Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Nighthold is expected to release on the 17th of January, with 7.1.5 slated for release (at least a week) earlier than that. This would put 7.1.5 expected release date of January 10 at the latest. However, 7.1.5 next week seems unlikely, which makes me wonder: was Blizzard too ambitious with 7.1.5?

It feels like they set themselves unrealistic goals in a disruptive time of the year with holidays and breaks very common:
    1. Talent rebalancing
    2. Class rebalancing
    3. Stat rebalancing
    4. Legendary rebalancing
    5. 7.1.5 content

At the current state, it feels like they haven't really achieved any of the first 4 goals, and are arguably even worse than how things are on live. I just cannot see every Blizzard employee returning to work tomorrow and finishing every single task they started in the next 7 days.

Do you think that Blizzard was too ambitious with their goals for 7.1.5? Should they have set themselves fewer goals to achieve or given themselves much more time to polish the patch? Or do you think that everything will be fine in the next 7 days?
    You mean #1-4 that can all be achieved with hotfixes?

Class Balancing doesn't mean anything till mythic week why don't people get this... They take the MASSIVE amount of data from Heroic week and use it to tune. Legendaries are basically balanced now. Class changes and The Stat Squish were mostly to fix scaling/ect issues which is also now for the most part fixed. for Example Next tier without Mages would have been hitting 73-75% crit and would have had to have every spell nerfed by 30% by the end of the tier to not end up like HFC.

Everything you said is ready to go outside the one thing that doesn't matter till mythic week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I won't list micro holiday as "content".
    Brawler's guild is also niche "content"
    Just because YOU dont like something doesnt mean its NOT content.
    Thats as stupid as saying a Quarterpounder is no food cause you hate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Agreed. What content? Only content coming seems to be a raid they held over from launch. Legion = Wod 2.0
    You clearly havent played wod otherwise you wouldnt dare say that!

Did we ever consider that they intended to release the patch on the 10th? Was it confirmed anywhere that it was supposed this week or last?

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Nighthold is expected to release on the 17th of January, with 7.1.5 slated for release (at least a week) earlier than that. This would put 7.1.5 expected release date of January 10 at the latest. However, 7.1.5 next week seems unlikely, which makes me wonder: was Blizzard too ambitious with 7.1.5?

It feels like they set themselves unrealistic goals in a disruptive time of the year with holidays and breaks very common:
    1. Talent rebalancing
    2. Class rebalancing
    3. Stat rebalancing
    4. Legendary rebalancing
    5. 7.1.5 content

At the current state, it feels like they haven't really achieved any of the first 4 goals, and are arguably even worse than how things are on live. I just cannot see every Blizzard employee returning to work tomorrow and finishing every single task they started in the next 7 days.

Do you think that Blizzard was too ambitious with their goals for 7.1.5? Should they have set themselves fewer goals to achieve or given themselves much more time to polish the patch? Or do you think that everything will be fine in the next 7 days?
    So...where is your AAA multi award winning game design resume that lets you judge how well they are doing?

Riiiiiiiight, you dont have one. You are just one of thousands of cowardly, nameless trolls who whine and rage and pout that nothing is exactly how you want, when you want, wahhh wahhh wahhh. Is the game perfect? God no, and they never will say it is. But this is one of the best gaming companies around, who has made some of the best games of the genres they represent. If its not fun for you, stop playing. otherwise, realize that this IS their game, your input is considered but not required in any way, and if you dont like it, stfu and gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You clearly havent played wod otherwise you wouldnt dare say that!
    Difference between wod and legion:
    WOD = grinds that only reward cosmetic stuff like mounts, pets, toys, transmog skins etc.
    No one did them and then whined they have nothing to do.

Legion = grinds that reward tons of player power (AP, legendaries, high ilvl gear) so everyone feels compelled to do them until they fall on their face.

There is no middle ground for Blizzard.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Just because YOU dont like something doesnt mean its NOT content.
    Thats as stupid as saying a Quarterpounder is no food cause you hate it.
    I used quotation marks, of course its a form of content, it's just not the main progression of a real content patch, compared to let's say 7.1 falcosaur and helarjar quests, that actually give new world quests, despite being 100% optional.

7.1.5 micro holidays and brawlers guild are also optional but also not related to the broken isles at all , just something for fun.

I never said directly I did not like either of it, in fact I do like both

Oh don't forget MoP timewalking as well

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It isn't the same people doing all of these things.
    I get that they have more than one person working on these changes at once. But they should devote more people to work on a specific aspect of the game at once to yield a more finished product, rather than many people working on many aspects to yield more product.
    Last edited by Zardam; 2017-01-06 at 06:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The best example from my own experience was Balance druids. They were in a good spot for a while, then they changed, and changed so drastically so many times, I just gave up.

I think it's beyond obvious, they took on way more than they could handle by rebuilding every class and spec at once, and they're playing catch up now, and that they hurried through a lot of it to make the release date. Beta feedback? They never listen to that, they've been arrogant like that for a long time. It's not surprising, looking at Celestalon.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't a content patch. They said the content patches will be 7.2 and 7.3. The .5 patchs are fixes and tweaks and update patches.
    No, they are breaking the content patches up from the standard .1, .2, .3 cycle. That's why there's class tuning, brawlers guild, timewalking, mini holidays, etc., etc. You might mean the major patches will include a raid. But even then the Tomb of Sargeras won't be released with 7.2. They've already stated that it will be gated for quite some time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    You mean #1-4 that can all be achieved with hotfixes?
    Well Blizzard themselves stated that class balance and changes were a major feature of 7.1.5, so there was an expectation that January 10's patch would deliver on that. Especially since 4 months of hotfixing opportunities thus far has gotten us nowhere.