Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you find Suramar annoying?

Something's not quite right!

I'm an altoholic. When I'm in the mood, I enjoy running around as a Feral Druid or a Rogue, but I'm getting tired of Suramar turning my World of Warcraft into what I imagine Assassin's Creed might play like. Being forced to skulk around under an illusion just doesn't play to my DK's class fantasy.

Are the rest of you actually having fun with the constant runs through packs of mobs with AoE dispels? Are things going to get better next patch, or will I have to keep pushing alts through that mess?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    At least it's different.

It was annoying at first, but being geared up now, not so much. As a cloth user I was a very, very squishy person.

I just wish Suramar's map worked like Thundertotem in Highmountain (it zooms in like being in a capital city).

Its so frustrating to navigate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I avoid the place as much as I can.

Not hard to do, considering I am through with the questline.

15+ Year Old Account
    You could always do Suramar in Blood off-spec, or any tanking spec if your next alt has one - you don't even need to worry about Masquerade in most cases, you just plow through the guys like usual mobs.

The only exception is the Court of the Stars area - 10M HP mobs, they just take time to bring down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, very, but I would not want it changed. it is the only dangerous place we have in open world.

You don't have to do Suramar quests. It's only some AP nothing more. You can just spam mythic+ all day and farm way more AP.

100% absolutely.

Suramar City sucks. The disguise mechanic is awful. The gating of the storyline behind a reputation wall is retarded. And overall the entire zone seems to serve no purpose other than to slow you down as much as possible.

Its impressive that after the game has been out for 12 years they still somehow made the current expansion's end-game zone the worst one yet. Even Vale wasn't this bad.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-03 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    And overall the entire zone seems to serve no purpose other than to slow you down as much as possible.
    You are carefully moving around in an enemy stronghold while trying to avoid detection as much as possible.
    That is certainly well done and makes sense too.

What is annoying (but that goes for all of WoW, not just Suramar) is navigating on the ground. I get lost constantly. Esp when I die, I pop out in the middle of nowhere and have to search my corpse. Ugh. I HATE that they don't give us the gryphon when we die anymore.

I love Suramar. I love that there is a zone where we need to be careful. Infiltrating an enemy city should require us to be careful.

Every other zone in WoW is kind of silly by comparison, imho.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually like it best on my dk. dont know how anyone without a tank spec does it tbh.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Being forced to skulk around under an illusion just doesn't play to my DK's class fantasy.
    Specc blood, destroy the whole city quarter. Class fanatsy over the top.

You are carefully moving around in an enemy stronghold while trying to avoid detection as much as possible.
    That is certainly well done and makes sense too.
    Yeah I'd rather take any other kind of experience than what we got. Especially when it doesn't get any better when you complete the main storyline, where there's an entire revolution happening but you wouldn't be able to see that in 7.0. And in 7.1 its only one tiny section of the city. Which is why the whole excuse of "we're in an enemy stronghold" is bogus to me. That entire storyline is about dismantling Elisande's operations from the inside, and we never see any of the result of our work.

If they were actually interested in telling a cohesive story about dismantling an enemy's stronghold from within (Rather than just forcing the end-game zone to be about 60% as tediously obnoxious as possible), they'd use the phasing technology we know is certainly capable of doing so, and slowly phase the city to be more and more destabilized. Rather than what we have now. Which is nothing except one small district of the city that only changes after you start the patch content.

I mean, ffs the end of the 7.1 storyline is essentially "We've forced Elisande and her forces back into the Nightwell to defend it" and yet the entire city is still fill to the brim of enemy NPCs despite the Alliance, Horde, Nightfallen, Kirin Tor, and High Elven forces being told they've taken it. They couldn't even be bothered to phase it THEN when the story is ending with Elisande's defeat/death in the raid that's coming out soon. Its still full of shitloads of annoying elites that are all designed to be as packed as possible to screw you over.

Its a horrible design. Its like the beginning of an epic RPG quest chain that has no resolution or change to the scenery. Aka: Boring time grind. And we're not even hitting on the topic of all the non-Nightfallen quest chains in Suramar being entirely irrelevant to the actual overall story, making them basically all boring throwaways.

I suppose Suramar is the perfect representation of what Blizzard has done for WoW with WoD and Legion: Throw in a shitload of content gates that ultimately unlock to reveal an incredibly disappointing letdown of content that is never resolved and will just be ignored and moved on from once the next patch comes out (7.2 in this case unless they SOMEHOW shoehorn Suramar City into the Tomb of Sargeras patch and STILL not under our control. I wouldn't put it past them).
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-03 at 10:01 AM.

Suramar is awesome. Its "disguise" idiotic "mechanic" is not. Elfs are not that stupid, seriously, they would instantly understand that SOMETHING IS NOT QUITE RIGHT at the moment they see an "elf" riding some non-typical elf mount. The zone itself is awesome, though, and I'd love to have more content like that, just without this idiotic disguise.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH
    You can just spam mythic+ all day and farm way more AP.
    Not really. I'm pushing 60, with chronic pain and a really severe sleep disorder. Doing repeated dungeons that play to the younger crowd's tendency to shout GOGOGO and rush things isn't any more appealing to me, even if my survival level Chinese weren't an issue.

So, for me, doing world quests is a somewhat important part of gearing up a new toon, ditto for some of the rep grind. Do I really need BiS and max iLevel? No, but I'd like to not always find myself outgunned walking into new patch content.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    i actually like it best on my dk. dont know how anyone without a tank spec does it tbh.
    Lots and lots of Feign Death. Without an aggro drop....well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    we never see any of the result of our work
    True, it sucks.
    That has always been the caste in almost every MMO though.

Quote Originally Posted by solidbear View Post
    I just wish Suramar's map worked like Thundertotem in Highmountain (it zooms in like being in a capital city).

Its so frustrating to navigate.
    Now that you mention it, that would help a lot. I was getting frustrated yesterday on an alt because I couldn't stop anywhere and look at the map to try to get my bearings. (My first time through was on a DH where I didn't have to use conventional means to get anywhere.) I was inside a building on the second floor where I assumed I could safely pause and a stealth-detecting demon spawned inside of it. Plus, trying to look along the rooftops for grappling points while simultaneously having to be aware of stealth-detector spawns and patrols is a bit much combined with the confusing layout of the city.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    No, I like Suramar very much and find it immersive and interesting. The best zone in all WoW, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc