Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    Another WIN for the American Worker! NICE JOB TRUMP!!

Got to love the folks on MMO Champ that can spin this to make it appear bad...so sad
    You're the one spinning it to seem like it was Trump's idea, so...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Ahh - state subsidies. I thought that only happened in Britain.
    Happens everywhere.
    #riggingthefreemarket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    How was that even Trump Cheerleading? lol. That was a pretty neutral comment since I said both sides were pointless. But as usual "OMG YOU DIDN'T SPEAK ABOUT TRUMP IN AN ABSOLUTE HATEFUL WAY, IT MUST BE CHEERLEADING!"
    Except you entered the thread speaking about liberals calling Trump Hitler and comments about Hillary and then completely changed course first into saying that Trump supporters will believe that he had something to do, and Democrats will say he didn't. It was already disclosed before you entered the thread that this would be done by Ford regardless of Trump's involvement. You just wanted to jump in with your snide Trump remarks and Hillary attacks like you do in every thread....You didn't make any neutral comments...You made bullshit comments because you didn't even bother reading the thread before you started with your usual rhetoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't a Trump Win. It's an American Win. instead of both sides being Idiots arguing who did or did not help it happen, people should just be happy it DID happen.

I could give zero shits if they did it because of Trump or not. I'm just sick of ANYTHING positive being turned into a Trump/Anti-Trump debate regardless of if he was or was not involved.
    Pointing out that Trump DIDN'T do something he's taking credit for isn't "anti-trump," it's "pro-logic."

I realize pro-logic often comes off as anti-trump, as he rarely deals in it, but telling people to "shut up and be happy it's happening regardless of the circumstances" is just letting Trump get another lie off.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    You're right this is a good thing for Americans and I'm happy with it. But it's important to call out the bullshit for what it is when people are falsely taking credit for something.
    Well people will always use timing of things as a correlation to their agendas and stances. Trump talks about bringing back Jobs, and in the near future Ford does it. Regardless of if he had any influence or not people will correlate things that happen in a specific timeframe.

Every President has done it, both Rep and Dem for decades. Since if you can correlate something to your parties agenda and there is no way to really "prove" one way or another your policies didn't have any sway, people will attach themselves to the idea regardless of if it is true or not. It's PR at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The articles I linked would suggest that the plant they'll build in the US is going to build electric and hybrid cars, while the Mexican plant would have built regular compacts. Due to a decrease in demand for the compacts, while electric and hybrid are viewed as having a lot of growth potential, they changed their plans.

But you're right that it would generally result in higher prices. That's what the anti-globalism people don't get. They're just going to end up paying more for the same shit and they won't be any better off.
    Like the tax plan the GOP proposed that didn't get near enough attention. Basically, giving tax credits and such for companies who export while adding enormous tariffs to imports.

The Koch Brothers even called it out as fucking terrible, and they're practically the conservative puppet masters, as the consumers would take the brunt of it when companies like Wal-Mart, who almost solely import goods, would jack their prices up unless fed tax payer funds and tax breaks to open their own manufacturing facilities or buy in country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to love the folks on MMO Champ that can spin this to make it appear bad...so sad
    Quote someone claiming it was bad. All I see is conflict of opinion on who deserves credit...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Once again, of all the sectors of manufacture in the US, the automobile one is one of the most ironclad, and it's not some production in Mexico that would have changed that.

(You realize, even with confusion, that a Hyundai is as American built than a Ford ?)

Another WIN for the American Worker! NICE JOB TRUMP!!

No one is spinning it as bad. They're calling Trump out on his bullshit as he's trying to take credit for a plan that's been in the works before he even got elected, just like he did with Carrier and Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Except you entered the thread speaking about liberals calling Trump Hitler and comments about Hillary and then completely changed course first into saying that Trump supporters will believe that he had something to do, and Democrats will say he didn't. It was already disclosed before you entered the thread that this would be done by Ford regardless of Trump's involvement. You just wanted to jump in with your snide Trump remarks and Hillary attacks like you do in every thread....You didn't make any neutral comments...You made bullshit comments because you didn't even bother reading the thread before you started with your usual rhetoric.
    Because if people are going to attack one candidate for their basis of them being bad, Why not attack the other to balance it out.

I mean if Hillary Won and this Ford thing happen I can guarantee that Dems across the country would be saying "YAY HILLARY, HELPING BRING BACK JOBS FOR HER COUNTRY!!"

I just enjoy dismissing people who are Pro-Hillary, as they like dismissing anyone else that wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Witness the MAGA.

Trump doing more for workers in a few weeks as the President-Elect than Obama did in eight years as the actual President.

And its not only jobs its high tech jobs too, damn, what a fucking WIN.
    Sprint call center jobs are high tech?

Obama's done nothing

U.S. construction spending rose more than expected in November, reaching its highest level in 10-1/2 years, which could provide a lift to fourth-quarter economic growth.

The Commerce Department said on Tuesday that construction spending increased 0.9 percent to $1.18 trillion, the highest level since April 2006. It was boosted by gains in both private and public sector investment

Obama's done nothing:

The U.S. unemployment rate hit its lowest level in nine years in November, the U.S. Department of Labor reported Friday. According to the data, nonfarm payrolls rose by 178,000 jobs from October to November, pushing the unemployment rate down to 4.6 percent—the lowest measure since August 2007.Dec 2, 2016

Obama's done nothing:

Housing starts touched a nine-year high in October as builders ramped up construction of both single and multi-family homes. Steady increase in hiring and healthier finances have made home purchases affordable, which eventually boosted construction. Rise in income levels is also likely to drive demand among buyers, in spite of an uptick in borrowing costs.

Obama's done nothing:

President Obama is now taking credit for creating 15 million jobs.
    That's how many new jobs have been created since the dark days of the Great Recession. Another solid month of hiring in September has brought the tally to over 15 million non-farm jobs.

Brusuelas found that 47% of the jobs created since January 2010 have been in the high-wage category.

Obama's done nothing:

The U.S. budget deficit ended last year at its lowest level since 2007, marking the sixth straight annual drop.

Give credit to Trump where it belongs : he have -17 day of presidency and have yet to embark in a quagmire costing trillions of dollars.

This is the problem with populism. People will credit him for things he hasn't done and let him off easy on things he had.
    I'm not even going to discuss why out sourcing is a good thing, well, cause good luck having a rational argument here.
    People's stupidity really is infinite.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2017-01-03 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well people will always use timing of things as a correlation to their agendas and stances. Trump talks about bringing back Jobs, and in the near future Ford does it. Regardless of if he had any influence or not people will correlate things that happen in a specific timeframe.

Every President has done it, both Rep and Dem for decades. Since if you can correlate something to your parties agenda and there is no way to really "prove" one way or another your policies didn't have any sway, people will attach themselves to the idea regardless of if it is true or not. It's PR at the end of the day.
    I agree but I'm still going to try my best to educate people on what actually happened. The more informed people are the better imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Pointing out that Trump DIDN'T do something he's taking credit for isn't "anti-trump," it's "pro-logic."

I realize pro-logic often comes off as anti-trump, as he rarely deals in it, but telling people to "shut up and be happy it's happening regardless of the circumstances" is just letting Trump get another lie off.
    I mean apart from just taking the Ford Ceo's comment at face value, can you PROVE it is a lie that Trumps policies had no sway? No one can prove either side. So there is no real point in arguing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if people are going to attack one candidate for their basis of them being bad, Why not attack the other to balance it out.

I mean if Hillary Won and this Ford thing happen I can guarantee that Dems across the country would be saying "YAY HILLARY, HELPING BRING BACK JOBS FOR HER COUNTRY!!"

I just enjoy dismissing people who are Pro-Hillary, as they like dismissing anyone else that wasn't.
    So now you're moving your goal posts again and admit that you didn't make a neutral comment?

Well at least you're admitting to being a shit poster and that you don't follow the threads you post in.

I think we're done here.

Lets give Trump credit.

I just wonder why are they investing less than half of what they planned for Mexico and if there was a "deal" made like Carrier.

It is 700 more jobs so I am happy. I hope it didn't come on the back of tax credit that is comparable to investment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    If Trump claimed that he is responsible for the sun rising in the morning, people would believe it.

And what is baffling is that the usual suspects managed to be brainwashed into believing that of all sectors of manufacturing, automobile was threatened by globalisation (when virtually all single car bought in the United States is assembled there, with the exception of some plants in Mexico.

(You do know, isn'it, that a Toyota and a Volkswagen you buy in the USA is assembled by American workers ? You [I]do[/I realize that dwindling marker shares of the big three is because they are making bad cars that are unsellable in countries where manhood is not tied to gussling 10 gallons per mile ?) ]
    If trump ran into a burning building and saved 12 orphans certain people would spin it negative and say he molested them on the way out.

Ford giving trump partial credit is setting a precedent for other businesses to follow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I agree but I'm still going to try my best to educate people on what actually happened. The more informed people are the better imo.
    But how can you educate people on it when there is no real way to prove what actually happened. At this point it is people just taking comments at face value.

Better to just take solace in the fact it did happen and not turn it into another political circlejerk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So now you're moving your goal posts again and admit that you didn't make a neutral comment?
    I didn't move my goalposts, the original comment you did quote was neutral. The other comment I made directly attacking Hillary was not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Lets give Trump credit.
    He isn't taking office for another 3 weeks. These are not new deals due to Trump, just Trump taking credit for them.

I just wonder why are they investing less than half of what they planned for Mexico and if there was a "deal" made like Carrier.
    Because the CEO already said that even the remaining jobs are just a place holder until they plan to automate.

It is 700 more jobs so I am happy. I hope it didn't come on the back of tax credit that is comparable to investment.
    700k each year for 10 years, without any guarantees that employees will be kept for any specific periods of time.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi