Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Pascal's wager is a bad argument.
    its probably the best argument , especially for atheists who claim to be logical and realistic people, but you wont save your soul by simply believing, you have to live a certain life, also if you are an atheist and you live a moral life, you will go to heaven , it doesnt matter if you belive or not and those who are hardcore religious but live immoral lives will go to hell, religion is very simple

Deleted
    Neither is Taftvalue, I'm a born again christian now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, good for him? I guess?

In other news I still am an atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Yes, it is. You never were an atheist in the first place if you can believe in god.
    Okay.

You know I used to come into those religious debate threads and pooh-pooh the idea that atheists are just as zealous and intolerant as religious people. Congratulations internet, you've worn me down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Didn't you check your atheist card? They all say lifetime card carrying member.
    I have a nihilist card. It's hard to read the text on it because it's black on black.

Like my sooooooouuul...

Think I found out why.

In before thread gets closed.
    So your theory is that his Buddhist wife made him Jewish?

Becoming more interested in the religion of your birth is a pretty common thing to happen when people get older, have families, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good for him. If he is happy , that is what matters and if he is wrong and there is no God, what has he lost if he is happy in life? But what if he was wrong when he was a atheist?
    What if he picks the wrong God?

And there's like, millions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need more celebrities to identify as satanists.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    its probably the best argument , especially for atheists who claim to be logical and realistic people, but you wont save your soul by simply believing, you have to live a certain life, also if you are an atheist and you live a moral life, you will go to heaven , it doesnt matter if you belive or not and those who are hardcore religious but live immoral lives will go to hell, religion is very simple
    Bolded the most false part of a series of falsehoods :P

Everything you just said not only depends on what religion you're talking about, but which flavour of which religion. As interpreted by whom.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Okay.

You know I used to come into those religious debate threads and pooh-pooh the idea that atheists are just as zealous and intolerant as religious people. Congratulations internet, you've worn me down.

I have a nihilist card. It's hard to read the text on it because it's black on black.

Like my sooooooouuul...

So your theory is that his Buddhist wife made him Jewish?

Becoming more interested in the religion of your birth is a pretty common thing to happen when people get older, have families, etc.

What if he picks the wrong God?

And there's like, millions
    Still a personal decision. Only time will tell if we make the right choices in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then he never were an atheist in the first place.
    I think I agree with this. I mean if you're an atheist something really drastic has to happen for you to just suddenly start believing in a god. At least that's what I think. Has he been in some life threatening accident and survived it by some miracle? Or is it somehow financially beneficial for him to start believing in a god? Either that or he was not really an atheist to begin with. He was probably an agnostic that called himself an atheist.

I don't care about Facebook (only reason I have it is for family) or social media crap in general so he can believe in whatever he wants, I really don't give a shit. This guy is never in my thoughts so I really don't care what he does with his time.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-01-04 at 02:58 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

7+ Year Old Account
    Where does it say he went back to Judaism? It's clear in the article that he's following his wife's religion now. Do you guys even read what's presented?
    I did, and it didnt give me the impression that he is a budhist either. He said “Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah from Priscilla, Max, Beast and me!”

Good for him I guess?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet he's still an atheist it's just his wife is watching what he writes and he assured her that he's a Buddhist now.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Remember me when he'll run for presidency in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    "Baptized" by pussy. He's not the first one. Weakling.
    Pssst. Jews aren't baptized. Nor are Buddhists as far as I know.

What makes you think it's the wife and not the child? Or like, any number of other things?

I'm putting my money on "raging misogyny".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Still a personal decision. Only time will tell if we make the right choices in life.
    What if the one that exists hates the one you picked? Then you're SUPER fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pssst. Jews aren't baptized. Nor are Buddhists as far as I know.
    They are under the quotation marks.
    What makes you think it's the wife and not the child? Or like, any number of other things?
    it's always the religious wife. I've seen it happen too many times.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I think I agree with this. I mean if you're an atheist something really drastic has to happen for you to just suddenly start believing in a god. At least that's what I think. Has he been in some life threatening accident and survived it by some miracle? Or is it somehow financially beneficial for him to start believing in a god? Either that or he was not really an atheist to begin with. He was probably an agnostic that called himself an atheist.

I don't care about Facebook (only reason I have it is for family) or social media crap in general so he can believe in whatever he wants, I really don't give a shit. This guy is never in my thoughts so I really don't care what he does with his time.
    Or... you could just change your mind?

Like how he changed his mind to become an atheist in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then he never were an atheist in the first place.
    Everyone is an atheist in the first place.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They are under the quotation marks.

it's always the religious wife. I've seen it happen too many times.
    Okay, as long as we're making assumptions on the basis of nothing I'm going to assume you wear a pink tutu whenever you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    If Mark Zuckerberg can find his faith again.....

http://nypost.com/2017/01/02/mark-zu...er-an-atheist/
    Not surprising Zuckerberg wants to get into politics, it's really hard for an atheist in the US to get elected. My only question is whether or not he will go for lower office or straight run for President.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Remember me when he'll run for presidency in 2020
    He's going to have a hard time with the strong field of Kanye, Snooki and Flavor Flav.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, as long as we're making assumptions on the basis of nothing I'm going to assume you wear a pink tutu whenever you post.
    It's blue actually, I'm a boi.