Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[BoI] Afterbirth+

I do not know if anyone on these forums plays Binding of Isaac but it is soon time to send the kids back to the basement as in very soon :

http://platinumgod.co.uk/afterbirth-plus-countdown

The last years i have not been hyped for any release expansion or full game but i am hyped for this.

Meh, even if it will be a one or two hours delay from release, i'm here bashing my head on the keyboard because i'm impatient. BoI has been the game i played almost every day to clear a run with a nice cup of coffee; a relaxing moment.
    I felt some burn out the last month and i'm glad Ab+ is almost there, expecially since mods will be easier to make and some will be added to the main game, plus i hope Antibirth will be rolled into the original game, because i really hate having different folders to play a mod and separate save files.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Well i can not throw my money at the steam store any harder now ..... its not working at one point it will work !!!

Antibirth is an excellent mod. Everyone who enjoys BoI would almost certainly love the shit out of Antibirth.

That said... it's pretty buggy at times. I've had runs where the game would crash upon entering a critical room (a room that you couldn't skip to get to the boss). It's very frustrating when it happens. They will, however, probably fix those bugs in the near future and the game is still worth it despite those bugs.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Antibirth is an excellent mod. Everyone who enjoys BoI would almost certainly love the shit out of Antibirth.

That said... it's pretty buggy at times. I've had runs where the game would crash upon entering a critical room (a room that you couldn't skip to get to the boss). It's very frustrating when it happens. They will, however, probably fix those bugs in the near future and the game is still worth it despite those bugs.
    Think it was someone from these forums told me about the mod via steam chat few days ago. Checked clips online & was surprised at what I saw. Guess that clip was lucky, had no crashes hehe.
    Definitely looked good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Think it was someone from these forums told me about the mod via steam chat few days ago. Checked clips online & was surprised at what I saw. Guess that clip was lucky, had no crashes hehe.
    Definitely looked good though.
    Oh yeah, the mod is fantastic. I didn't even know it was possible to mod BoI to that extent until I saw the trailer and actually played it. New bosses, new items, an entirely new progression path, new characters, and tons of other changes. It's incredibly impressive, even with the crash bugs.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

1001% unlocked just last month, I'm so psyched for this and I can't wait to get home tonight. Best start of the new year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I just finished a whole (I think) run with the bonus level and the final final final boss.

Without spoiling much... yeah, playing as The Lost is now a complete, new level of masochism.

The amount of friendly trolling from Edmund and Tyrone is just so lovable with this

To see the internet blow up around BoI afterbirth+ was just too much fun

to be more clear .... before release they did say that if you owned the base game there would be a discount on the expansion, it cost 9.99 on it own and *normally* they discount there stuff so it cost 6.66

now what they did was ...not showing the discount till after you added it to you chart ..this made people freak out in a major way on twitter and reddit * OMG i did not get the discount* then they made the actually discounted price 6.69 ( i see the twitch meme's :P ) well played sir, well played.

Expansion seems solid ... granted i only played 3 runs so far.

Deleted
    Saw bit of Northernlion playing it, looked okay. Although he had some silly thing that made his char' huge & was so big you couldn't see what he was fighting & was almost the size of some of the rooms, eep!

steam reviews are showing mixed & a lot of miffed folks though.

Ab+ has been overhyped, it was always said it would be mainly the release of mod tools plus some items. It was just released after Antibirth that raised the bar by a ton.
    At the moment i'm not mad about my purchase, not at all, i love achievement hunting in this game but some addition like the portal spawning enemies until you destroy them, the stone fatties and the new mega bosses are bullshit but nothing i can't overcome.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    steam reviews are showing mixed & a lot of miffed folks though.
    Bad timing is my guess. If Afterbirth+ released much sooner then it would be ok, but now everyone was spoiled by Antibirth, much more work went into that modification.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've instantly bought it but after seeing reviews I'm hesitant. Only because I'm not currently playing it and can probably wait. What an amazing fucking game though, holy shit. If there was a single game I could take with me on a long distance trip...
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I've not played Afterbirth+ yet (going to on the weekend, when I'm able), but I've heard nothing but complaints from friends and streamers and the like. While I'm not happy that the game (apparently) released in a bad state, I do give Edmund props for releasing an in-progress list of changes he's making to AB+, less than 24 hours after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I've not played Afterbirth+ yet (going to on the weekend, when I'm able), but I've heard nothing but complaints from friends and streamers and the like. While I'm not happy that the game (apparently) released in a bad state, I do give Edmund props for releasing an in-progress list of changes he's making to AB+, less than 24 hours after launch.
    The problem is Edmund has a history of lies and misleading people. Also being a douche to his community. You can't really take anything he says serious at this point. He's a great game creator but I choose to not support him anymore because I think he's pretty far from being a great human... and Danny B probably agrees hence why his games have crap music now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The problem is Edmund has a history of lies and misleading people. Also being a douche to his community.
    I haven't been following him that much, can you source your claims, please? I'm not calling you a liar or anything, I just have a different perception of him.

You can't really take anything he says serious at this point.
    So you don't believe he's working on those fixes...? What does that statement mean?

He's a great game creator but I choose to not support him anymore because I think he's pretty far from being a great human...
    Fair enough. I disagree, but you're entitled to not support who you wish.

and Danny B probably agrees hence why his games have crap music now.
    Based upon...? Also, subjective opinion.

The advertised features of afterbirth where a lie, he mislead people and made people do some wild goose chase irl to patch in the missing features. He whined like a girl and called his own community "impatient children" when The Lost got datamined in rebirth. And yes, Danny B no longer works with him he wouldn't even let him put his music in the SMB PS4/Vita ports. If you ever met Danny B, which I have he is probably the nicest dude you could ever meet and to piss him off I can't even imagime how bad Edmund tried to screw him over.

Then let's go to Edmund and Tyrone who refuse to fix the buggy mess that was the 3DS and Wii U ports of Rebirth and said you would need to buy afterbirth to do so.

Edmund also did his best to try and make modding impossible in afterbirth(hence why antibirth runs in rebirth) so he could "force" people into waiting on/buying afterbirth+. The creators of antibirth aren't fond of him either, and have no plans to use afterbirth+ mod tools.

Just because someone is a good game designer does not make them a good person, and Edmund has made it very clear multiple times he's not. By all means, his games are fun and I'm not telling anyone what to support or not but after his blatant disregard for his community multiple times I'm done with him.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-04 at 10:26 PM.

The advertised features of afterbirth where a lie, he mislead people
    Which features? How?

and made people do some wild goose chase irl to patch in the missing features.
    It's a ARG. If you aren't interested, that's cool, but you make it out to be some scheme to screw the community over. If you listen to Edmund's story, well, he had a newborn baby, and didn't realize that some items were accidentally commented out. Mistakes can happen, yeah?

He whined like a girl and called his own community "impatient children" when The Lost got datamined in rebirth.
    That's not the version I've heard, but okay. Again, care to source these? I'd be a little annoyed myself if I was in Edmund's position - hell, I'm done with /r/bindingofisaac because of their overboard reactions before the launch (all of the posts were useless memes) and after (WORST GAME EVER!), and I'm not even part of the development process.

And yes, Danny B no longer works with him he wouldn't even let him put his music in the SMB PS4/Vita ports.
    Source 1
    Source 2

It comes across, to me, that Edmund wanted something specific, and Danny B's direction wasn't what Edmund wanted, and Danny took it personally. Could it be something else? Sure, but it's all speculation.

If you ever met Danny B, which I have he is probably the nicest dude you could ever meet and to piss him off I can't even imagime how bad Edmund tried to screw him over.
    Pure speculation. I could reverse the statement and it mean the same thing.

Then let's go to Edmund and Tyrone who refuse to fix the buggy mess that was the 3DS and Wii U ports of Rebirth and said you would need to buy afterbirth to do so.
    I've never played it on the 3DS nor Wii U, but... really? Again, do you have a source for that? I highly doubt that they said that.

Edmund also did his best to try and make modding impossible in afterbirth(hence why antibirth runs in rebirth) so he could "force" people into waiting on/buying afterbirth+.
    Again, I highly doubt that. Why would he purposefully make his game worse?

The creators of antibirth aren't fond of him either, and have no plans to use afterbirth+ mod tools.
    Yeah, I'm not really sympathetic to people that refer to Afterbirth+ as 'inhuman pile of garbage'.

Just because someone is a good game designer does not make them a good person, and Edmund has made it very clear multiple times he's not. By all means, his games are fun and I'm not telling anyone what to support or not but after his blatant disregard for his community multiple times I'm done with him.
    And I'll reiterate that you're welcome to support, or not support, what you wish... but your post comes across to me as someone who has decided to dislike Edmund - for either substantiated or unsubstantiated reasons - and reads into every action with a want to see malice. Maybe Edmund is a good guy, maybe he's a monster. I submit it's something inbetween; a man has a life and other obligations, and, for example, a falling out with a musician can be something other than "trying to screw him over".