Thread: Steam addiction

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Steam addiction

I have a problem.. 300+ Steam games and only about 20% of them are completed. But I tend to find myself not motivated to play not even the newer ones I want to play. What is wrong with me? Am I just too old for video games? This question is probably a no brainier but I feel ashamed I wasted all that money. I've tried only installing the ones I want to play, I've tried categorizing them in Steam, I've tried making myself play, I've tried roulette.. this one site says it's going to take me like almost a year and a half to finish all them. REALLY? F!

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop buying new games.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Get a girlfriend.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Get a girlfriend.
    It's a Trick!

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Get a girlfriend.
    They're more expensive than Steam games.

Deleted
    Why do you feel the need to buy games? Because they're "cheap"?

Deleted
    PM me if you want to give me all your money, I think we can sort something out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing you have the Steam-Sale-Syndrome.

You buy a ton of games that is on sale, because you never know if you are gonna play them. Your not.

I stopped doing this, and I never buy a new game if I have an old one that I have yet to finish.

And.. being on this site.. im guessing you buy a ton of games but in the end you only play one. Guess which one.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You just need to be in the mood for a specific kind of game is all.

Deleted
    I do the same, and I see no harm supporting game Devs that made a great game, even though I might never play it, doesn't put me in a financial crisis and I can try new stuff every now and then. I stopped being a completionist with my kid, now I do what entertains me in the few hours I have.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at your game list, trow a dice, force yourself to play and finish that game, go to next one.

If game is shit, you can always drop it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

You have a steam sale syndrome.
    Tip: Stop buying them that way. Buy the game only when You really want to play it, like: "ohh a nice game, I will play it right now! I'am soo excited!". If You don't have such feeling and excitement to a game then You will probably never play that game, ever. Buy only when You see and it really excites You. Don't waste Your money on games You won't play at all.
    TLDR: buy only if it's the situation like: I have free time now, wow this game is amazing, I want to play it now!
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2017-01-03 at 07:57 PM.

There's no such thing as a "Steam Addiction" let's be real.
    You purposely spent your money, knowing full well you were spending that money.
    If you didn't wanna play, or have no motivation to play said games you've purchased, you wouldn't purchase them. Simple, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you aren't skipping on bills and ruining your life by blowing the money on it, who cares. A hobby is a hobby /shrug
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, whenever I buy a new game anywhere, I mentally add it to my list of games to play and, when its turn comes, I play it. Or I play it right away, if I'm not in the middle of multiple walkthroughs I want to be done with soon at the moment.

Don't buy a game out of reasoning, "This game looks nice, I would like to play it at some point". Buy it only if you actually intend to play it soon. Also, don't buy a game you randomly saw on sale and decided it is a good game to buy; buy only games you've actually been waiting for / wanting to play for some time, on sale or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Do like i did, buy everything, now when ever theres a sale i got nothing to buy from steam. Problem solved.

20% game completion is pretty good, imo.

I doubt 20% of my game even lasted me an hour or two after my initial interest in them died off.

I don't play the games to complete them, I play them to have fun. Sometimes its fun to finish a game to the end, but most are just fun for a while, until the newness of the systems, characters, and figuring out the gameplay wears off.

10+ Year Old Account
    find the game you want to play the most, and force yourself to play it until you beat it, unless you find you dislike the game, but if you bought your games with taste, it'll be worth it

had to force myself to discover new things and I never regret it when I do this, being lazy is easy but it's a waste of your precious life

1 year and a half to finish all is nothing ... a life is like 85 years you might have 30, you need to fill 50 interesting years!

I have 17 games on steam.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano