10+ Year Old Account

Are Warriors the only class where they aren't the leader of their Order Hall?

So far I've gotten a Shaman, DH, Monk, DK, Paladin, and Lock to 110 and am now working on my Warrior. And from all those classes, only the Warrior remains not the leader of the Order Hall, they are still second fiddle to Odyn.

My Shaman took over Thrall's role (and weapon, lel) after he became incompetant as the leader of the Earthen Ring/Shamans. My DK has powerful DK lore characters as my followers and took over TLK's role (and weapon, lel) as the leader of the Ebon Hold, my Monk was given the Grandmaster title, which is the leader of all Monks (after the previous Grandmaster was killed in the demon attacks), my Paladin took Tirion's place (and weapon, lel) as the Paladin's leader after he died, my DH is the representative of all DHs in the world and lead the entirity of Illidan's army, he could literally start another BT raid.

My Warrior takes orders from an annoying fire-bearded fuck who sits on his huge throne in a bored fashion as his finger taps on his armrest.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-12-31 at 05:15 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Mages are leaders of their order hall, but their order hall is a very small building in the middle of Dalaran, they don't become heads of the kirin tor.
    Warlocks become leaders of a small island occupied by basically nobody except themselves, some enslaved demons, and a couple of bros they invite over.
    Hunters become leaders of a group of middle aged trophy hunters.

It is weird that as a Warrior you are the "battle commander" rather than overall leader, but I think there's also a scale question involved.
    Even being lord of all the Death Knights is quite a small organisation, whereas Odyn is the head of an immortal ghost army composed of the souls of thousands of the best vrykul warriors :P

10+ Year Old Account
    odyn will probably die and then you will be top dog

Techniquely you are second in command as a Demon Hunter, I say this because Illidan is sort of busy with the situation he is in atm and chose us the player to be his second in command since we have proved ourselves as exceptional Demon Hunters and that we already have proved ourselves to earned the trust of the other demon hunters that serve under illidan.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Rogues are only one leader among five others.

Considering how many people whine about having to be the top dog maybe it's good that we have a few classes where you're not? And we control Odyn's armies so the only thing we don't have is ownership of his house or w/e.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Rogues are part of a council of leaders. Druids just become an Archdruid on par with like Malfurion. Shaman becomes a Farseer, its a little on the fence with this one because there are many Farseers, but its also referenced that the Shaman player is also the fulfiller of the the prophecy when bringing the 4 elemental lords together to your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Techniquely you are second in command as a Demon Hunter, I say this because Illidan is sort of busy with the situation he is in atm and chose us the player to be his second in command since we have proved ourselves as exceptional Demon Hunters and that we already have proved ourselves to earned the trust of the other demon hunters that serve under illidan.
    Oh yeah I also didn't think about that.
    As the DH leader you are "in charge" because Illidan is dead.
    As the Warrior leader you are "in charge" because Odyn is functionally also dead (he can't leave the heaven he built).
    I don't know if that is true any more since we killed Helya though.

Initially there would be warriors (as ghosts) in skyhold but they scrapped it.
    what remained was a vrykul heaven and they didnt went back in to change that.

currently the warrior class hall doesnt have much to do with any warrior lore

There was some Q&A where they admit the warrior class hall didnt turn out as they wanted.

Q: Will additional famous NPCs show up in order halls during quests or patches? The warrior order hall is missing some in particular.

A: More likely the characters who’ve been introduced at this point will get more story. The warrior order hall is a different case because they originally envisioned it as a hall of heroes — a place full of the ghosts of fallen warriors past. However, it stopped making sense when they realized they were putting orc and human warriors in a vrykul heaven. They decided to instead focus on the vrykul fantasy, backing off of trying to integrate factional warriors who would never hang out together.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Wait, as a Mage I'm the leader? When did that even take place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Initially there would be warriors (as ghosts) in skyhold but they scrapped it.
    what remained was a vrykul heaven and they didnt went back in to change that.

currently the warrior class hall doesnt have much to do with any warrior lore

There was some Q&A where they admit the warrior class hall didnt turn out as they wanted.
    Really disappointing. But I don't see Grommash and King Llane getting along either so they have a point. They messed it up. Warriors should have gotten something else entirely. Like Rogues, they should have all come together to form a huge army of men and women with no special qualities other than the will to protect Azeroth.

The idea of being a champion of Norse Mythology is cool and all, but it doesn't really fit any character you play as.