Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

M62 police shooting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38522721

M62 police shooting:A man shot dead in a police operation off the M62 died from gunshot wounds to chest, post-mortem tests have shown.

Yassar Yaqub, 28, of Huddersfield, was shot when police stopped a car on the sliproad of the motorway on Monday.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said a gun was found in Mr Yaqub's car. The officers involved had not worn body cameras.

Tests are being carried out by investigators on the two vehicles stopped and an unmarked police car.

Police officers had been travelling in four unmarked vehicles before the shooting.

The car was stopped at Ainley Top near J24 of the M62 in West Yorkshire.

A non-police issue firearm, found in the Audi in which Mr Yaqub was travelling, was secured in the presence of investigators at the scene and is undergoing ballistics and forensic testing, the IPPC said.
    This story is quite big where I live and has resulted in violent protests but what really gets me is people ignoring that the victim was a violent notorious drug dealer and benefit cheat stopped in a known drug dealing area. I don't agree with the shooting but I am tired of people making out he was innocent

Is this an England incident? I thought English cops didn't carry guns? Or are these guys a more serious police force since they were in unmarked vehicles?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Is this an England incident? I thought English cops didn't carry guns? Or are these guys a more serious police force since they were in unmarked vehicles?
    It was a drug deal sting and these dealers carry guns (a gun was found in his car)

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Pakistanis are now officially part of the dindu nuffin club of his death was protested.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-01-05 at 08:07 PM.

Is it possible to protest an extrajudicial killing of a member of your community without also trying to protest their innocence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Based on what? Your source provides nothing to even begin to establish whether the shooting was justified or not.
    There's other links at the bottom literally 6-7 different articles

Jesus those protesters "Justice for Yassar", sad people with little going on in there lives looking for something to get behind.

Deleted
    None of them indicate why he was shot.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38501122

One drug dealer less to worry about.

Bad guy with a gun gets shot. *shrug*

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    A guy posing with expensive cars and other stuff, known as a huge drug dealer, travelling alongside hs armed compatrios in posession of illegal guns was shot and suddenly he is a pillar of the community, a loving father with a bright future who lived life and would never have done anything.

The likely hundreds if not thousands of people he got hooked and was peddling his poison too? Bah! Screw them. The illegal guns he had? He didn't know any better! A paragon of British society was brutally murdered by nefarious police for absolutely no reason at all.

scum died, good result, police are the bad guys because everyone is a racist, minorities or foreigners in the UK/america and most places around the world see the police as below anyone of the same race as them and the enemy, so they're all racists seeing their race as more important than anyone elses lives, then if you're a police officer of that same race you're a traitor.

I saw that one. It just says they found a firearm. It doesn't explain the shooting.
    BBC, in their attempt to stay neutral tends to go overboard with not stating stuff anyone might question or object to - to the extent that Labour's post-Brexit leadership cramps were hardly mentioned altogether.

Deleted
    Don't get rallying around this kid. He rolled the dice played the game and ended up dead. Fair outcome in that line of work.

There are much more worthy victims of police zealousness that deserve to be protested. Tomlinson, Rigg etc.

Deleted
    I saw that one. It just says they found a firearm. It doesn't explain the shooting.
    Because he had a firearm and presumably resisted arrest /shrug

I however just sit uncomfortable with fatally shooting criminals

I certainly won't shed a tear for his loss, it is society's gain. However, the no body cam thing- that is slightly concerning, for many reasons, but mainly- what the hell was popo thinking? They had to anticipate a backlash, if he was posing a threat, then they have all the evidence they need that they were in the right. And that is important, even though (going from what I hear about the man) I am glad he is dead, we can't have the cops killing people without good reason, and body cam's can show us if they had or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    Sometimes it's necessary.
    Keywords 'sometimes'

Until the investigation I will remain cynical of the necessity. That said I aren't shedding tears either over this guy because he was scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Good to see dutertes work in the UK. /S
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.