Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I never said it would lol. It's still childish to wish death/illness upon or send death threats to developers over a video game.
    But it's also meaningless, so why put meaning into it? Just ignore those people and talk to the ones that matter. Going dark over a few bad apples does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    But it's also meaningless, so why put meaning into it? Just ignore those people and talk to the ones that matter. Going dark over a few bad apples does nothing.
    Exactly which is what I said earlier. Bother with the people providing constructive criticism. Not those screaming and shouting and spamming crap like death threats.

You really take a death threat over a forum seriously? Really? Yeah, because someone saying they hope you get cancer equals them shooting up your home.
    Because that totally makes it acceptable to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Thing is, certain questionable decisions trigger said harassment.

With certain cards, Purify being the best example here, you can see it from a mile away how useful this card will be and how people will react to it.

Does it justify harassment? Absolutely not, but they are feeding the trolls with stuff like this.
    Bad decisions should trigger constructive criticism, not harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Bad decisions should trigger constructive criticism, not harassment.
    Point above still holds true, you can't change the Internet.

And anybody who at least played one Online game with a competitive factor knows how people behave there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because that totally makes it acceptable to do.
    It doesn't hurt or affect you, though. If it does, evaluate your life.

Quote Originally Posted by KillBane View Post
    Ben Brode is not the hero we deserve. He does that on his off time, wow.
    Make sure to cradle the balls. Guys like that.

If all they'd add was dungeons with co-op like the card game I'd be happy. Me and two other decks vs a dungeon deck is the only hero I need and we deserve!

It doesn't hurt or affect you, though. If it does, evaluate your life.
    Actually it does, we're getting less talk from the devs because they're afraid of being harassed and you're trying to justify that, when if they weren't harassed in the first place this wouldn't be an issue.

Actually it does, we're getting less talk from the devs because they're afraid of being harassed and you're trying to justify that, when if they weren't harassed in the first place this wouldn't be an issue.
    You use the word "harassed" like they're being trailed to work every day by these people, followed into grocery stores with their children and called whores, phoned three times a week and asked if their refrigerator is running and if it is they should go catch it. Instead, it's some kids on social media that you can easily block or just ignore and shouldn't cause you any stress because they're kids on social media. Do these guys crumple into a heap when a fifth grader calls them a nerd? I mean, Jesus.

You use the word "harassed" like they're being trailed to work every day by these people, followed into grocery stores with their children and called whores, phoned three times a week and asked if their refrigerator is running and if it is they should go catch it. Instead, it's some kids on social media that you can easily block or just ignore and shouldn't cause you any stress because they're kids on social media. Do these guys crumple into a heap when a fifth grader calls them a nerd? I mean, Jesus.
    And yet you're really adamant on sticking up for these harassers for some strange reason.

And no, I didn't make it sound like any of that.

And yet you're really adamant on sticking up for these harassers for some strange reason.

And no, I didn't make it sound like any of that.
    I'm not sticking up for anyone. I just find it funny that grown men can't handle verbal attacks from random strangers (likely mostly teenagers) on the internet.

I'm not sticking up for anyone. I just find it funny that grown men can't handle verbal attacks from random strangers (likely mostly teenagers) on the internet.
    There's a big difference between not being able to handle it, and it not being worth your time.

Simple question. Spending time listening to verbal attacks from strangers is:
    a) enjoyabe
    b) neutral
    c) distasteful

I'm pretty sure most people would answer b or c, with the odd person saying a.

Why would someone choose to spend time doing something they find neutral or distasteful if they don't have to? It's not growing a thicker shin. It's getting the most out of your time.

Yet again, you're inventing your own reasons for these things.

Who says they can't handle it? It very well could be a "They don't want to". You're the one that brought in death threats as an example even, and then said that's fine because "who says it's serious"

10+ Year Old Account
    How do either of those hurt you? If they do, you should reevaluate your life.
    I design things for a living and there's a big difference between people constructively critiquing your work and flat out telling you it sucks balls.

Designers become emotionally attached to aspects of all the things they create, it's part of the job. Another part of the job is the constant struggle to separate yourself from your works so that you can improve them objectively, which sometimes means what the industry has termed "killing your babies".

I can't speak to game design, but I can speak to architecture. I went through graduate design school to have my beloved work roasted and flayed to the minutest detail in order for me to learn how to better design spaces for people. Now that I design at a firm, I would never expect to receive the same kind of feedback from clients that I received in school, and not just because my competency has risen. There's a certain professionalism that is expected as a designer receiving feedback, and I can sympathise with Brode and the other developers who are subjected to a complete lack of it.

When a designer is showing you something he's putting a little piece of himself out there for you. A piece he has painstakingly cared for, loved and nurtured for months or years. Unless you've ever done it at a professional level you cannot fathom how terrifying it is to even put yourself out like that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Players in the community who complain about something and trash talk designers without providing workable improvements that objectively look at valid issues within the game aren't worth having feedback from said game designers. I wouldn't waste time on such QQ/troll like behavior from toxic players either if I were in their situation.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2017-01-05 at 08:34 AM.

No.

This is just no. Nothing justifies harassment.
    If you promise A and B and you don't deliver on A and B, you'll get harassed. It's one of the things blizzard did and they paid the price. Is it justified? No. Did they bring it upon themselves? Yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If I was a dev of any Blizzard game I wouldn't want to either. Understand where they are coming from. Community for Blizzard games is rancid as hell.
    Blizzard games? This is what it's like for all games, everywhere. It's what happens when teenagers can hide behind a screen and say whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Blizzard games? This is what it's like for all games, everywhere. It's what happens when teenagers can hide behind a screen and say whatever they want.
    So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I know. But since we are being specific I was referring to Blizzard games in relation to the topic. Of course there are toxic online communities. I never suggested nor implied that Blizzard are unique to it.