this possible? I understand you can spec into inner peace to reduce the CD but it still appears mathematically impossible. Here's a log of what i'm referring to.

Just kidding i tried to post a link to warcraft logs showing this. Apparently i'm not allowed to post links yet. Maybe i can comment a link. Nope, cant reply with a link either. To guide someone to a log go to warcraftlogs--> mythic odyn statistics--> player healing--> check top druid parses. Sorry i cant post links.

That fight lasts about 7:30. so thats 450 seconds. 450seconds/20casts = 22.5. So that's a tranquility used every 22.5 seconds somehow. With inner peace the CD on tranq is 2 minutes. That means even if you casted tranq on pull you should have somewhere around 3-4 max casts. I do not believe that haste can account for the rest of the time.

I'm assuming this just something in the way warcraft logs records "casts" of tranq? or is there something i'm misunderstanding?

Also as a secondary question i have a druid alt at 110 and just got pretty lucky in getting the legendary boots. Considering gearing him up. Are the boots considered a decent legendary for Resto? I assume i would want the ring but the boots feel pretty strong as well. Thanks for any help. I love you guys.
    Last edited by SpiffyGriffy; 2016-12-30 at 02:42 PM. Reason: additional info

Deleted
    Yes warcraft logs seems to record a single tranq cast as 5. Just look at the tranq timeline on the fight and count the peaks to calculate the actual number.

I have the tranq boots, they are definitely considered decent for progression. Honestly there are no game breaking legendaries for us, many are situationally good.
    Last edited by mmoc886b9e4318; 2016-12-30 at 03:32 PM.

While you "channel" tranquility, it "casts" the raidwide heal 5 times. Hence in the logs it doesn't record 1 channel, it records 5 casts for each "use" of tranquility.

Yeah the boots are ok, obviously better during progression when things are hitting your raid for larger %'s of health.

Tranq used every 22.5 seconds, i wish we would be so broken lol.

warcraft logs seems to record every tick of tranquility as an individual cast, though this doesn't seem consistent because your 'casts' aren't always round multiples of five. If you want to see how many actual uses they got you can look at the graph of hps vs time and find the spikes.

the tearstone is our BiS for raiding but the boots are pretty strong when circumstances let you utilize them. On lots of fights you wind up using tranq to heal a bunch of people from 70 - 100% though, and they obviously aren't helping you there.