Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Your hopes for Argus raid

For a demon-themed expansion, Legion has surprisingly few demonic bosses.
    EN: 0\7 demons.
    ToV: 0\3 demons.
    NH: 3\10 demons. - here I count Gul'dan,as well - so it's Tichondrius, Krosus and Gul'dan + possessed Illidan (on myth).

3 actual demonic bosses out of 20, first tier.

ToS: at best, 5\9 demons: Infernal pitlord, "Inquisitor" guy, Avatar, Kil'Jaeden and maybe one unknown boss. Others are elf and naga.
    So, we have 8\29 demonic bosses in two tiers.

So I do hope that on Argus we will not have any sideway distractions and do what the title of expansion says - kill the demons.
    And there are some known from lore who just have to appear.
    Namely, Talgath, Hakkar and Mephistroth. Who else do you want to see and fight?
    I really want to see the "Grand Inquisitor", to know something more about those mysterious demons.
    Also, big Imp Momma would sound fine.
    Maybe, a biggest fattest Mo'arg Brute is a good first patchwerk boss for the raid.
    And of course, Sargeras, the endboss of the Legion, is the most anticipated guest.
    Last edited by Explorer; 2017-01-03 at 02:09 AM.

Deleted
    That they'll rethink this and rather give us a proper Argus Expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    And of course, Sargeras, the endboss of the Legion, is the most anticipated guest.
    They'll let you think it's Sargeras, but it'll be Archimonde 3.0 "Third time lucky guyz! I get you this time!"

I can't see Sargeras being a raid boss, if he was present on Argus the army of light would of been destroyed already. You don't need to kill Sargeras to set back the legion and in Blizzard's words " buy more than a temporary peace " depriving them of the Eredar is more than enough for that.

I'd rather see Kil'Jaeden as a boss in the Argus raid than in the tomb of Sargeras, if we kill him on Argus he's dead, forever. If we kill him in the tomb he'll likely just show back up again at some point if Blizzard want us to achieve more than just a temporary peace, then kill off Kil'Jaeden, throw Archimonde in there to boot, job done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a dual fight with Archimonde and Kil'jaeden. And Velen helps you during the fight. Would definitely be an interesting one. Also another army of Dark Paladins like the ones in Hellfire would be cool. They're an interesting concept that should be explored more.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a more than 0% chance that we fight Kiljaeden twice this expansion. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we "fight" Sargeras like we "fought" Kiljaedan back at the Sunwell. I don't expect a permanent defeat fight though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

So we're going to count how many demon bosses there are in this xpac without talking about Tomb of Sargeras which launches months before this Argus raid?

I expect probably all demon bosses aside from maybe 2-3 and the raid being 13-15 bosses long since ya know, Legion home base.
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    So you want an expansion with even less content than WoD? Because that's pretty much what you're gonna get out of an expansion located on a planet that is in a worse state than Outland was. It was always gonna be either a patch or nothing at all.

Also, wtf is wrong with you people. They aren't gonna use Kil'jaeden twice in one expansion, three times in total in WoW. Sargeras is the last boss of Legion whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2017-01-03 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new breeds of demons introduced in Legion need some boss versions - we need a big ass mo'arg brute, an inquisitor, a spider-lady, and a demon-beholder boss, all of 'em fancier than the creatures we've seen thus far. Imp Mama boss too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The new breeds of demons introduced in Legion need some boss versions - we need a big ass mo'arg brute, an inquisitor, a spider-lady, and a demon-beholder boss, all of 'em fancier than the creatures we've seen thus far. Imp Mama boss too.
    Honestly agreed.

WoW has a long history of exactly what you are talking about. Grobbulus, Gluth, Maexxna, and Thaddeus were all new models of abominations, plague hounds, and spiders respectively.

Vashj was the first Naga to use her model.

Marrowgar, Deathwhisper, and the Plague Wing twins are good examples of this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    they will definitely use the new demon models as raid bosses, probably on the argus raid. (makes the most sense thematically).

I dunno if they will tweak them alot, perhaps make them look visually different by different weapons etc?
    Hi

Deleted
    My only wish is that they don't use Sargeras as the final boss.

They've used up too many major lore characters as bosses for Legion.

Xavius, Helya, Gul'dan, Kil'jaeden.

We'd get Deathwing and the unknown goons in previous releases yet here we are dismantling absolutely everything that's left apart from old gods and Azshara.

I don't want an expansion based on heavy improvisation, consistsing of largely unknown bosses like in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    My only wish is that they don't use Sargeras as the final boss.

They've used up too many major lore characters as bosses for Legion.

Xavius, Helya, Gul'dan, Kil'jaeden.

We'd get Deathwing and the unknown goons in previous releases yet here we are dismantling absolutely everything that's left apart from old gods and Azshara.

I don't want an expansion based on heavy improvisation, consistsing of largely unknown bosses like in Pandaria.
    I want a build up for a sargeras expansion not just some patch which consists of him as the end boss. Gul'dan has to die, Kil'jaeden pretty much spearheads the invasion. Xavius is the most likely candidate for Val'sharah storyline. As for Helya no one knew who she was until legion.

My Thoughts...

1. As a lore geek, I want to feel something special when I see where the whole Eredar/Draenei story started. Even if it's been occupied by the Legion for thousands of years, I'd like to catch glimpses of what it must have been like in its prime.
    2. Kil'Jaeden should be a tremendous traditional raid boss, and the encounter with him should reflect his immense intelligence and cleverness. I can't imagine Kil'Jaeden just sitting around a room in the ground waiting for us to come kill him, so some setup where we infiltrate and ambush him seems more appropriate. Even then, he should be more prepared than the average opponent, recover faster and have some nasty surprises for us. Kil'Jaeden needs to be pretty badass.
    3. Sargeras can't be a traditional raid boss at all. A titan capable of destroying worlds should not care whether I hit him with my hammer, even if my hammer is an artifact. As much as many players complained about the Deathwing fight, at least Blizz made Deathwing feel like more than just another dragon. They need to do something similar with Sargeras. Malygos might be a model. We'll need to become something grander than mortals to battle the most powerful of Titans.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Possessed body of illidan is in the mythic Gul'dan fight? Holy shit I'm excited

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Nothing like spending a year and a half on a black and green planet with green rivers.

Hogger the ice mage, final boss or gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I can't see Sargeras being a raid boss, if he was present on Argus the army of light would of been destroyed already. You don't need to kill Sargeras to set back the legion and in Blizzard's words " buy more than a temporary peace " depriving them of the Eredar is more than enough for that.

I'd rather see Kil'Jaeden as a boss in the Argus raid than in the tomb of Sargeras, if we kill him on Argus he's dead, forever. If we kill him in the tomb he'll likely just show back up again at some point if Blizzard want us to achieve more than just a temporary peace, then kill off Kil'Jaeden, throw Archimonde in there to boot, job done.
    You seriously believe that they'll make an endboss a boss of previous patch? No, SERIOUSLY?
    Why you people all run into denying the obvious? We are fighting Sargeras, to "end Legion once and for all". An he's hell killable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Nothing like spending a year and a half on a black and green planet with green rivers.
    Totally that. My brain just refuses to understand why would anyone want 3 green demonic expansions, 4 years of same day-to-day questing and farming, and consider that "epic". Epic is to make a huge battle involving Army of the Light plus us versus Legion with Sargeras. That is epic and logical.
    Else is just a fanboyish snivelling like "Sargeras is soooo cuuuuute, we cant beat him, we just caaaant".
    Titans are killable. And with proper weapons they can be killed. Nature and Light will do the job against Fel, just like Fel did its job against Arcane.
    For those sceptical enough - for what else of a purpose did we gather that ton of super-weapons? For some eredar like KJ? Lol. We made Archimonde hit the floor without any kind of those artifacts. Just hear and think. They said arctifacts will make use in the final battle. It can't be anything BUT Sargeras. Inevitable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Wouldn't be a first. I mean Outland prepared us for it and then we had a long time in Tanaan. Which wasn't just black and green with green rivers but also full of green sickly plants and annoying mobs to crowd us in and give us that nice feeling of claustrophobia and suffocation.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My hopes:

1) 100% eredar/demon theme, this is probably the last time we will fight against unite demon force and even Tomb raid hasn't full demon theme for a reason
    2) Raid will be set in city and palace of Mac'Aree, little similar to Nighthold, greatest eredar city but corrupted, white/purple/green colors
    3) All bosses known before, like Brutallus, Jaraxxus, etc.
    4) Nathrezim council fight
    5) Kil'jaden/Archimonde twin fight
    6) Sargeras - it is easy to screw this, but this also could be best boss ever.
    7) We blow up the planet on the end of raid.

Outside of raid:
    1) Two dungeons
    2) Size and amount of content on Argus zone similar to Suramar
    3) Death of major characters (I think Khadgar is a goner)