Deleted

Last build was 2013ish, time to upgrade

xposting this from reddit as i need some help =)

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

Mostly gaming, movies and some streaming, but just for fun. WoW, Overwatch, Witcher3, CSGO, BF1 etc.
    Probably around the upper end on most games, but not entirely maxed out necessarily. Resolution depends on if i can fit in a new monitor maybe, i don't really know about the limits of my current ones.

What is your budget?
    ~ 1.350 €

In what country are you purchasing your parts?
    Germany

This is my CURRENT setup, not sure what i can re-use with up2date hardware.
    http://puu.sh/t9mp7/f4cb193bf4.png

I was thinking about keeping the case and PSU if thats possible. Need help here.
    Case : http://www.fractal-design.com/home/p...r4-black-pearl
    PSU : http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/43

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel i7 6700K €348.94 @ Mindfactory
    Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 €174.95 @ Mindfactory
    Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory €109.85 @ Mindfactory
    Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive €163.90 @ Mindfactory
    Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card €466.81 @ Amazon Deutschland

Total €1264.45

Provide any additional details you wish below.
    I would really like to get a 1070, but i don't know which one. I'm also throwing out the small SSDs and will be using the bigger SSD + 500GB HDD + External 1TB for storage probably.
    I need help with the CPU cooler and a check on the GPU / MoBo if possible =) Also i wanted to ask if i should keep the case/psu and if i can maybe change some parts to get better value overall.
    Any help greatly appreciated =)

Well, if all you are doing is gaming, no need for the i7. You could just stick with an i5, and in reality, your 2500k is not very far behind current CPUs. I would just keep it, put a good aftermarket cooler on it if you don't have one already, OC it then get a new graphics card, fix up your SSD situation and get a new monitor. That 2500k will still be good for a few more years honestly.

Deleted
    I think you could start with something like the following, not including o/s:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (€259.93 @ Mindfactory)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (€76.99 @ Aquatuning)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming K3-EU ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€130.84 @ Mindfactory)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€115.93 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€128.50 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card (€465.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case (€84.83 @ Mindfactory)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€85.57 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €1347.59
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-03 18:58 CET+0100

You got mail.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2013ish but really it's hardware from 2011! You could see an improvement in upgrading right about now.

Going to go ahead and throw my support behind @Kostattoo suggestion.
    @Miyagie, we like to post publicly here, so people can critique or show support for others' suggestions, simply posting that you sent the OP mail does not add anything to the discussion at hand.
    @Hassliebe, I would say the only stuff you should really consider saving from the older build is maybe your graphics card... but honestly your budget allows for a near full overhaul, which you could definitely benefit from... Your hard drives/Solid state drives are all small/old... new ones of either variety will be much better! ADATA is not a favored SSD brand for pretty much anyone on these forums, to be fair. Kos recommended a Crucial SSD, which I will fully support! I have four and none have failed me, all are tanks! 8)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    2013ish but really it's hardware from 2011! You could see an improvement in upgrading right about now.

Going to go ahead and throw my support behind @Kostattoo suggestion.
    @Miyagie, we like to post publicly here, so people can critique or show support for others' suggestions, simply posting that you sent the OP mail does not add anything to the discussion at hand.
    @Hassliebe, I would say the only stuff you should really consider saving from the older build is maybe your graphics card... but honestly your budget allows for a near full overhaul, which you could definitely benefit from... Your hard drives/Solid state drives are all small/old... new ones of either variety will be much better! ADATA is not a favored SSD brand for pretty much anyone on these forums, to be fair. Kos recommended a Crucial SSD, which I will fully support! I have four and none have failed me, all are tanks! 8)
    I hate to help ppl here over this forum with PMs and Threads, most time i just give them my Battletag or we talk over Skype.
    That way its faster and since Hassliebe and I are german we can write/talk in german with the benefit of less missunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Well, if all you are doing is gaming, no need for the i7. You could just stick with an i5, and in reality, your 2500k is not very far behind current CPUs. I would just keep it, put a good aftermarket cooler on it if you don't have one already, OC it then get a new graphics card, fix up your SSD situation and get a new monitor. That 2500k will still be good for a few more years honestly.
    yeah. no point throwing money at new things you don't need~

I would really like to get a 1070, but i don't know which one
    1) MSI 1070 Gaming(X)
    2) Gainward 1070 Phoenix
    3) Gigabyte 1070 G1

for me they go in that order

Deleted
    Graphics card

Get the i5 6600k and don't reuse the PSU. I replace mine every two years but that's mostly because i am paranoid.