Deleted

Deathknight and Aran Trinket (Flamewreathe)

After first time encountering a Bear Tank with Aran's Crystal and seeing the obscene damage output it contributed on trash I have been trying to get my hands on it. Unfortunately it is near impossible since it is not on our loot table and when it drops people don't want to give it up.

My assumption is that this trinket is BIS in Myth+ and any AOE-heavy content for both Blood and Frost and I guess maybe Unholy too?

It proccs of ranged spells so I supposed we can proc it consistently with Bloodboil, Death and Decay, Howling Blast..

Anyone have it and can share the experience?

It has a greatly reduced proc chance from melee attacks/abilities.

The reason its still good for the Bear tank is their usage of moonfire (spell/ranged attack) triggers the proc much more often, and bears tend to have a fair amount of versatility (which increases the damage of the proc)

Not sure how well DK abilities are at triggering it (Howling Blast and Death Coil should for sure...D&D and Blood boil would be more questionable imo)

But yeah, getting your hands on one wont be easy unless ur farming it with a guild group where none of the casters need/want it

Needs to be nerfed honestly. No trinket should be people's #1 source of damage on aoe.

Quizzle, from my testing it is good for large aoe trash in mythic+ as frost, but for everything else you need to switch off it.
    - Frost it procs off all skills, it can proc off obliterate (might've been razorice). Usually procs once every ~25sec
    - Blood only procs off BB and DnD, usually does around 2% of your dmg.
    - Unholy, haven't tested

*860 trinket with chest

Deleted
    if it procs of DND and BB it should do significantly more than 2% of your dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    It has a greatly reduced proc chance from melee attacks/abilities.

The reason its still good for the Bear tank is their usage of moonfire (spell/ranged attack) triggers the proc much more often, and bears tend to have a fair amount of versatility (which increases the damage of the proc)

Not sure how well DK abilities are at triggering it (Howling Blast and Death Coil should for sure...D&D and Blood boil would be more questionable imo)

But yeah, getting your hands on one wont be easy unless ur farming it with a guild group where none of the casters need/want it
    No, it just straight up doesn't proc off melee abilities. In addition to that, they nerfed the procrate across the board for melee specs(but apparently not tanks), regardless of what causes the proc. The things that allow melee specs to proc it are spells(Moonfire etc) and DoTs(because the trinket procs off periodic damage, regardless of what "kind")
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akusa202 View Post
    Needs to be nerfed honestly. No trinket should be people's #1 source of damage on aoe.
    Why not? It's only good for certain fights and they have nerfed it's ppm for single target. Let fire mages that don't get good legendaries have some fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    if it procs of DND and BB it should do significantly more than 2% of your dmg.
    That's huge assumption there. It obviously depends how high your damage is and how long the fight is.

This trinket is very good on classes that can either proc it reliably or have no AoE burst. Which is why seeing it proc on a bear tank whose cleave is mostly sustained it will dominate the numbers for AoE fight where adds die fast. While the trinket in-itself is quite strong putting it on a strong AoE/Burst AoE class (UH/Frost) that is not ranged will more often than not produce worse results than a trinket that scales with their entire kit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    That's huge assumption there. It obviously depends how high your damage is and how long the fight is.

This trinket is very good on classes that can either proc it reliably or have no AoE burst. Which is why seeing it proc on a bear tank whose cleave is mostly sustained it will dominate the numbers for AoE fight where adds die fast. While the trinket in-itself is quite strong putting it on a strong AoE/Burst AoE class (UH/Frost) that is not ranged will more often than not produce worse results than a trinket that scales with their entire kit.
    Ok so a proc depends on how long the fight is. And the world is round. I don't see how this adds to the discussion. It is pretty much true for all trinkets that are not stat sticks.

Deleted
    Ok so a proc depends on how long the fight is. And the world is round. I don't see how this adds to the discussion. It is pretty much true for all trinkets that are not stat sticks.
    It's actually very similar and not much different by your claim that it would do "much more than 2%". It would be very hard to reach above 9% in a overall dungeon setting (Which is a huge number for trinket though) but with Frost/UH sustained cleave it would be just a fart in the ocean. Even that 2% would be hard to reach.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    It's actually very similar and not much different by your claim that it would do "much more than 2%". It would be very hard to reach above 9% in a overall dungeon setting (Which is a huge number for trinket though) but with Frost/UH sustained cleave it would be just a fart in the ocean. Even that 2% would be hard to reach.
    We are talking about blood here.

Deleted
    We are talking about blood here.
    I don't have enough experience with Blood to comment. Your initial post says that it could be BiS for Blood/Frost and maybe Unholy. I can guarantee it's trash tier for Frost/UH but you'd need someone who understand Blood to comment on it.