Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Watch Dogs 2 - Reveal Trailer

What do you think?

edit: Another "trailer" for the main protagonist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwZN408443M
    Last edited by mmocda37b2a89b; 2016-06-08 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let the downgrades commence.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Let the downgrades commence.
    The graphics they showed where nothing impressive and clearly a console version with flickering shadows and minor fps dips.

So yea, not much to downgrade. Ubisoft really stopped bullshotting last year. Both Farcry Primal and Assassins Creed Syndicate where honest representations of the final product.

I hope they make protagonist more interesting in this one. I hated Aiden in the first one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The graphics they showed where nothing impressive and clearly a console version with flickering shadows and minor fps dips.

So yea, not much to downgrade. Ubisoft really stopped bullshotting last year. Both Farcry Primal and Assassins Creed Syndicate where honest representations of the final product.
    You're welcome to vouch for them, as I've seen you do before, but I'll continue to view them as smimey cunts until they stop doing things I don't like which hasn't happened yet. They could very well downgrade everything they show, or they could not.. we'll have to wait and see. That's also far from the only thing Ubisoft do that I have disdain for.

We can agree to disagree though. The game itself atleast looks more interesting than the first, although given the simplicity that wasn't hard. The protagonist looks like he may actually have a personality which is a plus.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like a big improvement over the first one. Which had a lot of problems. Including being able to just shoot your way through a mission since hacking was pointless a lot of the time. I hope they've made hacking actually useful.

I just keep thinking of what a huge leap Assassin's Creed 2 was from the first. I'm hoping to see the same here. Unlike some, I thought Watch Dogs was fine. There was a lot of potential in it, just needing some refinement and polish, which was the exact same thing Ubisoft delivered with the first Assassin's Creed; an okay game that had potential for more. Then again, I didn't get butthurt over graphics and raging about that either, so I was able to enjoy the game rather than focusing in on that when playing it.

I liked what I saw/heard in the reveal earlier. Definitely going to keep it on my radar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    It looks like a big improvement over the first one. Which had a lot of problems. Including being able to just shoot your way through a mission since hacking was pointless a lot of the time. I hope they've made hacking actually useful.
    My friend said "always take the shotgun" and he basically approached the missions like The Punisher.

I never took a shotgun and approached the missions like Batman. I took out every guy via hacking and gadgets that I possibly could.

I like what I see. I enjoyed the gameplay of the first quite a bit. The hacking allowed for puzzle solving type solutions in lieu of going in guns blazing. I've heard that you can play through the entire WD2 game without any gunplay if you want.

You're welcome to vouch for them, as I've seen you do before, but I'll continue to view them as smimey cunts until they stop doing things I don't like which hasn't happened yet. They could very well downgrade everything they show, or they could not.. we'll have to wait and see. That's also far from the only thing Ubisoft do that I have disdain for.

We can agree to disagree though. The game itself atleast looks more interesting than the first, although given the simplicity that wasn't hard. The protagonist looks like he may actually have a personality which is a plus.
    What about those graphics are they going to downgrade?

The terrible AA solution?
    The flickering shadows?
    The non stable framerate?

Did you actually watch the footage or are you talking out of your ass? What they showed was VERY ROUGH and clearly in development. There is no agreeing to disagree, you are flat out wrong if you're calling those lack luster graphics a bullshot. GTAV looks far better then what they showed graphically for example.

Deleted
    I can't wait to get Marcus's iconic hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about those graphics are they going to downgrade?

The terrible AA solution?
    The flickering shadows?
    The non stable framerate?

Did you actually watch the footage or are you talking out of your ass? What they showed was VERY ROUGH and clearly in development. There is no agreeing to disagree, you are flat out wrong if you're calling those lack luster graphics a bullshot. GTAV looks far better then what they showed graphically for example.
    Ooo errr.

That has no significance to me in regard to their ability to downgrade before release, it can still happen and only the end product will demonstrate whether it has. Besides their reputation for downgrading games wasn't built on visuals alone, they've often simplified large aspects and areas of games.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

Ooo errr.

That has no significance to me in regard to their ability to downgrade before release, it can still happen and only the end product will demonstrate whether it has. Besides their reputation for downgrading games wasn't built on visuals alone, they've often simplified large aspects and areas of games.
    Instead of admitting you're wrong, didn't know what you where talking about and didn't watch the footage you resort to mental gymnastics. Not going to work.

The game they showed was a legitimate work in progress. Not some special made demo running on a super computer that Ubisoft was known for in years past. Of course it's cool to hate on any big AAA publisher though, nice job just being a stereotypical internet video game activist

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to go back and play the first one at some point. I bought it, but never played it because of a graphical bug that caused my game to stutter/pause every few seconds no matter what settings I had it on.

I only got to watch some of the reveal but I'm kinda happy. I really liked Watch Dogs. It's one of like only five games I own for my PS4...

Not really happy about the character change. So far the guy doesn't look that cool. Like 25% of the appeal of Watch Dogs was that the main character was a vigilante who went around enacting his own justice and he was all sleek with his mask and long jacket and he had family issues clearly. "He doesn't have personality." I kind of liked having a somewhat stoic character.

Their reveal trailer was pretty good. They had Google Cardboard, and like a bunch of other actual tech stuff that's relevant these days. Doubt it'll actually be good in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg I'm watching the video and the MC's weapon is a billiard ball on a string. Omg.......................I want the extremely illegal retractable baton...........seriously?

Can't wait to play it personally.

Enjoyed WD1 and the only thing I hated about it was....

1) How the cars handled.
    2) The main character
    2) Most (not all) of the story.

The gameplay imo was solid and there was parts of the story I digged. Going to try to platinum it here soon before they shutdown the Online of it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of admitting you're wrong, didn't know what you where talking about and didn't watch the footage you resort to mental gymnastics. Not going to work.

The game they showed was a legitimate work in progress. Not some special made demo running on a super computer that Ubisoft was known for in years past. Of course it's cool to hate on any big AAA publisher though, nice job just being a stereotypical internet video game activist
    You say to admit I was wrong as if you're objectively correct about them being incapable of downgrading aspects of the game. Not sure what you're refering to by mental gymnastics, when I said it wasn't siginifcant I meant that nothing you noted in my eyes would make the idea of downgrades between now and release impossible. For the record I'm not basing the possibility of downgrades just on the visuals they've shown so far which you seem to be driving towards, I'm saying they're fully capable of releasing a game that doesn't match (for worse) what they show beforehand and I'm basing that off of who has control of the project.

As I've mentioned when people talk about downgrades they don't only mean graphical, several of their recent titles have had gameplay changes. You say they've gotten better but they did it this year with The Division, last year with Siege and before that with Farcry 4. Watchdogs itself was only two years ago. Yes they've been honest on some recent projects but that doesn't mean they can't lie again.

Also while I know my view on it has no bearing I don't know why you got infracted for that.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

I simply don't trust ubisoft when it comes to pc games anymore. They burnt that bridge.

Still, I didn't hate watch dogs, it had some cool ideas. If it wasn't for the terrible optimization I might've had more fond memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haters will hate and the trolls will troll, but I'm really looking forward to it, yea WD1 wasn't perfect so it'll be fun to see how they have changed things.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hot Dogs finally looks interesting to me. And the graphics are still beautiful. Maybe I'll give it a try.

I didn't mind the first Watch Dogs, thought it was quite fun actually, like GTA but more realistic/darker toned(GTA has always been kinda cartoony).

I'll get the 2nd on PC after getting the 1st on PS4.