Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    I am on EU but haven't got the chance to play for the last couple of days. How long will these events be up for? Unless I am missing that particular info, nothing in the post on this site mentions anything in that regard.
    Till the 11th afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Same. God knows we need more unique items since shit like stats and gems got dumbed down.
    WoW definitely feels lesser since Blizzard got afflicted with this crippling fear of complexity for our characters. I mean, look at talents. There's not really much choice when you get down to it. There's always a "best" option. Same with gearing. Same with Legendaries.

What I don't understand is how a game like Diablo 3 can manage to pull off allowing players so many legitimate options for playstyles, but the same devs coming from that team into wow can't get it done.

The little bastards keep spawning in Maw of Souls, after 2 of the the dps died on Helya. So we didnt have enough DPS to kill it before it escapes (they do not appear to be able to be stunned or slowed), happened twice tonight.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Treasure Goblin spawned for me in Dalaran sewers. Killing it opens a portal to the secret cow level (Yorgen Farmstead in Duskwood). Kill the Cow King for phat lewt!*

*not all that phat, guitar plays for 30s in rest areas, 66 min CD.
    Should be 666 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    WoW definitely feels lesser since Blizzard got afflicted with this crippling fear of complexity for our characters. I mean, look at talents. There's not really much choice when you get down to it. There's always a "best" option. Same with gearing. Same with Legendaries.

What I don't understand is how a game like Diablo 3 can manage to pull off allowing players so many legitimate options for playstyles, but the same devs coming from that team into wow can't get it done.
    There has always been one way of playing optimally. These talent trees are less cookie cutter than the ones we've had before and for some, it'll get better in 7.1.5.

Don't like the MoP style talent trees, they're nothing but a hassle of changing them between bosses. I would like if next expansion they get rid of them and baked the talents into a new one like artifact talents system instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea when this event begins on US realms?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Should be 666 seconds
    It's 66 minutes and 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    The little bastards keep spawning in Maw of Souls, after 2 of the the dps died on Helya. So we didnt have enough DPS to kill it before it escapes (they do not appear to be able to be stunned or slowed), happened twice tonight.
    knockback works but does nothing it just goes into it's portal.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Any idea when this event begins on US realms?
    It already started.

Took D3 a long time to get to the point where each spec had an actual choice based on gameplay, but it suffers from everything Wow currently does. Legendaries and Ancient Armor making or breaking a build, builds relying on an abundance of a certain stat, CDR and so on. Then you get into grp play where pushing higher rifts leaves a majority of the classes on the self.

Though the plus side is they are constantly improving their specs and gears while Blizzard struggles to even take notice something isnt right until its way to late even if players are constantly feedbacking the issues.
    Last edited by darklogrus; 2017-01-04 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    D3 doesn't have legitimate options for playstyles.
    Once you play Greater Rifts seriously you are basically forced into certain specs, or even classes.
    Hmm...I suppose it depends on how far into GR you want to go. I went to GR41 during season 6 on hardcore just with self-found junk using my own playstyle. While not some crazy achievement(top ladder was somewhere in the high 80s, low 90s IIRC), I could play just fine using whatever. I even switched styles completely around GR 20 when I started to get different gear.

Maybe the top 10 players all use the same cheese, I don't know. But the point I was making was that Diablo 3 lets you get away with a lot more flexibility, whereas WoW literally has VERY relatively limited options to begin with.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Took D3 a long time to get to the point where each spec had an actual choice based on gameplay, but it suffers from everything Wow currently does. Legendaries and Ancient Armor making or breaking a build, builds relying on an abundance of a certain stat, CDR and so on. Then you get into grp play where pushing higher rifts leaves a majority of the classes on the self.

Though the plus side is they are constantly improving their specs and gears while Blizzard struggles to even take notice something isnt right until its way to late even if players are constantly feedbacking the issues.
    D3 launched 4 years ago. WoW has been around for 12. Now WoW has devs from the Diablo team. You'd think by now they could figure things out.

Mostly, however, I think it's less of knowing how to make it better(I think they know that already), and more about being forced to operate under the extremely restrictive yoke of the monthly subscription model. Everything has to be stretched and delayed and packed with filler, which hampers making the game actually as good as it could be.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-04 at 07:12 PM.

D3 launched 4 years ago. WoW has been around for 12. Now WoW has devs from the Diablo team. You'd think by now they could figure things out.

Mostly, however, I think it's less of knowing how to make it better(I think they know that already), and more about being forced to operate under the extremely restrictive yoke of the monthly subscription model. Everything has to be stretched and delayed and packed with filler, which hampers making the game actually as good as it could be.
    It did take Wilson stepping down from D3 to make it a better game then when launched and maybe thats Wows problem as well. Maybe the game as a whole just lacks the right people leading it nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    GR41 is like doing heroic dungeons in WoW.
    So you have to make a fair comparison.
    In normal dungeons you can also get away with everything, hell, I sometimes DPS as Holy Paladin.
    GR41 on hardcore is not the same as heroics by any comparison. If you tried to heroic faceroll in hardcore, you'd die and have to start over. But that's beside the point: D3 gives many more options on how to play relative to WoW. The difference in effectiveness at the top end is often more a matter of personal playstyle and skill than raw gearing. Some people master the stutter-step, others are more cautious, some abuse bugs or auto-macros on their $200 gaming mice(there was one GR99 player who got caught doing that).

Compare that to wow? There's literally only one way to play at the top end.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    It did take Wilson stepping down from D3 to make it a better game then when launched and maybe thats Wows problem as well. Maybe the game as a whole just lacks the right people leading it nowadays.
    I wouldn't argue against that. I have no love for Hazzicostas and Afriasabi. IMO they're holding the game back because they're trying too hard to stick to an outdated formula for the game. But that's getting a bit off topic.

I REALLY hope they're using these mini events to gauge the kinds of things that players like to do. If anything I kind of wish they'd turn all these mini-holiday events into world quests and just rotate them through.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-04 at 10:26 PM.

So what are the chances we non-raiding pug players will get to enjoy this? ...and how do we do that?

Or has it already ended...
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Anyone able to kill the Cowking today for loot?
    I killed him yesterday and got the toy, but today he is unlootable. Thought it was supposed to be lootable once per day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    So what are the chances we non-raiding pug players will get to enjoy this? ...and how do we do that?

Or has it already ended...
    go to dalaran sewers or just do a heroic, not that hard to find goblins
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S3nsenmann View Post
    Anyone able to kill the Cowking today for loot?
    I killed him yesterday and got the toy, but today he is unlootable. Thought it was supposed to be lootable once per day
    you sure its been over 24 hrs since your last kill...more then likely it doesn't reset till daily reset timer of 7am PST. Remember clocks got pushed back 1 hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you do the event pre level 100 or no? I was thinking of doing it on an alt to avoid Lagaran 2.0 (even with an above average machine) is why I ask.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Killed cow king when it first went live around 3AM. Logged in today and I can't loot him.

Overall this is a pretty crap event. Both toys are kinda sucky and the event isn't even open to lower level players.