Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    And what about the key?
    That's a problem for literally 1 week. Get someone to bring a key with them or take 15 minutes to run a Maw +0 to get one...

I'm 886 in bags and still get declined often enough you just have this think the que's for keystones fill up so fast usually for DPS and the they range from 875-890 so they generally will just grab the highest ilvl unless they need a lust. I also think mages are pretty trash in Dungeons these days depending the affixs unless you have Relaxing ruby trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    And what about the key?
    Someone always has a key and wants a carry.

Quote Originally Posted by yarafx1 View Post
    I'm 886 in bags and still get declined often enough you just have this think the que's for keystones fill up so fast usually for DPS and the they range from 875-890 so they generally will just grab the highest ilvl unless they need a lust. I also think mages are pretty trash in Dungeons these days depending the affixs unless you have Relaxing ruby trinket.
    Trinket sure helps, but I'm generally really strong in dungeons. We don't have a stun, but with the right gear and legendaries we are very valuable to runs it is right what you said about ilvl tho, people just grab the guy with highest ilvl fitting the spot. We even look at chars on armory and see if they have good legendaries if we happen to need a pug dps (doing guildruns 99% of the time). We only do +3 keys if it's 7-9, and my guildies are always happy to take me for spamming on my fire mage
    Many people also have inflated ilvl in bags since they have 4-5 legendaries
    Last edited by Nico3337; 2017-01-05 at 02:57 AM.

Deleted
    Your problem is that people usually just take the highest ilvl applicants that they see, I don't think that it's a problem with your class or spec in this case. You have a few options though:

- Make a run with your own key.
    - Join a boost group with your own key.
    - Join a guild that does M+ runs or do them with friends.
    - Add the battle tags of a successful and nice keystone run group and do more runs with them.

Don't take it personally when your application gets rejected. Usually there are numerous application for dps spots and I would just invite those with the highest ilvl with a conqueror/master achievement. You can be ilvl 890. But I will take the other 2 if they were higher ilvl or whisper me their achievement faster then you did. I believe many party leader work this way. There's no need to blame your class or ilvl, just move on and apply to other groups, or create your own one

Quote Originally Posted by iAmove View Post
    First: My ilvl is 878.

Last night I was looking to do some mythic+ before reset. I applied to some groups and was promptly declined. Thought to myself, okay, not a big deal. Lets try again. Applied to a bunch more and was declined by them all. I have never had this hard a time when trying to get into a mythic dungeon. I had one person ask me what spec I was. I told him Fire, and was immediately declined.

This got me wondering...

Are fire mages no longer a thing?
    Is it time I changed my main spec for arcane or frost?
    Should I reroll all together?
    The problem is that there are too many of them and if you aren't 890+ someone else probably is and in the group already.

I get declined with my r.druid with keystone master and 884 equipped in groups with 0 healers in.

It's the LFG tool :/

Unfortunately, even though the patch hasn't come out yet and nothing has changed in the last 2 months, Fire Mages are suddenly unplayable.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iAmove View Post
    It was only a +5. I've ran higher without any problem.

Really? I thought 878 ilvl was really good. Guess that shows how much of a casual I am.

How am I supposed to get a higher ilevel if I can't get into higher level mythics?
    Wanna hear the secret ? Start your own group, work on your own keystone not only are you guaranteed a spot, but you also get extra loot each week from you class hall (based on highest M+ done last week) !.

You can chose to only invite high level players, or you could be "helpful" and invite lower geared players, to give them a chance to gear up (players in the same situation as you currently are).

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    My bag ilevel is 889 and I usually only get declined if the group is nearly full on high M+. If I join in when there is only 1-2 people I usually get accepted.
    Yeah, most people think a group with tank + healer + 2 dps is waiting in there just for them.

In reality, that group is looking at 50 listings and trying to figure out wtf to pick out of there because it's a plague of overabundance.

You can't make fast, educated choice from a list of bazillion people for just 1 spot. You won't pick the optimal person because you can't really screen 20-50 people in reliable timeframe.

You'll probably pick in a biased manner like: highest ilvl, perceived fotm class, class leader thinks x class fits into group setup, someone who whispered some achievements first etc.

Last reset a guildie of mine wanted to do dht +12, we got some people together, short 1 dps. Listed in group finder... you won't believe how many dps swarmed it. In the end they picked a 894 "in bags" shaman cuz of hero. And he wasn't even good, just average. But you can't know it anyway.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-01-05 at 05:24 AM.

I am 887 and still get rejected from time to time

I typically get invited to groups for M+ if I'm one of the first to apply (887 bag ilvl) but I don't think fire is dead just yet by any stretch. Incredibly possible that somebody better came along and they invited them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber35 View Post
    I typically get invited to groups for M+ if I'm one of the first to apply (887 bag ilvl) but I don't think fire is dead just yet by any stretch. Incredibly possible that somebody better came along and they invited them instead.
    This is my experience too (889 bag ilvl, will be interesting to see if that upgrade of 1 will make a big difference in invites...). If you apply to a really fresh group you might get a fast invite by someone thinking "let's take the bloodlust and then pick whatever high ilvl we get" but if you apply to a group that's been up for a few minutes they're going to have a huge list of DPS to choose from and the odds are against you even if they're just randomly choosing from the dozen 880+ applicants.

Even my pally tank gets declined often from higher than level 6 with bag ilvl 874 since much of LFG is convinced that 3 chests takes 880+. My warrior tank still gets insta invites with bag ilvl 880 (which is funny because my paladins ilvl is also actual ilvl since I have no extra legendaries and my warrior is actually lower...). At this point it seems to be 880+ bag ilvl or GTFO, soon it will be 890+ or GTFO especially for DPS.

But it's not like I act very different from general LFG when making my own groups - there's nothing else you know about these applicants except their class and ilvl. I've found inviting mages somewhat risky since you sometimes get people who don't use cooldowns or even Rune of Power outside of bosses and mages produce tank level trash DPS if they hold back on RoP/Flame On/Combustion etc.