Deleted

Lightbulb Want to know if this laptop can run WoW (and how well/bad)

Hi everyone and happy holidays!

My friend wants to buy a new pc so we can play WoW together ^^ we wanted to know if we can run WoW on this device and how well it can perform. (fps on lowest/recommended/high graphics)

Dell Inspiron 5567 (i5-7200U/4GB/500GB/Radeon R7 M445/Linux) this is the laptop. we'll replace linux with windows 7 or 10!
    skroutz.gr/s/10608925/Dell-Inspiron-5567-i5-7200U-4GB-500GB-Radeon-R7-M445-Linux.html#specs (you can see all characteristics in the middle of this link sorry that it's in greek. should be easy to make out what everything is)

i'm going to start answering the questions form this topic mmo-champion.com/threads/985600-Want-help-with-your-build-Read-me!
    while it refers to a normal computer and not a laptop im going to do them anyway.

1)our budget is 500-530 euros at the moment and that is the most we can provide. maybe 510-550 but thats it :/
    2) resolution is 1366x768
    3) we mostly play world of warcraft and league of legends. i guess medium graphics (or even low) should be fine for both games.
    4)we arent using them for any other purposes
    5)we live in greece

we're open to laptop suggestions that aren't exceeding our budget ^^ we actually selected this laptop because it had the best characteristics among the 500-600 laptops on skroutz.gr/ which is a website to look for technical stuff ^^(we thought :P)

( quickly going through the laptops most impostant characteristics):
    CPU Intel core i5 7200U 2.5 GHz
    RAM 4GB (we will ad another 4 i think if we get this)
    Resolution 1366x768
    GPU AMD Radeon R7 M445 2064MB memory (no shared menory) [we're worried about the graphics card cuz some ppl told us its a bit old]

we'd love to know at what fps we'll be able to play for example on the lowest settings(WoW) or the medium settings.

thank you everyone, happy holidays and a happy new year

P.S.to be honest we're terrible at technical stuff so any feedback is appreciated guys... <3

Try and find something with an nvidia graphics chip, 950m would be ideal but a 940mx would be passable and better than that radeon chip for WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Better laptop for the money:
    http://www.skroutz.gr/s/9776762/Acer...FHD-Linux.html

There is also this that comes with windows but has a slower CPU:
    http://www.skroutz.gr/s/10488488/Ace...X-FHD-W10.html

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply!
    We have read tho that WoW relies most on CPU than GPU and that's why we looked for something to have a better CPU. What do you think?

I have no idea what I'm talking about so i guess I'm wrong but oh well :P
    EDIT: I am using a lenovo G700 that has an i7(don't remember exactly) and a GeForce 720M and i can play with recommended settings (5)
    Last edited by mmoccfc441e31b; 2016-12-30 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneIndian View Post
    Thanks for the reply!
    We have read tho that WoW relies most on CPU than GPU and that's why we looked for something to have a better CPU. What do you think?

I have no idea what I'm talking about so i guess I'm wrong but oh well :P
    EDIT: I am using a lenovo G700 that has an i7(don't remember exactly) and a GeForce 720M and i can play with recommended settings (5)
    That is true but WoW only uses up to 4 cores, but most of the time it uses 1-2. This is why a i3 at higher clockrates will play better than a slower i5. But on top of this WoW's engine has an affinity for nvidia graphics chips, check out this recent benchmark:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ti,4787-5.html

Those are desktop graphics cards but as you see in the WoW benchmark the gtx 1050 is 59% faster than AMD's price competitve offering the rx460. I am 100% sure the i3-6100 with 940mx machine i linked above will play WoW better than the one you found with the i5 and amd graphics. Even tho the i5-7200u clocks higher than the i3-6100u the nvidia graphics chip will make up more in terms of FPS than the AMD machine.

Ideally tho you could save up and get this:
    http://www.skroutz.gr/s/10742675/Ace...FHD-Linux.html

This has the i5 and gtx 950m, and would last you for a much longer period of time before upgrading. Even if you had to finance or get a small loan from someone, this machine is really the one i recommend.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-12-30 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks again! We'll keep your advice in mind ^^ I'll post more questions tomorrow maybe :P