Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They explained it like this...

The tusks have a set % rate to drop, regardless of the loot setting. So for group you get 3 chances at that percentage, whereas on personal you get the 1 chance at the same % drop.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    They explained it like this...

The tusks have a set % rate to drop, regardless of the loot setting. So for group you get 3 chances at that percentage, whereas on personal you get the 1 chance at the same % drop.
    Yes, thats how loot normally works. which also means things like, Garrosh's axe has a 3% drop chance normally due to all the loot Garrosh can drop.

However

For personal loot, that chance goes to roughly a 1/7 chance.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

So group > personal when it comes to Tusks?

While the weapon and other plate items jump up to 1/7 because you're eliminating most of the loot table; I'm guessing Tusks just sits at it's droprate of 0.1 or 0.2% (whatever absurdly low % it is). Which makes group better? Three 0.1% rolls vs. one? Pure speculaton I guess.

Deleted
    In my experience loot rules don't matter when farming solo. When you leave group and loot Garrosh you always get an item, maybe this has changed since I farmed?

Quote Originally Posted by beeppee View Post
    In my experience loot rules don't matter when farming solo. When you leave group and loot Garrosh you always get an item, maybe this has changed since I farmed?
    If you make a private premade group you can then change the loot rules despite being one person, since you're for all intents and purposes, a one person group.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    If you make a private premade group you can then change the loot rules despite being one person, since you're for all intents and purposes, a one person group.
    Exactly.

When I make the group on my toon with the lockout I set it to group loot (so I don't forget when I log over to my warrior).

Eclipsing 800 kills, no Tusks yet.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    Exactly.

When I make the group on my toon with the lockout I set it to group loot (so I don't forget when I log over to my warrior).

Eclipsing 800 kills, no Tusks yet.
    Took 1117 kills for me, don't give up!

Quote Originally Posted by beeppee View Post
    Took 1117 kills for me, don't give up!
    Thanks for the encouragement!

/fistbump
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

After patch 7.3 it seems you can only loot garrosh once a week. You can still bonus roll everytime tho. After farming him for almost 800kills, i could loot him every run + bonus roll. now it seems i can only loot him first run after reset. Anyone heard anything about blizzard fixing loot/lockout's in SOO? I got very demotivated after founding this out... seems like an impossible task to get tusks now. before 7.3 i had 4x chance to obtain tusks with group loot, and now i can only bonus roll? .. wtf
    Last edited by Kingsagen; 2017-08-31 at 06:21 AM.

After patch 7.3 it seems you can only loot garrosh once a week. You can still bonus roll everytime tho. After farming him for almost 800kills, i could loot him every run + bonus roll. now it seems i can only loot him first run after reset. Anyone heard anything about blizzard fixing loot/lockout's in SOO? I got very demotivated after founding this out... seems like an impossible task to get tusks now. Before 7.3 i had 4x chance to obtain tusks with group loot each run, and now i can only bonus roll? .. wtf

After patch 7.3 it seems you can only loot garrosh once a week. You can still bonus roll everytime tho. After farming him for almost 800kills, i could loot him every run + bonus roll. Now it seems i can only loot him first run after reset. Anyone heard anything about blizzard fixing loot/lockout's in SOO? I got very demotivated after founding this out... Seems like an impossible task to get tusks now. Before 7.3 i had 4x chance to obtain tusks with group loot each run, and now i can only bonus roll? .....

After patch 7.3 it seems you can only loot garrosh once a week. You can still bonus roll everytime tho. After farming him for almost 800kills, i could loot him every run + bonus roll. Now it seems i can only loot him first run after reset. Anyone heard anything about blizzard fixing loot/lockout's in SOO? I got very demotivated after founding this out... Seems like an impossible task to get tusks now. Before 7.3 i had 4x chance to obtain tusks with group loot each run, and now i can only bonus roll? .....

@Kingsagen

I haven't put in any attempts in a couple of weeks (on my way to 900 kills) but I'll give it a go and letcha know what I see later today.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsagen View Post
    Yup made me aswell demotivated for run this and they also added 2 paladin items to garrosh loot table so its now 9 items in total for bonus rollable ffs.

Confirmed, it got nerfed/hotfixed... so the arguably hardest farm, just got 75% harder.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Wow, I'm really happy I farmed it the patch prior then. That is absolutely soul-crushing for anyone currently farming, truly sorry . Pretty demotivating.

Did you really believe it was intended that you could loot him several times a week?
    It was clearly a bug/exploit, it got fixed and you complain? be glad you didnt get banned for exploiting.

I was using a 11/14 Raid ID to farm the tusk, Blackfuse & Klaxxi pets but by hotfixing that bug they bugged the SoO lockout, and now I can't use my saved ID because all the doors are locked. So now if I want to farm them I have to clean the whole instance on each plate char.

Anyone got something similar? I'll try to keep a save at Nazgrim see if it work.

Got tusks after 680 Kills have an alt outside with 12/13 is the way to go. And you kill him over and over and coin for tusks ofc. Good luck