Build check/suggestions

Hey Folks,

I've been living with a basically poverty laptop for the last 4 years whilst starting a new career and so I've finally gotten stable enough in where I'm living and money to try and build myself my own desktop.

I've read a few recommendations etc, and below is what I'm currently thinking (all links are amazon as I have about a £250 gift card balance which has built up over a fair amount of time):

CPU: I5 6400 2.7 GHz - On Amazon
    Motherboard: Asus B150 Pro Gaming - Link here
    RAM: 8gb Crucial DDR4 2133 - Amazon...Again
    Graphics Card (brand, model) Rx 470 (XFX) but not sure how much the brand matters - Card
    Power Supply (brand, model, wattage) EVGA 600W 80+ - PSU
    Operating System: Will be Windows 10 from Kinguin
    Resolution: Probably 1080p for now, as have a reasonable ASUS 1080p 24' monitor from my brother
    Case: Thermaltake Versa - Case
    CPU Cooler - This one
    And a 24x DVD RW drive my brother has given me.

Questions are this - I think this is a reasonable build, and I'd hope it should play more or less anything I want on at least decent settings (although I'm not that picky about this for super high end stuff running at super FPS on ultra, although it would be nice).

I've got a budget of about 650 GBP in total, but there's some leeway in it, so if you think there's upgrades I could make for a small amount of cash which would result in a big improvement, please let me know.

My rationale for most of the parts -
    Processor - it's a 6g series, so uses 1151 socket, which I would've though gives me room to upgrade at some point.
    GFX card - seems to be really good bang for my buck - It seems to me that the ATI cards are cheaper for what you get than the NVIDIA ones, but then again, I really don't know. The RX470 apparently outbenchmarks the 1050TI which is a similar price range, but it's entirely possible I'm missing something here.
    Mobo - It seems very cheap for what it is, I'm not sure if I've missed something here, all the literature I can find says it's an 1151 and runs DDR4 ram with plenty of room for the other things, again, entirely possible I've missed a key element which will cause the entire thing to explode or something.
    CPU Fan - I know nothing about these whatsoever, Amazon recommended that one, don't even know if I *actually* need one at all. I don't intend to overclock the CPU.

Games wise I generally play WOW and a lot of older stuff, but I'd be keen to have a bash at the newer, awesome looking games as I'm no longer running a toaster. Would be nice to be able to play everything at full 1080p on decent settings. I'll also use this for work a bit (financial modelling) but I wouldn't be wanting to use it for any intensive machine learning or anything.

For the most part I want to just get the thing built, I can add upgrades later (much better gfx card etc) so just wanted to see what people thought of this, and whether you think I'm being an idiot on any of the choices, or if any of you know any places where I'd save a lot of money - SCAN.co.uk is cheaper for some bits but when P&P is factored in I think Amazon winds up cheaper quite a lot.

Any help appreciated
    Last edited by Loosecannon; 2017-01-01 at 06:02 PM. Reason: More detail

If you dont overclock you dont need the costom cooler only if you want a silent or cool pc then go for one.
    I would pick the 6500 over the 6400 most of the time its just a 10-15 bugs difference.
    If you dont overclock most H110 boards are fine no need to go H150.
    Maybe spend a bit more on the GPU, the 1060 GTX or 480 RX cost most time just 50-60 bugs more.
    You can still buy 8GB ram and later add another 8GB but go for 2400-2666MHz ram(if the board support it).
    Power Supply is fine but you can go with a 500 Watt without a problem.
    HDD is missing.
    Case is fine, maybe a bit small.

Oh and dont shop at amazon search for a good Hardware shop online you save easy 50-150 bugs.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-01-01 at 09:32 PM.

If your main game is wow buy an Nvidia card, most if not all blizzard games run better on nvidia cards (unfortunatelly maybe)