Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Most efficient way to accumulate gold?

I haven't played many expansions but in Legion I'm having trouble understanding how people have enough gold to buy all the required consumables for mythic+ and raiding progression. Some people in my guild are using Old War Potions in +2 mythic dungeons (when with their gear they can easily 3 chest +9's) just because they can.

Flasks cost 600-800g depending on the server, Defiled Augment Runes another 300-500g, Old War potions, another 250-350g, stacks of 375 stat food 400-700 depending on the stat and Vantus runes if the guild you raid with does not provide these for you. Meanwhile, raids only give you gold (50g roughly per boss iirc, and mythic+ only gives roughly 250g at the end of the run (if you're fortunate enough to three chest). So if you want to really buff your character with flasks, runes, potions, etc you're looking at approximately 800g per mythic+ run, and that is using the lowest possible values, assuming you're running 2 mythic+ in the span of an hour, and assuming you don't wipe and end up using another food, defiled augment rune, etc. This number could easily be double if it is a high level mythic+ where using prolonged power for trash packs is an advisable strategy. Meanwhile, the return on investment is negligible at best. For raids, obviously this number is higher, perhaps exponentially so if you're the type to pop a rune, Old War, Deadly Grace pot, etc on progression pulls.

For someone not interested in farming herbs for an hour or more per day or learning the ins and outs of the AH, what is the most efficient way to "farm" gold while also having the best chance of obtaining a legendary or high ilvl+ piece of gear? I've found running regular mythics for Bloods of Sargeras is good for this but was wondering if there was something else.

Thank you.

Buy WoW token off Blizz store for $20. Sell in AH, collect 57-60k gold a few hours later.

Sure consumables are expensive, but very few people actually use augment runes and many of them such as flasks double dip into following runs. But I still make a lot of gold through class hall missions, bloods are still incredibly valuable, and while shuffles are generally less profitable they still exist. If you're dead set on farming I'd suggest you keep on farming bloods, but also to look at your servers economy. I make more gold than I would ever realistically use raiding, just by posting enchants, raiding food, and the occasional WoD potion (still haven't leveled my alch alt for R3 recipes). People who actually spend time researching the topic far outstrip whatever I make.

Use TSM on a server where not all the crafting mats are sold at 100% market value (unless you have enough capital to reset entire markets) and you will be a gold millionaire in a few weeks.

Deleted
    Dont overuse consumables.

No point of using 375 food and runes on low (<M10) M+ and vantus runes only on progress. Also potion of prolonged power are good alternative to old war in almost all scenarios.

Deleted
    No idea...

I do both, some M+ and mythic raiding, and the gold just seems to be accumulating for some reason.

Cooking, herbalism and alchemy seem to be pretty sure ways to farm gold.
    Prolonged power pots on their own should make you some K on a daily basis (Bloodhunter enchant on shoulders ftw).

Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    Buy WoW token off Blizz store for $20. Sell in AH, collect 57-60k gold a few hours later.
    Would love to buy WoW Tokens for that amount... instead it's 110k currently in Europe... /woo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    No idea...

I do both, some M+ and mythic raiding, and the gold just seems to be accumulating for some reason.
    If you've got Guild Repairs that helps to not dent your gold pouch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    If you've got Guild Repairs that helps to not dent your gold pouch
    Now that you mention it; we seem to also wipe a lot less lately... so even if we didn't have those i would still somehow be making gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Now that you mention it; we seem to also wipe a lot less lately... so even if we didn't have those i would still somehow be making gold.
    Don't need to wipe -- just doing WQs and any other activities wears down your gear -- saving yourself 300-900+g per week from general repairs still.

Enchanting is easily the way to go if you run alot of content that gives purples (which, by the way, is almost everything, LOL). I picked up enchanting on my pally for the sole ability to DE my purples for chaos crystals. On my server, on any given day, they sell for ~180-240g, depending on activity/day of the week. It isnt like 10kg PER HOUR WOWZERS but it is an easy no brainer way to consistently make gold. Also, as a tank i run everything up til M 9 without flasks, and only use cheap food. No sense in wasting that gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    WQ's, M+, heroics all give a decent amount of gold. More so if you're an enchanter. You also get BoS, which you can turn into gold.

If you are fine with losing the chance for legendaries, get an alt to 110 and run around in Suramar farming roses, or farm Fjarnskaggl, those sell for a fuck ton too

The best way no doubt is to boost people in high level content. Pvp carry or selling heroic/mythic masterlooter runs. Even selling nightbane or +12 mythic keystone can earn you a lot.

Deleted
    Roll a tank or healer, sign for heroic when it's call to arms. You easily get 1k+ gold per run with call to arms.

Get a follower equipped with the two gold granting slots. I basically earn a free extra 75g with every WQ I complete.

Get enchanting level 1, then proceed to disenchant all those purples from WQ's and dungeons instead of turning them into 30g vendor trash. Turn them into crystals. On my server I get between 300-400g per.

I'm actually sitting in over 200 of them to see how the market reacts with NH.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Get a follower equipped with the two gold granting slots. I basically earn a free extra 75g with every WQ I complete.
    And with a new DH with 82 mining and 112 herbalism, just from leveling, threw everything I had on the AH and it easily came back 80% sold for nearly 35K. A stack of seeds that I have no clue what they do for 4K? Stack of basic Dreamleaf for 6K, what? Not even trying. Gearing up, those 75g a tick kick nuts WQs adds up really quick.

10-12K a stack runes from LFR... shit, easier money this expansion than garrisons 1.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    And with a new DH with 82 mining and 112 herbalism, just from leveling, threw everything I had on the AH and it easily came back 80% sold for nearly 35K. A stack of seeds that I have no clue what they do for 4K? Stack of basic Dreamleaf for 6K, what? Not even trying. Gearing up, those 75g a tick kick nuts WQs adds up really quick.

10-12K a stack runes from LFR... shit, easier money this expansion than garrisons 1.0.
    If you are like me on some days I clear out the entire Broken Isles WQ's. That is a free 1500-2000g. What is even better is that gold stacks on top of gold rewarding WQs anyhow. So that 75g WQ just turned into a 150g WQ for just a few minutes of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Use TSM on a server where not all the crafting mats are sold at 100% market value (unless you have enough capital to reset entire markets) and you will be a gold millionaire in a few weeks.
    Don't use TSM actually unless you don't mind a risk of being banned. People will say "well I've used it for 6 year and always never banned" that's awesome, but that doesn't mean it won't happen, and it's not worth the risk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I made my fortune early on in the expansion by farming Starlight Rose (about 30K Gold/hour farming), but now I am farming up a bit of everything (except Roses, the market has dropped out on those and I have a ton sitting around to use and/or sell if prices go back up) and selling whatever seems to be going for more on the AH at any particular time.

I also pull in about 2-4K gold per day cumulatively on my toons through the Order Hall missions.

Plus the Bloods that I get from the shoulder enchants/WQ's/Farming also make for great profit.

Obliterum should be good here in a week or so again as well with the newly expanded crafted gear boosts.

i dunno, maybe pull head from ass and realize that you dont NEED pots or flasks for 99% of the game

mythic raiding? yeah

everything else? wod pots and flasks works just fine

Quote Originally Posted by ravenholdt View Post
    For someone not interested in farming herbs for an hour or more per day or learning the ins and outs of the AH, what is the most efficient way to "farm" gold while also having the best chance of obtaining a legendary or high ilvl+ piece of gear?
    Well I suppose that leaves sellruns as the only somewhat relevant option of attaining gold. Also seriously don't use runes and old wars for mythic +.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Don't use TSM actually unless you don't mind a risk of being banned. People will say "well I've used it for 6 year and always never banned" that's awesome, but that doesn't mean it won't happen, and it's not worth the risk.
    I want to see one case with proof that anyone ever got banned for using nothing but an addon available on curse
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2017-01-05 at 10:39 PM.