Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Im not trolling. If you dont want to use the software intended to control and sync the device, then dont purchase it. iTunes is the software Apple intends you to use to manage your iOS devices. I dont see the mystery.

As to inferring you purchased it... what am i supposed to infer? You HAVE the device, and the usual way that happens is by purchasing it. Would you have preferred i inferred that you STOLE it?

Get over yourself.
    And how is anyone supposed to infer that "Then dont buy an Apple product" is not a troll, get over yourself, it doesn't answer the question AT ALL.

It's none of anyone's business how I acquired the device it's not relevant to the original question. If I HAD bought it (which I didn't) am I supposed to somehow go back in time and NOT buy it?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    And how is anyone supposed to infer that "Then dont buy an Apple product" is not a troll, get over yourself, it doesn't answer the question AT ALL.

It's none of anyone's business how I acquired the device it's not relevant to the original question. If I HAD bought it (which I didn't) am I supposed to somehow go back in time and NOT buy it?
    iTunes was required for them since the day they were released.

Doesn't really matter how you obtained it, anyone who obtains one should know that they are required to use the sorry excuse for software that it requires. Otherwise purchase a different device.

It's like when people get so surprised after they go out and buy iPhones just because their popular friends are buying them and get confused when they realize that they have to use iTunes to use some of the common features. They amount of times that people have come to me asking how they are suppose to use it or even asks how to avoid using it is unreal.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Everything on apple runs on the shittiest motherfucking piece of hitler esque bullshit program known to fucking man. Called itunes.

Just don't buy apple. They're overpriced pieces of shit.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Everything on apple runs on the shittiest motherfucking piece of hitler esque bullshit program known to fucking man. Called itunes.

Just don't buy apple. They're overpriced pieces of shit.
    Well, considering the other flagship phones are the same price and come with their own problems... calm down.

You don't NEED iTunes to grab your photos or music from your phone.

As the OP as found out. Turn off the iCloud optimized storage setting on the iPhone, plug phone into computer, save pictures in DCIM folder. Profit.

Thread is solved. Move along Apple fanboys and haters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    iTunes was required for them since the day they were released.
    iTunes is not required to do what the OP was trying to do. I transfer files from my work phone, an iPhone, to my win7 box often and I don't have iTunes installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Towstie View Post
    Well, considering the other flagship phones are the same price and come with their own problems... calm down.

You don't NEED iTunes to grab your photos or music from your phone.

As the OP as found out. Turn off the iCloud optimized storage setting on the iPhone, plug phone into computer, save pictures in DCIM folder. Profit.

I don't consider myself an apple hater so much as an itunes hater. Whoever was behind that program should be buried neck deep next to a fire ant pile
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Stop bickering and hating on Apple, please keep the discussion civil and productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Towstie View Post

Actually i couldn't lol. Her work phone is only 8gb ( I think is the 5 instead of the 6, dunno they all look the same ) and its full with nothing more than the OS and emails. No music.

I can't log into her icloud account and get it from there since her work set her phone up, along with the itunes / apple account she doesn't know the password

Just told her to take that piece of shit to her IT and have them do it or ask for a better / bigger storage since her job requires taking pictures of merchandise throughout the day.

I almost wanted to give her my used S3 that I still got laying around, just switch the SIM. GG. But nah fuck it let her work deal with it.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-01-05 at 09:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So she takes photos of merchandise at work on a company phone and you dont understand why they have the phone set to send pics to a secure cloud account?

Theres a reason they are using iphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    You can do it using a program called iExplorer. It gives iOS a file structure similar to what you would expect when you plug in an Android device.

So, download iExplorer, plug phone in, navigate directories, ???, win.
    I believe this is the app I finally got for my own computer. If its the one I'm thinking of then yes, it is very easy to use and bring all of your photos off the iPhone onto your computer. Along with various other items you may have on your phone like music files, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    I literally email photos to myself from my phone every single day. Albeit I'm sending groups of 4-8 photos at a time rather than whole albums, but it's probably the most direct option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You are in the demon hunter forum, otherwise known as the 7.0 hype train. Why did you board the hype train if you don't wish to participate in hype train activities?

Well, first of all, you can use iTunes and iCloud. Second, you can use Google Photos, Dropbox. It's not a difficult way, you should be able to easily transfer photos from iPhone to PC. Especially iTunes:
    Run iTunes > Connect iPhone to Computer > Find Top on the iTunes interface > click on the device icon > find "Photos" in the Control Panel > check "Sync Photos" > select "All Photos & Albums" > "Apps" > Transfer The process is completed.

Infracted
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2019-05-10 at 03:14 PM.

I'm looking forward to the day my iphone dies so I can get away from that piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Actually i couldn't lol. Her work phone is only 8gb ( I think is the 5 instead of the 6, dunno they all look the same ) and its full with nothing more than the OS and emails. No music.

I can't log into her icloud account and get it from there since her work set her phone up, along with the itunes / apple account she doesn't know the password

Just told her to take that piece of shit to her IT and have them do it or ask for a better / bigger storage since her job requires taking pictures of merchandise throughout the day.

I almost wanted to give her my used S3 that I still got laying around, just switch the SIM. GG. But nah fuck it let her work deal with it.
    As an IT person, I would most likely laugh hysterically at you if you asked me to do this.

So you say the phone is 8GB, but we're under the assumption that her pics take up more space than that based on what you've been saying. That obviously means that yes, they are indeed saved in iCloud.

Guess what. The ONLY WAY you can get them FROM iCloud IS FROM iCLOUD. If you can't log into her account on their website in order to grab the files, WTF do you expect IT to do? You think we all just magically have the signin info for every user we support? (Oddly enough, I get 'yes' as an answer to this far too often.) I mean, if the entire company just uses a singular iCloud account for whichever position your gf is in, but even then iCloud accounts can only support up to like...6? Devices.

Getting another phone with bigger storage doesn't solve the issue. In order to do what I'm assuming you think you could do, it would, again, require signing into iCloud. At which point you could've just signed into the website and gotten them there.

In other words, figure out what the logon info is for the iCloud account or you aren't getting anywhere with this phone.

Welcome to Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Great necro btw
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to close this as its several years old.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab