Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Don't use TSM actually unless you don't mind a risk of being banned. People will say "well I've used it for 6 year and always never banned" that's awesome, but that doesn't mean it won't happen, and it's not worth the risk.
    This is the dumbest thing I've read in 2017, grats

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use TSM actually unless you don't mind a risk of being banned. People will say "well I've used it for 6 year and always never banned" that's awesome, but that doesn't mean it won't happen, and it's not worth the risk.
    You don't get banned for addon use.

If Blizzard doesn't like the addon they will break it's API access.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    This is the dumbest thing I've read in 2017, grats
    It was also the dumbest thing I read in 2016, for what it's worth. I'd love to know where this idea came from that you could be banned for using an addon to scan the AH. People have been doing that since release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I'd love to know where this idea came from that you could be banned for using an addon to scan the AH. People have been doing that since release.
    Maybe some people use it in order to discourage newer folks. You know.. to keep the advantage.

Buy it straight from Blizzard with your credit card.

Deleted
    I found that selling WoD crafted items (those level 91 items for which you buy the recipes from the profession building you build in your garrison) nets you at least 1000 gold per item. Considering that ores and herbs from WoD can be gotten through mine and herb garden, you can put your order, get the required items and craft a 1000 gold item. It does take time though, I won't lie.

Another idea is to farm those motes from Pandaria raids, I saw they sell like hot bread and for really high prices. If you make a primal one, on my server for example that sells for 200 gold.

Another thing, always be ready for world holidays. For example, for Winterveil I bought 100 glasses of milk and sold 1 glass for 4.99 gold. I sold 80 in 5 days (I realized this a bit late). Also a stack of 5 gingerbread cookies - 99.99 gold. Sold 40 stacks. But I was a fool, the eggs actually sold for 144 gold for 5 pieces, but I thought people would pay more for finished product.
    I think Love is in the Air is next, though I don't remember now what items, if any, are needed...
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2017-01-05 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest was would be to get self sufficient via alts. Then you only need to farm what you actually need yourself.

Deleted
    Try mining/herbalism, really easy and works really well in legion and in every expansion pretty much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    Buy WoW token off Blizz store for $20. Sell in AH, collect 57-60k gold a few hours later.
    This is blizzard's plan for you op.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    This is blizzard's plan for you op.
    Yeah well its totally valid advice. For many people money is in bigger supply than time and they just want to play the game not deal with collecting gold to buy flasks. Tokens are for these people and its a great addition to the game. People like that can just use a bit more money and not worry about gold. Others with enough gold and time can buy the tokens to play the game for free.

Buy Tokens. And welcome to P2W world.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

TSM is only using that blizzard have opened up for use.
    TSM in-game isn't doing anything other auction addons are or have done.

The app to update prices is using an API which is created intentionally, and used by other websites too.

Ignorant statements like this don't prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Buy Tokens. And welcome to P2W world.
    And here comes another one.
    Gear does not ensure you "win" anything in WoW, and what is "winning" anyway.
    Overused buzzword used in intentionally vague statement.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-06 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    What? I know a multitude of people who have used TSM for years, just like me, and never had any issue.

It's a legit safe addon. Stop spreading false information.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And here comes another one.
    In many games, including Wow, increasing chance of winning is important too.

If everybody uses P2W advantages - then you're simply forced to use them too. I've encountered this problem in another game. This game have matchmaker, that should match you against players with similar performance, so paid advantages shouldn't mean anything in this game, right? Wrong! Cuz when majority of players use paid advantages - there are simply not enough players, who don't, to be matched against. I.e. in every single match there are ALWAYS several players, who simply stomp all others.

Same with Wow. Elitism - is extremely bad thing, that ruined many games. "Playing in your own league" isn't possible, when EVERY player is expected to use top buffs. Cuz no matter, how low you skill is - top buffs bring you one step higher. Elitism - is the reason, why I stopped caring about organized raiding.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-01-06 at 10:56 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Gear is extremely powerful in WoW. So yes, buying gear would technically help you win.
    Only problem with the above is that crafted gear is simply way too weak compared to raid gear.

- - - Updated - - -

"Playing in your own league" isn't possible, when EVERY player is expected to use top buffs. Cuz no matter, how low you skill is - top buffs bring you one step higher. Elitism - is the reason, why I stopped caring about organized raiding.
    That's not elitism. That's friggin common sense.
    You can't influence RNG based gear drops but you can influence what buff foods you eat.

My steadiest income of "free" gold is still the Draenor Garrison. The bags created via the WoD system are still a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to craft than the new 30-slot bags.

Having alts and doing LFR on them is also a good way to stack up the augment runes, which I then sell half and keep half of. Braindead gold income.

Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    Buy WoW token off Blizz store for $20. Sell in AH, collect 57-60k gold a few hours later.
    Or 110k gold on EU servers... ;D

Edit: Gotta love the drama llamas claiming that the gold token = P2W though... Hrm, I've purchased 3 tokens for real money since its implementation. Where are my free Mythic BiS raid pieces, titles and mounts? P2W in this game would equal not only getting gold to spend on shitty stepping-stone gear, but the very BEST of everything you can possibly achieve in-game...

And to be frank, spending the token gold on 815 gear which you then spend MORE gold just to upgrade is... well, it seems desperate considering just how quickly you can start gearing through the WQ system. Add to that the fact that you need to spend bloods in order to upgrade, so you'll be running dungeons and WQ's anyway for those...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

You can't influence RNG based gear drops but you can influence what buff foods you eat.
    Indeed. "Boohoo I wanna raid seriously but being expected to bring everything possible to the table is ELITIST and makes me stop caring about it!!!" = has always been the case for some players... Well, nothing was lost I'd say. Unless you're in the progression-style raiding scene, most teams have quite reasonable requirements. And if you're in the progression camp, you're highly unlikely to be the sort of person that would whine about requirements in the first place.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-06 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Elitism - is when it isn't required for success, but other players require it due to wanting to look similar to some ephemeral top players, who do it. This causes inflation, that kills game for casual players, who don't even care about things, like min/maxing.

Deleted
    I just think picking up herbalism and alchemy makes it less of a hassle .
    i know you said you don't like to farm for an hour , but if you know an hour of farming can make you 20-30k gold ( depends on procs ) .
    I find it more then useful to pick it up even if its on an alt ( if you have alchemy you also get 2 hour flasks ).
    But i see the point if you don't want to farm anything as it does get boring pretty quick .

10+ Year Old Account
    Elitism - is when it isn't required for success, but other players require it due to wanting to look similar to some ephemeral top players, who do it. This causes inflation, that kills game for casual players, who don't even care about things, like min/maxing.
    It's not needed on a black and white "is boss killable? yes/no" scenario, true. But there are many shades of grey and encounter difficulty is almost continuous function when correlated with player power levels.

But it is required because every bit helps and makes the encounter easier. Esp guild that struggle skill wise need every help they can get.

Doing WQ's, with BH shoulder enchant usually ending up with 2-3 quarry's, turning the Bloods from them into Potions of prolonged power and selling them on reset before raid times, easy gold.