Koltira's Newfound Will -- build and play style changes?

Is Icecap/Obliteration is the goto build with this belt? Or, do you need Pillar of Frost uptime to be a certain % to make it worthwhile?

Any rotation changes with the sometimes excess runes/runic power?

I believe they're still the optimal talents. I have the belt and bracers and run the same build. It does make it a little harder to maintain consistent uptime on Frozen Pulse though as sometimes you just have too many runes to spend and not enough GCD's

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamthemute View Post
    Is Icecap/Obliteration is the goto build with this belt? Or, do you need Pillar of Frost uptime to be a certain % to make it worthwhile?

Any rotation changes with the sometimes excess runes/runic power?
    i'd take Ice Cap and spam the SHIT outta OB and stack versa gear/chants/gems.
    Then on patch day I'd take Gathering Storm and BoS. So much OBs giving RP you really wont need RA.

Then belt is incredible. I seen a guy in person go from the 10th-12th spot up to 5-6 on meters with it. Its that good. Bracers are overrated. Belt is king
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Then on patch day I'd take Gathering Storm and BoS. So much OBs giving RP you really wont need RA.

Then belt is incredible. I seen a guy in person go from the 10th-12th spot up to 5-6 on meters with it. Its that good. Bracers are overrated. Belt is king
    Not knocking your suggestion, I'm just curious, why would you stack Versa over any other stat?

A lot of people are reporting that vers are their best secondary stats when they stack them in their sim. Obviously they don't neglect the others stats either but they all seem to have their own softcap.

Yea once the Frostscythe build went away the Belt became king. It will be even better when we get the Teir set. Obliterate just does so much damage and once u get 3 ambidexterity relic you wont ever look back. Stat wise im still building Crit/Haste simply because once 7.1.5 comes out all our secondary stats drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Not knocking your suggestion, I'm just curious, why would you stack Versa over any other stat?
    In his case, because its the only stat that obliterate scales on.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post

Maybe he just mastered the high skillcap of OBRA. :>

Got the belt, got 890ish gear, tried allready 10%+ versa and its just the same for ST. At least with mastery gear you get some sweet freezing fog AoE DPS when you get lucky, sometimes enough for mythic+ with OBRA.

The sim tells us not go crazy with versa, most belt only frost DKs ranked without going crazy with versa.

The guy you saw maybe just couldnt keep icy talons up without the belt. ;D
    -

Deleted
    I've just got the belt myself and I'm finding that I rarely am left with few enough runes to justify using ERW, does anyone else find this? I don't have a lot of haste (23%) and yet a couple of times I've gone through and entire M+ without using ERW once, now I know that this is more about bad play and DK is my 5th alt and frost isn't the main spec I play on it so of course I'm playing far from perfect but ERW seems underwhelming for a 5 minute CD these days and I would even go as far as saying its bordering on useless. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    I've just got the belt myself and I'm finding that I rarely am left with few enough runes to justify using ERW, does anyone else find this? I don't have a lot of haste (23%) and yet a couple of times I've gone through and entire M+ without using ERW once, now I know that this is more about bad play and DK is my 5th alt and frost isn't the main spec I play on it so of course I'm playing far from perfect but ERW seems underwhelming for a 5 minute CD these days and I would even go as far as saying its bordering on useless. Am I missing something?
    As a main frost Dk with the belt (and who considers himself fairly good) I am in the same boat.

Edit: I suppose it does allow a heap of obliterates after pressing ERM which will likely proc more runes for another obliterate or two, not to mention potential Rime procs and the necessity to dump what will now be a huge amount of Runic Power into a few Frost Strikes...

Frozen Pulse becomes impossible for the next 10 seconds after using it but
    Last edited by Fjaxx; 2017-01-06 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Because everything he said is wrong and you shouldn't listen to him.

Long boss fights you will use it, short fights you wont. You will eventually get to points where you run out of steam.

Deleted
    I am the same.. also find it quite hard not to cap runic power